Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:02 AM (233 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 4:04 PM

Excuse my ignorance, however i don't peruse the forums like I once did, however I thought this threat was deleted?

As this one, like most threads get hijacked or veer off topic, I was sure the powers at be had deleted it.

If this is the case and has been revived, would it be possible to revive the original thread, and delete everything out of it that was not about a players biography?

Sure, time consuming but heck, I would do it if needed.

Then lock it and have it here for all players (past, current and future) to see the snapshot of the players during that time.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2017 8:02 AM

alanti:
    Then lock it and have it here for all players (past, current and future) to see the snapshot of the players during that time.

This has happened - dunno about cleansing - and the thread is there. Search =>

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Jul 4 2023 2:57 AM
    Sad to see the old post locked up. was really a fun thing to read. i'm guessing this is the new place to post, so I guess I will give an update. I guess my post in the original "Lets Be Honest" was more than 10 years ago. At the end, I will cut and paste what I had said on the original.
    Most won't know me because I am not a star player, or even a very active player the past decade. I have made a few nice online friends here, one of which I was very sad to hear has passed. Miss you YankeeJim!
    I started this crazy game many years ago. I was in my twenties, finished with school and into my career, single and a dog mama. I am now 41, married, two littles, a dog, a husband, and a career I enjoy. Life is wonderful, but it does not allow me much time to play on the computer. I guess that is why I play very sporadically. I hope this finds you all well.
    If you know me, say hello. I may not get to it right away, but I will get to it. Still trying to figure out how this non-flash WGT works, ha.
    At any rate, health and happiness everyone.
    the old post

"OK, I guess if I responded, that makes it my turn. I'm IvaThongon, but those who know me call me Jenn. I've been playing since 2010, and don't think I have gotten any better in the past 2 years, LOL! Oh well, I guess I am hooked like the rest of you! 

I'm kind of from all over the place I suppose. My father is Jamaican, my mother is Trinidadian, I was born in Canada so I am Canadian, and I am now a transplant working in the US. I'm 31 with no husband or kids. 

My first car was a 1998 Honda Civic that I basically drove all over the continent but it served me well for a whole bunch of years until I finished school and stopped being a "starving student". I upgraded to a large SUV with the help of my brother, and got myself a chocolate lab, Liberty, that gets WAYYYYYY too spoiled.

Growing up, I was always crazy about sports, and played every high school sport we had, and also played Ringette and Softball. Sports actually really provided me with a lot of opportunity I never would have had otherwise, and I am thankful everyday for that blessing. I still play Softball and have been playing Ice Hockey for about 3 years now (no one here even knows what Ringette is!).

Aside from my dabbling with WGT, I run everyday with my dog first thing in the morning. My life is good, but pretty routine. I work in the medical field, and between work, my dog, household stuff, softball/hockey, I don't seem to have a lot of me time. However, when I do, I can be found reading, playing on here, attending concerts or sporting events that interest me, and splurging on coffee that is way too expensive and fattening...

NEXT

Hi Rich!

I played for the first time since March last night. Life, in general, is the same, just it seems like it is getting more hectic instead of less hectic. I always figured that life would slow down once you "had it all figured out". I suppose I can throw that theory out the window. 

I am basically a creature of habit, and almost find a comfort in daily routine. The past year has seen my routine change quite a bit. I always spent quite a bit of time with work, and that has increased. I have taken on a larger roll at work, and some other areas have suffered as a result. I am rarely on the computer, for me, anymore. Hence, my WGT absence. I still have no husband, but I can now be seen sporting something sparkly on my my left hand. I am still playing some sports, although that as slowed down a bit. I'm still running daily with my dog, but the runs are getting shorter. She has lost the bit of "puppy" that was left in her in the last year. I have made some new friends that live in the same general area, who I have been enjoying really getting to know. It has been a while since I had that, so it is wonderful. My last trip to the Caribbean was to say goodbye to my grandmother :-(. 

Since my initial post, it has been a year or two of change, reflection, happiness, sadness, excitement, and love.

I truly hope you are all well!

Jenn"

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:02 AM

@Jenn;

Good post and very interesting read. Nice to meet you .:)

ct

RSS