Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:02 AM (233 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 4:09 AM

^^^

agreed .

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 5:49 AM

craigswan:

^^^

agreed .

Well?

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 12:47 PM

pmm711:

craigswan:

^^^

agreed .

Well?

Okay, I will be next:

37 year veteran of a Major Police Service in Canada.  Just retired in July.   I held several positions on the force including Watch Commander, Officer i/c of Commercial Crimes (Frauds and Scams), Officer i/c of Forensic Identification, Officer i/c of Alternative Measures and Court Services, NCO i/c Traffic. 

Three grown children, two grandchildren.   I am still working the odd job, doing some contract investigations (harassment complaint investigations). 

We just started doing some traveling.  That is what I am doing now.   I think this driving trip across USA will take us about a month.  Of course one month will only take us through a portion of the States.   We will have to do a lot more of these trips.   If you have been keeping tabs on my Trip Updates, you will know where I have been so far.

I have been playing WGT for several years now, and am no where near the best player yet.  lol. 

I have a pretty good Country Club on WGT.

Okay.... Who's Next?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 5:22 PM

^^^^^  Yo Henry...

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 9:43 PM

Henry certainly is in his world

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 10:58 PM

PhilEStein:

At least he posted Phil.  I'm relatively new on here, from a standpoint of being active, and I don't know the regulars.  I guess I have to go back through "the original honest" and read up.

Until the 19th Hole And Everything Else goes avant-garde I guess it's basically a done deal...toast.  Until then, here's a virtual beer at the 19th hole from me...

au revoir

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 12:40 AM

pmm711:
    I guess I have to go back through "the original honest" and read up.

LOL I have done that tonight....read the first 60 pages. 

So I raise a glass to Rich for the thread.....a great read. 

By memory, after about that stage, the decent posts became sporadic, with more and more nonsense being posted. It then became a weed out the shite and discover the gems.

For me, the thread was a snapshot, of the players who participated in the forums in possibly the golden age of the WGT forums. The sad truth is many of those posters do not play the game now, for probably a multitude of reasons.

The game has moved on, the players have and so has the thread......no longer stickied (and boy that took way too long as well)....so will now just sink deeper into the history of "And Everything Else".

So thanks Rich, for having the foresight to take that photo.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 12:58 AM

pmm711:

PhilEStein:

At least he posted Phil.  I'm relatively new on here, from a standpoint of being active, and I don't know the regulars.  I guess I have to go back through "the original honest" and read up.

Until the 19th Hole And Everything Else goes avant-garde I guess it's basically a done deal...toast.  Until then, here's a virtual beer at the 19th hole from me...

au revoir

I think Phil was trying to say that congratulating Henry for posting about himself, is like congratulating a frog for catching a fly...it's what they do. There could be a thread about riots in the streets, and Henry's contribution would be what he had for breakfast...lol

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 5:50 AM

alanti:

pmm711:
    I guess I have to go back through "the original honest" and read up.

LOL I have done that tonight....read the first 60 pages. 

So I raise a glass to Rich for the thread.....a great read. 

By memory, after about that stage, the decent posts became sporadic, with more and more nonsense being posted. It then became a weed out the shite and discover the gems.

For me, the thread was a snapshot, of the players who participated in the forums in possibly the golden age of the WGT forums. The sad truth is many of those posters do not play the game now, for probably a multitude of reasons.

The game has moved on, the players have and so has the thread

"The Golden Age of the WGT Forums" was during my 18 month hiatus from the game.  As I'm reading through "the original" I'm wishing I had stuck it out.  Good stuff in there from good peeps.

RSS