Help › Forums

Why am I not Champion?

Tue, Mar 22 2022 4:42 PM (75 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 7:37 AM

funger50:

No the par 3 rounds  are not included  I play them for XP

Don't know what to tell you then. The 750 rounds at Tour Legend has been verified by a number of players. 

I can see only two possibilities. One, there's a glitch affecting you tiering up. Or you somehow miscounted number of ranked rounds you completed at TL. 

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 12:26 PM

Robert1893:
    I can see only two possibilities. One, there's a glitch affecting you tiering up. Or you somehow miscounted number of ranked rounds you completed at TL. 

I think someone (Cicero, maybe) recently said he got a response from WGT that none of the "Best Of" courses count toward saturation, although they are included in your Ranked Rounds total.  Not sure if that's true or the person from WGT who told him that was mistaken.  But if it's true, and if some of his 801 ranked rounds at TL were on those courses, that could also explain why funger50 hasn't been promoted yet.

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 12:56 PM

Just got confirmation that best of par 5s and best of par 3s do not count as ranked rounds when it comes to tiering up

• Cicero733
    2,294 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 2:26 PM

I think someone (Cicero, maybe) recently said he got a response from WGT that none of the "Best Of" courses count toward saturation

Yes, that is what I was told along with “any course played for ranking purposes must be at least a par 72” and that “no CC courses counted toward ranked rounds”. I don’t believe these last two statements are correct as they would seem not to make any sense, however they were included with the response sent to me. I do know, though, that when I tiered up I had to go about 20 rounds or so above the required 750 to advance. I had no BOP 5’s or 3’s in my rounds, but I did have a number of BOP 4’s (both courses) included so maybe there is something to this (?). 

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 2:52 PM

BOP 4's do count when for ranked round cause they go with the 72".

Yes it is too confusing

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 4:09 PM

Cicero733:
    Yes, that is what I was told along with “any course played for ranking purposes must be at least a par 72” and that “no CC courses counted toward ranked rounds”. I don’t believe these last two statements are correct as they would seem not to make any sense, however they were included with the response sent to me.

I agree that doesn't make sense. Some of the regular courses are not par 72, being either par 70 or 71. 

All I know is, starting with master tier, I diligently kept track of my average as I tiered up. I know best of par 4, best of hardest, and best of famous were all factored into my average as I was progressing through the tiers.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 4:14 PM

Cicero733:
    Yes, that is what I was told along with “any course played for ranking purposes must be at least a par 72” and that “no CC courses counted toward ranked rounds”. I don’t believe these last two statements are correct as they would seem not to make any sense, however they were included with the response sent to me.

I agree that the statement that “any course played for ranking purposes must be at least a par 72” is probably wrong.  That would mean that courses like Bethpage, RSG, Olympic, Pinehurst, and Merion (all par 70) would not count.  And I know, for example, that rounds on Bethpage do count, because in one of my former CCs the Tournament Director played that course incessantly (from the red tees with low winds) in order to get to Champion and Tour Champion.

I think when they said “no CC courses counted toward ranked rounds” they were referring to Custom Courses.

• Cicero733
    2,294 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 5:35 PM

I think when they said “no CC courses counted toward ranked rounds” they were referring to Custom Courses.

I would definitely agree as that makes much more sense. 

• funger50
    41 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2022 3:00 AM

thanky for all the replays and I understand it   

All I can say my par 3 country club tournaments are custom made and I know they are not counting   I play them for better XP  points

TL   funger50

Level 104  1805 RR  ( not inclouded the par 3 tourneys )

Avg. :   58,12

did spend thousends of dollars the last  13 years

and do not get answers from WGT ! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2022 5:08 AM

funger50:

All I can say my par 3 country club tournaments are custom made and I know they are not counting   I play them for better XP  points

TL   funger50

Level 104  1805 RR  ( not inclouded the par 3 tourneys )

Avg. :   58,12

On the 14th you said "I have played 801  ranked rounds as TL  Avg. 58.21   level  104    and still not Champion".

It would be helpful if you mentioned the number of rr's you think you've played in the same way, preferably those at at TL.

I think the 1805 will include some that don't count, as you can see it now says 1807 and all you've played since is two par 3 rounds.

You say your average is 58.12 at the time of writing, it is now 58.18 and there aren't any scores in your history to explain this so I'll assume it (the 58.12) was a mistake. 

On the 14th your average was 58.21 now it's 58.18. Between the two you scored two x (27) 54 and a (29) 58, so 166 over three rounds. I really doubt if movement like that would happen if you were close to 750 rounds @ TL.

Lets say you had played 400 rr's at TL on the 14th.

That would be 400 rounds @ 58.21 so it would include  23,284 strokes. Add the 166 for the three rounds after = 23,450 and divide by 403 (rounds) =  58.1885.

300 rounds, 300 x 58.21 = 17,463 + 166 = 17,629. Divide by 303 = 58.1815.

If, as I'm assuming, wgt show 58.1851 as 58.19 and 58.1849 as 58.14 then I'd say you've played between 290 and 340 rr's at TL.  Have you been using "Total ranked rounds played" from your profile and subtracting what it said when you became TL?

Clearly this is rough and if you kept track of your scores and how they affected your average it could be done much more accurately.  There is also a possibility you can see a more detailed average through the app or on mobile, that would help a lot.

One other thing, don't discard scores above your average, as it looks like you have been doing, there isn't a score that will slow down promotion but discarding then can. 

RSS