Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:02 AM (233 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:23 PM

When Renni   ,started this  thread ,i was one of the first  to  participate ,i was proud of those members that did the same and  gave a little bit of  themself   .      It did not take long ,this thread that some of us needed to participate in  went south  at one point  i just stop looking at it  like a years ago .   Some of the members   i will not name any here (I should put them to shame but no)   some used this thread to look for a fight ,some used it  for the weird  humor , some used it to have conversation that none of us wanted to read .     So  now it is out    i say good i almost stop  reading the forum because of the same kind of thing happening  in other  serious thread .          I said what i had to say  .            PS:  Just imagine a member that never share ,and take a chance to say something , and a few days later  he see some  members    making  jokes  or stupid comments .            And for example   look at  this thread just started   it  already gone south ,and it is all our lost .                        

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:26 PM

I'll just read from now on and not comment, if I stay silent on an AS game, it's not because I am an A$$, it's because I have nothing worth saying.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:01 PM

Romax:
    A bit unfair and hurtful to him I think, but just my humble opinion.

It is your opinion and you are entitled to it as I am mine.

craigswan:

No ranting by me . Just tell me to my face .

If anyone has a problem with me and my posts just say here up front and I will disappear.

As you can see he asked and I replied upfront per his request. Maybe he is not as loved as he thought.

Now is he a man of his word ... only he can prove that.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 8:48 PM

I have no idea what everyone is talking about.  Lets stop blaming and start being nice to each other.

Henry USA TRAVEL UPDATE:   I didn't do much today other than going to a Spring Training Game in Phoenix.   It was the Texas Rangers VS.  the California Angels.   Down to the last bat.  Rangers winning 2 to 1.   Bottom of the ninth, first Angels batter goes out.   Another Angels batter gets on base and gets caught stealing second base.  Some how the Angels load the bases and a hit ,,, yahooooo Angels win. 

Very exciting ball game.  Over and out!

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 12:30 AM

Sorry guys - but I'm back . My word is not my bond with people I do not respect .

But at least now I know who my friends are .

You know my dad fought for six years during the second world war for freedom and free speech .

So I'm going to honour him .

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 1:04 AM

Craig, put that blonde woman stroking her cat one back on.

I loved that little p ussy 

;-)

had to edit as would not let me spell it , jeez.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 2:39 AM

bubbsboy:

Craig, put that blonde woman stroking her cat one back on.

I loved that little p ussy 

;-)

had to edit as would not let me spell it , jeez.

Minge is an acceptable alternative.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 2:53 AM

Jeez after reading that reply Paulo i hope Craig knows the one i was on about

Fear he may not need to volunteer to leave if he doesn`t.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 3:14 AM

Romax:
    I knew posting that video was pushing the boundaries a bit, but since I found it so truthful and honest,

It most certainly was.

Romax:
    y opinion of the video was total admiration for a very strong woman that answered an awkward question in a no BS way ,  without hesitation or fear of breaking the "correctness" rules.

Yep...........Harsh but pointed in a non BS or PC way.  

In such a thread a bit of direct talk that most I ever speak with 100% agree on.  It's a sin but maybe not a cardinal sin?? Discuss :)...EDIT: Discuss fully somewhere else LOL

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 3:32 AM

Maybe we should take this back on track with the intent Rich had with his original thread.

Here was his original post...

Renniw52:

If you can. Let's really get to know who we are dealing with. This is Renniw52, I will be 61 in June. Happily married for 42 years, 3 kids, 7 grand kids, known as OLD SCHOOL. I travel the Eastern US as a tech rep for Industrial, Automotive and Marine coatings. I love to cook, deep sea fishing, and golfing with what friends that still can. I smoke camels, and drink beer like it will be gone tomorrow. I don't make a lot of money, and don't plan on taking it with me, or leave it to the ones I taught to make their own. I enjoy this crazy game, and my friends I have met on here. I drive an Impala, my 15th one. My first was a 1963-409 SS I bought my Senior year of high school. It was 3 years old, and I thought I was the $hit. Any thing else is just what it is.

NEXT

I'm Paul...

Originally from Philadelphia, PA, and now reside in Atlanta, GA.  I'm in Atlanta because I met my 2nd wife here.  She was widowed with 3 children, ages 10, 6, and 1, when I met her.  I didn't have the heart to pull them away from their family after their loss so I relocated.

