Forums

Help › Forums

Question for the members

Sun, Jul 26 2020 9:49 AM (140 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 9:47 AM

abbielb:
    so if im a ( Feel ) player....am i cheating by refering back to my notes in that next senario ?

Ever watch a pro tour event? They spend as much time looking at the notes they take in their little black book as they do addressing the shot. WGT sells the same thing so I hardly consider that anything other than course management.

I don't take notes, I just treat every shot as a different puzzle. Now, a caddie standing there with a tablet and wind speed measuring device might be another story.  :-D 

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 10:06 AM

so i can note that i had a 200 yds shot with a sidewind of 20  mph....and i noted that i needed to aim it 35 yds with full backspin isnt cheating..........this isnt cheating......its looking at notes of ( course management).......seems many players on here would call me a cheat....i figured out this myself....i didnt use wind calculator.....the problem with this topic everyone is talking about is......where do you draw the line

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 10:14 AM

Woodoworkery:

PRIESTESS:

I am referring to  a 18-20 mph wind coming in at 8 0 clock with 12 elevation from 187.   Working that shot out would be feel but i know some will put that info into a chart and get an answer.Is punching info into a chart and receiving  an answer on what to hit actually gaming?

Is that player actually playing the game??

That's my point, Tess.  I have been guilty of doing that until I saw Ujj play and that opened my eyes. Don't get me wrong we have had our differences, and I am not trying to suck up, but the man can play the game as it was intended to be played. Like I said earlier Wontanamo also plays that way, along with Fmags , icon, Bollox, and many others. They are true Champions. 

So anyone who uses theses helpers scores well, and dares to compare themselves to these guys makes me sick. 

It was when I saw a ruler to set the spin dot on the ball, I said WTF, when is this crap going to end. Well, it didn't end there I heard of a stopwatch being used to time the dots.

Good Post.

I don't have anything against rulers and i dont really have anything against players that punch the info into a chart  and get an equation.

But please identify the difference( not you ) Between making your own decisions and having a decision made for you. Its kinda a huge difference no?

And the guy that said its no difference working ya shot out or having it worked out , well that shows where some are at!

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 10:27 AM

I don't know how cheating, got into this. Its an advantage to playing the game, over someone who does not use them.

If it's not an advantage, If I am just crazy,  then play without the spreadsheet, don't use all the rulers, don't use the putting spreadsheet to find the break. It's that simple.

Like I said before, mapping, calculators, and notes are fine. Try it according to some,  should not make a difference.

NOBODY IS CALLING ANYONE A CHEAT. The spreadsheets, the formulas, the rulers, the stopwatches, these are the advantages.

Don't argue, don't keep rambling over and over. Just play without them. What have you got to lose? 

You get 90 seconds to get a shot off, surely you can do that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 10:34 AM

maoriand1:
    It seems u have a crisis of identity.. are u the same player that scored 52 53 or other super low scores some months ago? Did u remember it or not??? U were able to score so low thx your spreedsheet?

I think he missed this first time around.  Still waiting for an answer.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 10:48 AM

PRIESTESS:
    But please identify the difference( not you ) Between making your own decisions and having a decision made for you. Its kinda a huge difference no?

It's called a heuristic. All of life is lived that way.

All the time, people make decisions (even major decisions) with imperfect information. It would be impossible to live otherwise. And oftentimes, they have others "make the decision for them." In other words, they don't know anything about computers, so they ask their "computer friend" what's the best one to purchase. Then they purchase that one. 

Nevertheless, ultimately, the person purchasing the computers makes the decision. Moreover, based on their knowledge of their friend, they've determined him or her to be a good source of valid information. 

As been already pointed out, spreadsheets are just more elaborate heuristics that some people choose to use. For those who don't, they've simply substituted a separate set of heuristics, whether they realize it or not. That's true even in a decision as simple as "I should hit this shot at about 90% rather than at 100%." 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 11:16 AM

YankeeJim:

maoriand1:
    It seems u have a crisis of identity.. are u the same player that scored 52 53 or other super low scores some months ago? Did u remember it or not??? U were able to score so low thx your spreedsheet?

I think he missed this first time around.  Still waiting for an answer.

Yes M I remember, so what do you want me to say? It was a huge help. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 12:05 PM

PRIESTESS:

Woodoworkery:

PRIESTESS:

I am referring to  a 18-20 mph wind coming in at 8 0 clock with 12 elevation from 187.   Working that shot out would be feel but i know some will put that info into a chart and get an answer.Is punching info into a chart and receiving  an answer on what to hit actually gaming?

Is that player actually playing the game??

That's my point, Tess.  I have been guilty of doing that until I saw Ujj play and that opened my eyes. Don't get me wrong we have had our differences, and I am not trying to suck up, but the man can play the game as it was intended to be played. Like I said earlier Wontanamo also plays that way, along with Fmags , icon, Bollox, and many others. They are true Champions. 

So anyone who uses theses helpers scores well, and dares to compare themselves to these guys makes me sick. 

It was when I saw a ruler to set the spin dot on the ball, I said WTF, when is this crap going to end. Well, it didn't end there I heard of a stopwatch being used to time the dots.

Good Post.

I don't have anything against rulers and i dont really have anything against players that punch the info into a chart  and get an equation.

And the guy that said its no difference working ya shot out or having it worked out , well that shows where some are at!

Hey! that was me and just wow!

Still waiting for how *exactly* you make those decisions.  How do you know you should club down into elevation?  By how much?   What are you feeling in your head?  How do you know this has gotta be 95% instead of full.  

I assume you know how far your clubs hit your ball.  Well...if you've decided 95% for a shot...why?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 12:11 PM

YankeeJim:

kavvz:
    You say human abilities..what human abilities?  What abilities are you using to "feel" how hard / where to hit a shot?

Logic and experience....

The math never really entered into the equation, it just felt right.  :-)

189 into elevation.

How much elevation?  How did you determine you needed to hit 4 instead of 5 with say half BS?   

Sorry all of ya'll...I don't buy what you're preaching.  

You are doing some sort of calculation in your head no matter how much you try to say you're not.  If that makes me where I"m at then so be it.  Not terribly concerned about it.

I'm out...said my peace.

Cheers!

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 12:38 PM
    Amisz0:

maoriand1:
    Even if 2017 accounts are able to make top player scores? 😂😂😂 now don t tell me that is normal in 1 year reach these results.. but it s ok.. everyone find his own pleasure in this game.. it s up to wgt caught them.. i can only laught at the top players close them that think others are stupids.

What's wrong with that players with account app. 1 year make good scores 55-59? I felt personally humiliated...It happens to me to score 55 or even better, what's wrong with that? I was accused of cheating recently...now this.

If you love this game, if you learn and peep from the top players, if you play a lot it's easy to do it within less than a year or even faster.

I m not talking of cheating but of multiaccounting. It s different. But as i said if u have nothing to hide u should not reply.. my first msg was not about you. It s the first time i see you.
RSS