Forums

Help › Forums

Pittsburgh Pirates atop MLB NL Central!

Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:52 AM (100 replies)
  • AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:40 AM

Well, PA, 2 out of 3 from the hated Reds is just fine. Somehow I just love to see them flounder, the Reds, that is. But if they can get Beltran, DO IT! He'd be one of those cats who is great enough to just become all born again with a new team and go on a tear. Ain't sure about his club house chemistry rep but the guy is so talented, he'd be someone that would  be a major boon for a young team like the Pirates in a pennant stretch drive and play-offs. Just plug him into the line-up somewhere. Now with all my objective thoughts stated about the matter, my Card-ness really hopes they DON'T get him.  

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 11:29 AM

2 left against the Giants, and the worst my Crew can do with this tough road stretch is go home 3-4, and potentially end up 5-2. Much better than I expected, and very happy to see they are finding ways to win against the 'better' teams instead of creating ways to lose!

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 11:48 PM

AGArgent:

... But if they can get Beltran, DO IT! ... Just plug him into the line-up somewhere. Now with all my objective thoughts stated about the matter, my Card-ness really hopes they DON'T get him.

Beltran... or even Willingham... I'm beginning to think you guys may be right. The Bucco's need some power - at least the threat of it, anyways. It's been over 50 innings since we've had one clear a wall, and combining that fact with our recent floundering pitching performances definitely will make it tough for us to stay close in the back-stretch of this horse race that we have running in the Central. Looks like we've managed to stay only 1 "length" back from the Cards, now that the Crew slipped-up tonight, as well.

My expectations of Alvarez shouldering that responsibility (once he returns) may be a bit lofty, so giving up a prospect or two - along with some $$$ - may turn out for the best... to at least give us a shot at this year's playoffs.

It's good to have Pearce and Cedeno back, (and Tabata at least dressed in the dug-out), even though their contributions were mainly defensive ones. But now Presley's out DTD with a thumb...  :/

During August after the deadline, and later in September during the turn for the home-stretch, I still think it could be neck-and-neck with the lead changes continuing the way they have been. And yes... the Reds may even come back by then with any consistency in their game.

Having a slugger for come-from-behind help is sorely needed in Da'Burgh.

• Jimbo555
    158 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 9:38 AM

Clint Hurdle

Loved him as a player in KC

Did great things in Colorado

He wont let off and will keep those Bucs going all the way

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 9:39 AM

PugsAce:
    But if they can get Beltran, DO IT! .

Doing a little rethinking here, Pugs. Sorta hoping the Yankees would grab him and send Posada packing because he'd be a great DH. Unfortunately, baby Posada would probably upset the applecart and go off pouting somewhere. :(

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 5:42 PM

This is crazy tight! lol

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 8:43 AM

PugsAce:

This is crazy tight! lol

August is gonna be one of the most interesting Augusts in memory for us NL Central boys, ain't it.Everybody plays everybody several more times. Gonna be quite the slug fest. Probably whoever plays around .600 ball takes the flag. Maybe have to win 90-95 games?

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 7:44 AM

Arrrrggggh! After 19 innings?

Arrrrggggh!

:/

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 9:15 AM

What a bs call. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 8:19 PM

Re: Beltran.

Although I would have like to see a SS with a bat, looks like he's headed West.

RSS