I had 2 children at the time and we had one together to unite the family...born on the 4th of July she was...a little firecracker  She is the last child at home and graduates high school this year.  She's a genius (4.45GPA), plays the cello like Yo Yo Ma, sings like a canary and acts in all the school plays and musicals, and is headed to GA Tech to major in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering in the fall.  The others are also doing well in RL...

• son who runs his own business in 28 states.  He's getting married in March, attended FSU and played LAX there, and then attended St. Thomas Law School in Miami.
    • stepdaughter who was a professional ballerina before she graduated high school and who danced on The Fox Theatre stage as Maria in The Nutcracker countless times eventually moving up to Snow and the rest
    • stepson who graduated from UGA and is now attending GA Tech for his MBA as he hated his first 2 jobs
    • daughter in college and trying to figure out life
    • and a stepson training to be a firefighter after he figured college wasn't for him.

I'm a Project Manager and run data warehouse projects in the Healthcare arena and also instruct PMP Boot Camps all over the USA. I lost my brother and best friend last February to AML.  He was my WGT golfing buddy as he lived in Great Falls, VA.  We grew up caddying together and playing golf on the public courses of suburban Philly.  We caddied for some years at Merion and have been in 90% of the homes you see around the course on this game.  His home course became Congressional and that was his favorite course to play here.  We also played with The Wounded Warriors every year in a tournament sponsored by the Metro DC PMI Association.  I miss him and I'm not sure if I'll be playing in that tourney this year without him...last year was a hoot though playing with my son in his honor.

So my brother Andy found this game and I joined shortly thereafter,  I gave it up for about 18 months and my interest rekindled when Andy started to break 70.  We really cranked it up after he was diagnosed with his cancer as the game was therapeutic and helped to distract him from his pain.  I then became addicted and continue to try to play every day.  I still play RL golf with my son and some buds here in GA.  I'll soon be teeing it up regularly at The Belleair CC in Florida as my son is relocating to Tampa after he gets married.  If any of you are members of the club then I'm sure we'll have a few beers together as time goes by.  Andy's grandson attempted to keep him alive in this game but WGT suspended his account.  I think WGT should reconsider their policy on having other people play one's account for them as I miss seeing Andy's avi on here...Andy was proud of his "hat".  Keeping players "alive" is harmless if you ask me and good for the souls of those of us grieving the loss.  Andy wanted me to accomplish 2 things in this game; reach Champion and hit a 400 yard drive...the drive is eluding me and I don't know how to get that done...unless I have to hit a different ball....or maybe a cart path?  Any tips on best hole and best ball to use? 

I also play WGT because I hit the ball way better here than in the RL game. The game drives me nuts...BUT that's probably because I play the free Starter balls.  To me it makes the game play more to true life using the freebies.  If you play Alt-Shot with me you'll see that I can play those rocks fairly well...but still have wayward shots that occur.  IAlso, my first CC was The Georgian and I learned the game via Bob, Dennis and Stewart over there.  Stew now runs Championsgate.  The Georgian is a great CC and Sue runs a well oiled machine.  I love to poke fun at their Clash expertise (hence the cartoon I made up of the Clash machine in the clubhouse)...hey, don't even try to top them...that just makes them go for the gusto even heavier as demonstrated in the numbers they put up in the last Clash.  To know them is to love them.

I even had the pleasure of meeting Mags and JayW here in GA last year when Mags was in the US for the US Open.  They are two of the nicest guys I ever met...meaning if I had to...well... I'd take a bullet for them.  To have received a personal tutoring session from Mags was a fun time.  He's so good because he's a mathematical genius and knows golf because he too tees it up in RL.  Just an FYI...Mags is a ding putter and JayW is an off-ding putter and both have damn near 70% 1-Putt %s...how they do that is a thing of beauty.  We all remain good friends...they even met the Mrs. and my granddaughter as we took Mags on a mini tour of Atlanta.

The game is full of great peeps...WE SHOULD FOCUS ON THAT ASPECT IN THIS THREAD.

That's enough...hopefully we can rekindle Rich's original intent for this thread and let the past be the past.

Peace,

Paul

P.S. Join me and cheer for Ollie Schniederjans on the PGA Tour this year.  I coached him in basketball for 6 years a long, long time ago.  He was also a great baseball player but quit both games to focus on golf.  GREAT MOVE as he became the #1 ranked amateur and joins Phil and Tiger as the only other golfer to make the cut in the same year in both the US Open and The Open Championship as an amateur.  He's also a decent, well mannered, down-to-earth kid.  GO OLLIE!

NEXT

RSS