Forums

Help › Forums

Pittsburgh Pirates atop MLB NL Central!

Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:52 AM (100 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:42 AM

It's also the 19th hole where golfers talk about other stuff, wad.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 12:31 PM

Even if he thought it just missed, it wasn't by much, I think he was more embarrassed than anything else. Bottom line is he lost his cool and hurt his team at the worst possible time. Shoulda let the GM do his arguing for him........

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 1:56 PM

Heh-Bit of irony there too-you just know Molina frames pitches to get those calls himself. Little things like that and the Bucs' woes are going to set your crew up for a postseason appearance by the looks of it. Still a ways to go but winning is infectious and the Brewers look infected.   :-)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 3:43 PM

Nice to see Casey McGehee make it back to big league level, finally. Hopefully the Crew have answered their ill's in the #5 spot. It has been a long spell with him being unproductive and now his O and D seem to be coming back around. The cards have the bats to walk us over the diamond, but luckily their self destruction let us steal the series 2-1. You are more comfortable than I as to our post-season chances, lol - most likely from the decades of post all star break collapses. 

Nice to see a bit of a cushion though......

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:11 PM

Back to .500......... Oh well. It was GREAT while it lasted, and there's still time left for a miracle. lol  :)

The Home Run Derby last night at PNC Park was... wellllll... still worth watching even though the Bucco's pitchers got pummelled! I don't remember EVER seeing a game like it!

Funny how much of a difference a week or two makes in the big-leagues. Even though da'Bucs aren't on top, and may not be... at least not for a good while... they've still made enough of a splash to satisfy most of their fans.

.500? There are MANY who wouldn't-a-thunk it was a possibility this far into the season...

Realistically, the Pirates may need to win 36 of their remaining games to end-up on top in the Central. But then again, how realistic a thought was it in April, that they'd have won 54 by now?  ;)

Let's Go Bucs!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 1:16 AM

Well Pirate fans.....it's back to below 500 for ya. :( I know how it feels to love a team that is always below 500. I'm a Philadelphia fan. I've been through HORRIBLE years with my Phillies. Granted my Phillies have been just awesome these past couple of years, but I'm positive it won't last for too many more years. But anyways I'm not making fun or trying to rub it in that my team is better than your team. I think this could be the start of the Pirates being in contention for a playoff spot. Hey, you got to start somewhere. And they certainly have some talent. So you never know.

Anyways, the real reason I am posting in here is to let all you baseball fans know that sometime next month I will be hosting my second MLB Challenge here in the forums. If you don't know what I am talking about just type in "MLB Challenge" into the search box and click on the thread that has that in the title. (Should be the first one that pops up) Also last years winners received a sleeve of GI-SD vapor balls. This year I will be handing out MUCH better prizes for correct predictions. So stay on the lookout next month and in the meantime watch plenty of baseball. It should help you a little bit in making a correct prediction. Until then my friends, take care.

Master Yoda

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 4:53 AM

Yoda79:
    Well Pirate fans.....it's back to below 500 for ya.

I wouldn't sell them short just yet. The long season has many streaks and 1 week of winning ball turns it around. Just look at the last week the Yankees had-7 in a row and dead even with Boston going into a 3 game series this weekend. Of course it was the hapless White Sox for 4 straight  but 3 out of 4 from Cleveland before that. 

Keep the faith, Pug.  :-)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2011 11:39 AM

Yoda79:
    Well Pirate fans.....it's back to below 500 for ya.

Maybe they just gotta get back to the plushdamentals, lol.

Tell me these guys aren't having fun! Did anyone happen to catch the dugout reaction after Craig Counsell broke his hitting drought? Priceless. Couldn't strip the video out, but here's a link to it. Good TV.....

• Jwax81
    54 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 11:35 PM

Nyjer Morgan was the man when he played for the Pirates... Still wish he was a Pirate 

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 10:41 AM

YankeeJim:

Keep the faith, Pug.  :-)

Brewers are on a roll, but we got 2 of 3 from the Giants! It could be a start out of the slump...

On to Milwaukee tomorrow!

"Batmania" in da 'Burgh continues...  lol

RSS