Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 9:29 AM

pdb1:

I know that there are thousands and thousands of hard playing Legends that put everything they can into learning the game . That no matter how hard they try .( short of playing red tees and  not challenging themselves ) . Will never advance .

There could be many reasons for that .

That is none of your concern .

Your comments are in poor taste .

You used to be highly respected in these forums . I doubt anyone would give you the time of day currently .

I too wonder where the comments came from for el3n1.

Isn't this thread about Coin room forfeiters?

Perhaps someone should start a new post about WGT and they're ruining the game by letting to many weak players advance to tiers they don't belong in. Oops! Sorry that bone's been gnawed to death!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 9:54 AM

pdb1:
    You used to be highly respected in these forums.

He still is.

pdb1:
    I doubt anyone would give you the time of day currently .

@ed: When composing this, it was 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:43 AM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I too wonder where the comments came from for el3n1.

the professor (Robert)  picked up on it - and had I noticed and waited to see his response - I would not have replied. 

Thank you Robert and while we don't always agree - I greatly appreciate that we can share and learn from each other while respecting we have also had different goals on WGT.

I too am human and if my post was harsh, it was due to a semi abrupt reply after taking offense that others want to act like they have a more credible opinion than the observations of those with thousands of rounds of experience and coin room play.

I still can't see or know everything - WGT doesn't want us to or ever allow us to - so even when we can experience something countless times - it is still based on our experience

That being said - if we keep making the same mistakes or overlooking what we could be doing wrong then it could have to do with us and not the game or others trying to undermine the game in some way - in which case we won't improve - the problem is not always with the game - but how you are learning and what you are learning.

The game has also been subjected to a lot of people that choose to exploit the game in any number of ways - whether that is multi accounts, restarters, people strip mining 2 credit videos, or people in coin rooms intentionally sabotaging games to try and steal coins.  -- I actually think people may have accidentally learned how this glitch or bug works when someone rage quit or did something else only to discover it ended up giving them the win.  And, as a result, people learned how to do something even if it was not intentional to begin with.  But - when it keeps happening - even by experienced players - it starts looking increasingly suspicious - much like a new player that starts winning a bunch of RG's can look suspicious as being a restart or multi account.

We may not know definitively - but there is often a much stronger case that can be made - when you observe such things in a particular manner or fashion.

-- for what it is worth - we can hit an approach to a tight pin over water knowing 80% of the time it should work out fine - but if we go pin hunting - variance  could lead to a lost ball 20% of the time - so - we can learn to play that same shot safe 100% of the time - removing the chance of a lost ball by not going at a pin and then just trying to make what may be a longer putt.

Making observation in the game  - can be similar to those type of shot selections - we may not always know for certain - but we can eliminate some of the ambiguity - especially when some people end up being repeat offenders.  The odds go down that it was accidental when it keeps happening with certain people or country clubs.

--- 

As a side note - the real game of golf in match play allows for a player to concede without finishing the hole - everyone here calls it forfeiting but a sportsmanlike concession is well within the rules of golf - especially when done appropriately.   

So, I would like to see the word "forfeit" changed to concede hole, but that is personal preference and not worth the time investment if there are actual game fixes it would delay - but if it simply delays the release of a new pair of pants - then I would prefer to see the word changed.

Did not intend to ruffle any other feathers- and only wish I had seen Roberts post first and saved myself some time - but after noticing a couple replies I felt I should comment.

best wishes and fairways and greens.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:44 AM

Robert1893:

pdb1:
    You used to be highly respected in these forums.

He still is.

Agreed.  Like you said, el3n1 is a true student of the game, as well as an excellent player.  His comments on coin rooms are always spot on.  

I am not sure why he was attacked for his post by PureGro1 and pdb1.  His post was on point, and I'm sure it was based on his own coin room experiences.  I would certainly pay much closer attention to Ed than I would a quitter who brags openly about quitting 3000-5000 ranked rounds - and in a thread about forfeiters, no less.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:56 AM

Overall, a wonderful and thoughtful reply (referring to el3n1 reply above)

el3n1:
    I would like to see the word "forfeit" changed to concede hole, but that is personal preference and not worth the time investment if there are actual game fixes it would delay - but if it simply delays the release of a new pair of pants - then I would prefer to see the word changed.

Although slightly off topic, I agree 100% with having the option to "Concede". Changing the forfeit to concede is something I had suggested in a different thread to which Sam had agreed.

For that matter, when playing a friendly stroke round, I am not watching my "Opponent" nor, at the end of the game, is there a "winner".  It just seems everything is built around the competitive nature of the game as opposed to the social aspect of playing with friends.

I realize that coin rooms are competitive, by nature, but a player should still be given the option to "Concede" rather than forfeit. It seems more than semantics when the game is supposed to be a "gentlemen's game"

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 1:37 PM

el3n1:

funny how - opinions of wanna be tour champs that don't challenge themselves have an opinion about everyone else.  

pdb1:

To what and to whom are you referring ?

He is talking to me because I think there could be other reasons for a coin room disconnect than nefarious coin room cheaters and would not take his accusations at face value. 

Robert1893:
    If I'm misunderstanding the intent of the meme, I apologize.

I have no idea, My point wasn't personal...it was to point out that there maybe a million different reason why they may see an error such as was being discussed. 

Oh and I guess I used an Attack style meme? lol...

el3n1:

funny how

funny that

grow up

Because I dont agree with you? 

Your assessment of evil coin room players disconnecting is based on hearsay at best, its coin rooms which are proliferated with mobile players and connection issues do happen to mobile devices from time to time.  

el3n1:
    but those who just seek to troll and belittle others -gets old.  so again, grow up

Really... and going to my profile and score history to bring this back was meant to ____? 

Guess what? I've never looked at your profile or scores...I do not care what they are or say, I was disagreeing with that/your idea- PERIOD.

You resort to personal attacks- No worries, it takes all kinds to spin the world round...

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 1:46 PM

SamSpayed:
    I am not sure why he was attacked for his post by PureGro1

It was a brutal attack, calculated for years from a lair beneath the Antarctic....

OR....

The possibility does exist that I said nothing personal to anyone whatsoever...Nah, couldn't be that. lol

RSS