Forums

Help › Forums

Question for the members

Sun, Jul 26 2020 9:49 AM (140 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:04 PM

kavvz:
    How did you determine you needed to hit 4 instead of 5 with say half BS?   

I explained that in the reasoning. It isn't hard if you know your clubs and have played enough to know the holes.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:25 PM

Imo this entire post and discussion is more about Rhetoric, Presupposition, and Philosophy.

Random person says, "Anyone using a ruler is a cheater". 2nd person says, "No. No.  Using a ruler is fine.  Anyone using a calculator is a cheater".  3rd person says, No. No.No.  Rulers and Calculators are fine.  Anyone using a stop watch is a cheater."

4th person says, *No. No. No. No.  Those things are NOT cheats but they are contrary to the spirit of the game and goes against how it's intended to be played." 

Everyone of these statements are arbitrary.  Why?  They are not based on fact, but rather, you're own personal opinion based on how YOU feel.  As long as you don't break the ToS it doesn't matter how you play.  You wanna play by feel and hit every shot in under 10 seconds?  Go for it.  You want to use every tool in the book and take 5 minutes per shot?  Go for it.

At the end of the day the person with the lowest final score is without question the better player on that day.  Everyone should play according to there own style and above all else, have fun.

Good shooting and cheers.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 2:27 PM
    Agree
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 4:14 PM

Ty Sean for your post and comments.  Couldn't agree more.

Makes one wonder how anyone might cast judgment on those that play a certain way.  :shakes head:

Cheers!

• ujjbnjk
    2,125 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 3:10 AM

Woodoworkery:

YankeeJim:

maoriand1:
    It seems u have a crisis of identity.. are u the same player that scored 52 53 or other super low scores some months ago? Did u remember it or not??? U were able to score so low thx your spreedsheet?

I think he missed this first time around.  Still waiting for an answer.

Yes M I remember, so what do you want me to say? It was a huge help. 

Do me a favor then Gary use it record some rounds N prove you still can shot scores like that... Like last time around you call me a cheat in forums..  And told me to prove my shet...( I did) When are you gonna do the same thing? :) this whole thing is going overboard... Can't say I'm a huge fan of all this gadgets... But wgt is cool with it so what are we even arguing about? 

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 4:24 AM
    Gary i don t want say nothing but u still have not answered to my question.. u were able to post those low score thx your spreedsheet or thx a ruler???? The spreadsheet is based on a formula that i can reply with a normal calculator but to play fast i use the excel to get an immediate answer about the distance to go..but maybe my formula is not good like y46 or walkoflife and i will have to get birdies thx my ability. That s why sometime i win other time i loose other time i get Wd. This is wgt. It s a game. Not life
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 4:39 AM

I did Pete, only to be told it was a German playing my account. I also streamed a game using no excel, ruler, protractor, and or clock. I will not try to prove myself anymore, its been over a year, and taking a quote from you " I'm still here"

I never ever said you were a cheat, please show me this quote. You can put it on my wall I don't have you blocked.

This was just a survey, to see what the general population was thinking about all the helpers versus playing without helpers.

If anyone feels they don't give an advantage to their game, play without them. You have nothing to lose. But then again, I never in a million years thought of having two computers, to play a video game. So I guess this thread is now dead.    

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 5:33 AM
    I can talk only for me and not for others. U know i have a channel.. u can see some old videos where i use the calculator. I played for 2 yrs using only the calculator. But what s the difference between a calculator and an excel files..? It s the same.. same way to hit a shot.. same formula..
  • ujjbnjk
    2,125 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 5:55 AM

Woodoworkery:

I did Pete, only to be told it was a German playing my account. I also streamed a game using no excel, ruler, protractor, and or clock. I will not try to prove myself anymore, its been over a year, and taking a quote from you " I'm still here"

I never ever said you were a cheat, please show me this quote. You can put it on my wall I don't have you blocked.

This was just a survey, to see what the general population was thinking about all the helpers versus playing without helpers.

If anyone feels they don't give an advantage to their game, play without them. You have nothing to lose. But then again, I never in a million years thought of having two computers, to play a video game. So I guess this thread is now dead.    

No Gary you have no round even close to what you been shooting(at least I have not seen it feel free to link if you have a good one recorded) in your glory days... You won some serious big tournaments monthly open multi monthly open n VT... - 19 at Erin hills just to make one example....its up to you whatever you wanna do... But don't get upset when people qestion your game then. Btw no need to have this shet chat back n forward in open forums if you wanna talk more contact me on my wall or message. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 2:52 PM
    Personally i don't use anything. Just work it out in my head and try to remember holes that play long or short or from shots i've hit previously. I have the in game note book and all i put on it is distances that the par 3's play. I've no problem with players using spreadsheets and rulers though. I've thought that if i really wanted to improve my game then i should start using them myself. To be honest though, i just can't be bothered :-)
RSS