Forums

Help › Forums

Pittsburgh Pirates atop MLB NL Central!

Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:52 AM (100 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 7:11 PM

Jwax81:

Nyjer Morgan was the man when he played for the Pirates... Still wish he was a Pirate 

I honestly didn't see much of him pre-Brewers, but he is a joy to watch. The Crew have made several key acquisitions for the run, and all of them have been contributing - a very welcomed change around these parts, lol. I especially love the pitching additions, something we have needed for a LONG time, and it is starting to pay dividends.

We don't have a chance against the likes if the Phillies if we do get there, or the kings of the AL if for some reason we have a Cinderella run, but it is still great to dream and have a legit shot at the post season once again.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:51 AM

VanHalenLover:
    We don't have a change against the likes if the Phillies if we do get there, or the kings of the AL if for some reason

Yes you do. Ya gotta believe. The most dangerous opponent is the underdog that stays close and then realizes they have a real chance to win a la the Amazing Mets with Ed Kranepool  at first (Who the heck is Ed Kranepool??  :-D.) It's what makes rooting fun.  :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 1:49 PM

Oh yeah. I gotta agree with Jim on this one. No matter how big or small a chance they have, it's still a chance. That's why they play the games. And if there is one thing I have learned over all the years of watching sports, its that you never know who is going to come out on top after it's all said and done. We all may think we know during the season/playoffs, and we just might be right some of the time, but it's those other times that we didn't think it was possible for that particular team to come out on top. And it's those times that keep us coming back year after year watching with great anticipation to see who it's going to be this year. So keep your head and stay behind your team and above all, believe! Just like I believe the Phillies are going to back to the World Series and winning it. 

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 8:16 PM

I've not given up, I am actually more excited about their chances than I have been in a LONG time. I know it's a new season when the post season starts and I know anything can happen, but I also know it isn't a one game series. The crew does not have the talent or depth to make their chances realistic, but they still have a chance, which is WAY better than the last 25 years or so......

I'm so excited, I keep doing this !!!!! :

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 5:52 AM

September 1 - not a bad time of year to incur your first home sweep/loss. Couldn't have happened against a worse team based on the standings, but the cushion that was there makes it a little easier to swallow. . . 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 5:56 AM

Heh-It's in the bag. See it this way..... If the Crew plays just .500 ball for their remaining 24 games the Cards would have to go 20-5 over that same stretch just to tie. I think the Brewers can play .500 ball. They're in control of their own destiny now.  :-)

p.s., I hope the Bucs are mad enough to remember this year next year and use it. Maybe the front office will help them over the winter.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 6:01 AM

Not to forget though, the crew plays the cards for one more set. If they sweep again, that cushion gets a LOT smaller and the confidence drops considerably. It has been many years of disappointing post-'all star break slides' (since 82 in fact). Around these parts, nothing is in the bag until our magic number is o!

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 6:58 AM

Disappointment? I bleed blue and hope to see the Cubs win sometime before I see the pearly gates. Maybe Cubs fans get special dispensation when the time comes.

-G

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 8:31 AM

gsoup:

Disappointment? I bleed blue and hope to see the Cubs win sometime before I see the pearly gates. Maybe Cubs fans get special dispensation when the time comes.

-G

Black-n-Gold bleeders, I'm sure, would be fightin' tooth-n-nail for consideration of such. lol

Faith, g... gotta keep the faith.  ;)

VHL - it looks like it could be the Crew's year! Glad to contribute... lol!

With the Buccos getting swept by the worst team in the majors, I think it's time for the fork. The sweep of yer Crew is but a dent in the kettle.... You guys are still cookin'!  GL!

It was fun while it lasted... maybe next year...  :/

Personally.... all I gotta say is...

Bring on The Steelers! :]] LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:11 AM

PugsAce:
    It was fun while it lasted... maybe next year...  :/

How many Giant fans are saying this right about now?    Salamii?   MBaggese?

:-D

RSS