Forums

Help › Forums

Why am I not Champion?

Tue, Mar 22 2022 4:42 PM (75 replies)
  • tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 5:39 AM

Your Brother..................Rigggggggghhhhhhtttttt   lmao, wgt another one to investigate

• BOZskills
    395 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 6:40 AM

6/7 hours a day? Why?....... There is a real world out here. No offense intended.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 7:36 AM

funger50:

OK this morning I was on 1808 RR

played the custom made par3 tournament  and after that I was still on 1808 rounds

I became TL at 1020 RR

I  really have no idea what you are talking about

I'll see if I can do a better job of explaining it than I did previously.

As you know, the required number of rounds for saturation at Tour Legend is 750 rounds. But those 750 rounds do not include any Par 3s, Par 5s, or custom courses.

The number of ranked rounds in your stats includes all stroke-play rounds. So, within the 1800+ rounds you played, you have a number of Par 3 rounds. But more to the point, within the 800+ rounds you've played since becoming a Tour Legend, you have a significant number of Par 3 rounds. None of those count toward the 750 required rounds for saturation or average.

All the Par 3 rounds need to be deducted from the total. That's why I wrote the only way to accurately keep track of the number of rounds played for saturation and average is to keep a record of your own. Personally, I put all my ranked rounds in a spreadsheet.

Earlier in this thread, DodgyPutter walked through all of this and came up with a good estimate of how many ranked rounds you probably have toward saturation. His estimate was a range of between 290 and 340 rounds. He's very good at this stuff, so I would give careful consideration to what he calculated.

The bottom line is, to determine the number of ranked rounds you have toward saturation, you cannot simply take the number of rounds in stats you had when you became TL and subtract it from your current total. The reason is you have a lot of rounds included that simply don't count toward the 750 required rounds.

I hope that helps.

funger50:

But anyway thx for all your advises  I give up and might even stop to play the game at all

Why is WGT not telling me what I have to do to bacome Champion ?

WGT has never revealed the criteria for tiering up. That's just the way they are. No one knows why. 

• BigBlockVettes
    702 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 9:21 AM

Just so you know there are other things in life you can do lol 6 to 7 hours a day is just a bit over the top my friend. Say hello to your brother gunger40 or did I just do that ? LMBO.....

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 9:53 AM

Some of the comments above are totally uncalled for.

First, I have no doubts the other player is his brother. He's paired with him in alt-shot games. There's no way I believe someone would take the time to consistently set up alt-shot games and play on two devices to make that happen.

So, give that one a rest. It defies logic in the sense of why would anyone even do that?

And second, none of you know the player's life situation. If he gets enjoyment playing the game, I don't see a problem with that. And not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm guessing the person still has plenty of the day left to do other things. He simply chooses to manage his time differently than some of you. 

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 12:30 PM

Robert1893:

First, I have no doubts the other player is his brother. He's paired with him in alt-shot games. There's no way I believe someone would take the time to consistently set up alt-shot games and play on two devices to make that happen.

So, give that one a rest. It defies logic in the sense of why would anyone even do that?

And second, none of you know the player's life situation. If he gets enjoyment playing the game, I don't see a problem with that. And not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm guessing the person still has plenty of the day left to do other things. He simply chooses to manage his time differently than some of you. 

+1  Couldn't have said it better.  Sláinte 🍺

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 1:26 PM

funger50:

if you would play the good old  ALT game you would know us

but it looks to me we old PC players are not welcome anymore in WGT

about 20 players  getting all the money from the tourneys  the rest is playing  mobile for billions of coins and bloody 45 sec    I am 72 years old my brother 63 we like  90 sec and play mostly ALT games

Alt shot is a great way to play, I enjoy it as well...

No offence intended whatsoever, And you should play and do what you enjoy and have fun doing...BUT I will warn you that moving to champ tier using short tees in country club tourneys will be doing a disservice to yourself.

Robert1893:

+1000, Well written.

• craigswan
    31,032 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 1:42 PM

Robert , sam, puregro .

I also agree with you guys .

mmm .

• BigBlockVettes
    702 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 2:46 PM

Opinions are like butt holes we all got one. Four members in his club and all joined WGT at same time & so you know it's not that hard to play alt. shot on two PC or one pc & phone. Not that hard A thing, Robert.

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 3:00 PM

BigBlockVettes:
    Four members in his club and all joined WGT at same time

His CC is him, his brother, and a couple other friends from Austria.  Apparently, they've been playing together for a long time (since 2010) and enjoy each others' company.  What's your point? 🙄

RSS