Forums

Help › Forums

Pittsburgh Pirates atop MLB NL Central!

Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:52 AM (100 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 8:50 PM

Just what the Pirates needed, another extra innings game. Gonna be a strain on that bullpen for a bit.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 4:52 AM

As if that ain't enough the ump that made that atrocious call in the 19th admitted he blew it. Heh, hope the Bucs' season doesn't come down to one game at the end of the year.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 10:22 PM

I don't put that much weight into those Jim, happens to every team at some point in the year - the human aspect of it is what keeps the game interesting. I think it all evens out over the course of a season. I know the crew have had a couple bad calls at critical points in games, and I'm sure every other team has similar examples.

On a side note, it was a good start to the homestand......

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:52 AM

Yep, looks like at least one of the contenders is slowly dropping away. Figured they would, never thought Dusty Baker had the chops to manage under even the slightest bit of pressure. And YJ, what's this about Irabu? Just heard a snatch about something about suicide?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 10:12 AM

He offed himself  by hanging!! True. George Steinbrenner's "fat toad" took a Pasadena for reasons nobody knows yet.  Strange.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 10:19 AM

Looks like the Bucs are making a play. Yay. Derrick Lee was a nice addition-why couldn't you have picked him up before Friday's game when he beat the Yankees?  

Now they need a set up guy to get them to Hanrahan.  :-)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 12:41 PM

YankeeJim:

Looks like the Bucs are making a play. Yay. Derrick Lee was a nice addition-why couldn't you have picked him up before Friday's game when he beat the Yankees?  

Now they need a set up guy to get them to Hanrahan.  :-)

Yep. Overbay just didn't have enough in him of late. He made the Lee acquisition a necessary one. Heh! And now, as I'm typing this, he hits a 2run HR to give us the lead against the Phillies... too late, Lyle?

Hope Lee adds the wood that's needed... but it's gonna be tough to turn this wood-pile into the lumber company it was in the ol'days.

The BP seems to have struggled recently, but they'll be OK if our starters are backed-up with the offense needed to keep them on the mound thru their six. I can't see Huntington spending enough there to make much of a difference.

Gotta bring out the broom this week at home. Can't let the Crew get too far ahead!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 9:08 PM

Anyone know the over/under for how many games Yadier Molina just got himself taken out of? Too bad for the Cards, strong player to lose for such a ridiculous temper tantrum.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:38 AM

Especially because the pitch was a strike. The ump wiping the spit off his face should be good for a couple of weeks that will probably turn into one. Shades of Roberto Alomar.........

RSS