as of 7/16/2011:

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 4:34 AM

PugsAce:

Let's Go Bucs!  :)

It's been awhile...   lol.  ;)

as of 7/16/2011:

Since the Willie Stargell we are family era.

But look at my Cubs :(

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 5:57 AM

LOL. They made the top of the local sports section front page this morning. Good for Pittsburgh, good for baseball. (Note the Yankee cast-off they couldn't wait for-Jeff Karstens! Go, Jeff!)

What really would be cool would be the NLCS between Pittsburgh and Chicago. That sure would put baseball on it's head!

Hey, dreaming's fun.  :-D

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 8:00 AM

Hell, I'm a serious Cardinal fan and even I like to see this. Good on 'em. (Won't last though...... knock wood.)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 7:29 PM

AGArgent:

Hell, I'm a serious Cardinal fan and even I like to see this. Good on 'em. (Won't last though...... knock wood.)

LOL! Wellll.... it was nice while it lasted.  :)

The Bucco's will hopefully make it back up there again... but for now, it's yer Card's on top (and the Brewers are gettin' "Rocked" right now). GL to ya!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 8:41 AM

Ah, but the question remains-will Pittsburgh go all in this year and do something before the trade deadline? I hope they do.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 10:09 AM

Ah, what a difference a day makes

Gonna be an interesting 2nd half to be sure, in BOTH centrals. Too bad it is going to be a win only proposition for making the post season, doesn't look like there will be a chance for a wildcard with the way things are playing out....

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 10:38 AM

Nope, looks like the wild card will come out of the East in both leagues. The NL Central will be a horse race all summer unless the Card's second coming of Murderer's Row consisting of Pujols, Holliday and Berkman just go berserk. But regardlessof who gets into post season, facing the Phils in a 7 games series with their rotation would be pretty damn daunting. 

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 6:22 PM

And what a difference TWO days makes, lol

Tis' going to be a very interesting 2nd half !!

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 7:36 PM

VanHalenLover:

Tis' going to be a very interesting 2nd half !!

Gonna be an interesting week, as both the Reds and Cardinals are coming to town.

It's great to still have a team in the running, going into the 2nd half of the season.

Baseball has been on the back burner a long time here in da'Burgh. It's hard to keep expectations from getting un-realistic when these kids keep winning games the way they do.

This talk about playoffs and wildcards... wow... fans 'round here are ecstatic just to see the team above .500!

RSS