Forums

Help › Forums

Question for the members

Sun, Jul 26 2020 9:49 AM (140 replies)
  • SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 3:25 PM
    Well I have improved my game thanks to the use of the rule to aim and a circle with stripes that I put on the arrow of the wind and it looks like a transporter, so I can know with some certainty where the wind is going.
    Oh and I use Excel to take peronal notes from the fields, I mapped my clubs with every ball I use to get the shot clear, and I use an Excel file that gave Young46 to calculate the power of the putter.
    I practice about 5 rounds a day to improve my game and to have a better score in the weekly tournaments, so I spend a lot more on balls than I actually win, so is not a "Big Business" at all for me, tools not make me win, is practice (and rarely I'm in top 10).
    The question is that how each one learns how to play is everyone's business.
    I'm a lifelong gamer and when SuperNintendo games were only in English, using a dictionary was not cheating. Nor was looking in the books (there was no internet) to decipher keys of the RPGs was not cheating either.
    If you used a autodinger, or a tool to slow down the speedometer, that would be cheating, but using excel or a simple rule is the same as a student using a calculator for trigonometry tasks.
    Is that even scientists use computers to facilitate their calculations!
    The truth is I read this post and it seems more and more like a simple whining.
    If someone can play well ain tools, good for him! But those of us who use them are not cheaters.
    Maybe when WGT comes to the E-Sports and I have learned to play well, stop using tools.. While, I prefer to open a hole in the ground using a shovel and not dig with my  hands.
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 4:27 PM

OK Gary/Peter I know know of you other than from what I have seen in Twitch threads, I would willingly put myself forward to be an adjudicator to any dispute you guys may have!

Please let me know if this is a Feasible option, I would willingly be an adjuticator to this any any discression

As far as I am concerned I am only after only one thing as far as WGT are concerned ...

That is............... For us all to be as one................. Get over yourselves and be One another,

Period!!!

[] 

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 5:00 PM

amateur4sure:

OK Gary/Peter I know know of you other than from what I have seen in Twitch threads, I would willingly put myself forward to be an adjudicator to any dispute you guys may have!

Please let me know if this is a Feasible option, I would willingly be an adjuticator to this any any discression

As far as I am concerned I am only after only one thing as far as WGT are concerned ...

That is............... For us all to be as one................. Get over yourselves and be One another,

Period!!!

[] 

LOL :) 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 2:12 AM

For those who don't know Chris (amateur4sure)

He's the nicest man on the planet...even the Dali lama phones him up when he's having a "baddun " 

But you been on the sauce mate lol.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 3:37 AM

amateur4sure:

I am only after only one thing as far as WGT are concerned ...

That is............... For us all to be as one

Sorry Chris but "there can only be one" so unless you are the Kurgan or a member of Clan MacLeod you can't be "The one" ;)

Ken

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 5:58 AM

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 7:04 AM

Robert1893:

lol

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 8:52 AM

ujjbnjk:

Hi Ujj...was wondering if you could perhaps chime in a little bit about what kind of method(s) you might use when lining up a shot?  

There's been a lot of chatter about feel vs. calculations and I was wondering if you do ANY sort of calculating at all when deciding what to hit, how hard and where to hit it?

I've watched some of you rounds and there's certainly no visual aids although I suppose they could on another monitor, but do you do any mental calculations / math in your head?

thx,

brad

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 12:48 PM

kavvz:

ujjbnjk:

Hi Ujj...was wondering if you could perhaps chime in a little bit about what kind of method(s) you might use when lining up a shot?  

There's been a lot of chatter about feel vs. calculations and I was wondering if you do ANY sort of calculating at all when deciding what to hit, how hard and where to hit it?

I've watched some of you rounds and there's certainly no visual aids although I suppose they could on another monitor, but do you do any mental calculations / math in your head?

thx,

brad

Sure thing not much to tell tho... Playing by *feel* it's not a good way of explaining it... I would call it memoery n experience... Can't say i never use math but it happens very very rarely... Would say 97-98 % of my shots just go on auto-pilot... Had every shot n putt so many times so not much to think about... Played the game for over 8 years so I guess that helps:)... Im pretty sure most top players could play like I do but they prefer using this tools to get the exact right number on every shot...im just way to lazy for anything like that... Like to play fast... N if I gonna start calculating every shot... It will take forever and get boring real quick :) use whatever works for you as long as wgt is cool with it:) Cheers//Peter

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 1:31 PM

alosso:

Nancy1959:
    alosso:
    It's safe to say that ev1 does estimation (math) and comparison (math) for each shot, IRL and here.
    No, that's what I'm saying.  I don't do that.  I aim and hit.

Just un-believable. You never change the club or shot? 'cause if you did, you'd do math, comparing the shot length+condition with the nominal length.

And if you ever use a fraction of the meter, you compare to a billion shots in your head - just math.

The difference matters ;)

Of course I change the club sometimes, because WGT doesn't always pick the right club.  I can't explain it other than experience in playing close to 20,000 ranked rounds and knowing what shot to hit.  Now, hitting it on the meter where I want to is another story.  But it works fine for me.  Doing the math would make this game not very fun for me, but I don't have a problem with people that feel the need to do so.

RSS