Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:02 AM (233 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 6:42 AM

I have chosen to be very careful in the future. If and when I post a comment it will be on track. I am still renniw52, an old squirrel standing in the sands of time. I was turning 61 on the original post. About to qualify for medi-care on this one. Still married to my high school sweetheart (47 years). Our 8th grand child (Sklar Brooke) will be here this coming Tuesday. I still drive my old 2007 Impala with almost 200k on it. The last 2 years have been rough physically and financially on us both. Making ends meet somehow.

We have lost way too many of the Honest ones from the original post. For the newer members who never had the pleasure of playing with these folks, they were a priceless treasure. We managed most of the time to confine our comments during AS games, we didn't post them on the forum for the world to see. We used to have some marathons and there was no filter on the chats. I felt I could walk up to these people on the street and if they spoke a word I would know who they were. 

There are still some of us left but the ranks are shrinking. One of the best is known for his aromatic candles, one says he is reformed, another one has his own astronaut suit, one thinks he is a can of soup, one thinks he was Groucho Marx in his early life. The list goes on. These people kept it honest, on track and they are my friends. 

May this post stay grounded in Memory of the ones we have lost.

Rich

• pmm711
    5,521 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 7:17 AM

renniw52:
    We have lost way too many of the Honest ones from the original post.  For the newer members who never had the pleasure of playing with these folks, they were a priceless treasure.

Their stories are very fun reads...definitely some interesting folks...priceless treasures indeed.

renniw52:
    There are still some of us left but the ranks are shrinking...These people kept it honest, on track and they are my friends.  May this post stay grounded in Memory of the ones we have lost.

Shrinking for sure...and their personas will live within us for a long time to come. 

I hope we get some newbies to share a bit about themselves on here.  The old original Honest thread has some gems in there from classic WGT members.  I'm still reading...well worth the read too.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 9:47 AM

It would be nice for the newer players to know a little about the old timers that are still a part of this. They didn't make the game, but sure made it what it was. Look up Strange Magics submarine, his planes with the haggis bombs, and his dance trying to win over Lizzie. This is what the forums used to be. I still laugh and cry at some of these things. PRICELESS

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 10:32 AM

HenryKawa:

pmm711:

craigswan:

^^^

agreed .

Well?

Okay, I will be next:

37 year veteran of a Major Police Service in Canada.  Just retired in July.   I held several positions on the force including Watch Commander, Officer i/c of Commercial Crimes (Frauds and Scams), Officer i/c of Forensic Identification, Officer i/c of Alternative Measures and Court Services, NCO i/c Traffic. 

Three grown children, two grandchildren.   I am still working the odd job, doing some contract investigations (harassment complaint investigations). 

We just started doing some traveling.  That is what I am doing now.   I think this driving trip across USA will take us about a month.  Of course one month will only take us through a portion of the States.   We will have to do a lot more of these trips.   If you have been keeping tabs on my Trip Updates, you will know where I have been so far.

I have been playing WGT for several years now, and am no where near the best player yet.  lol. 

I have a pretty good Country Club on WGT.

Okay.... Who's Next?

Henry,  I live in Phoenix...hell...I'll meet you and we can share a $5Bucks together...what part of the Valley are you staying in...(as it's about 65-70 miles from one side to the other)

Duc

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 2:52 PM

Guess that would be me,  I don't feel my age, but have been through alot in the years that I have been given here on earth. At the early age of 17, hated my home life and family, so in my infinite wisdom ( cuz at that age we know it all, right) I left school to join the army, most of us were being drafted anyways, I was told that I could get a collage education,right?  Well I did get an education, 2 years worth, from the University of the Republic of South Vietnam.  Even got to graduate early due to a very bad medical condition, lead poisoning.  Someone didn't listen to the rules that medics aren't targets. After returning home took up golf and went to work, construction, masonary, .when construction boom crashed got into medical field and firefighting. I live in a rural area outside of chicago,I'll.  Last Aug. Someone introduced me to this game, and now we have 4 others playing from the station.  I've come a long way in a short time thanks to alot of practice, and help tips from alot of you.(which if I didn't thank you then, my apologies, and I'll thank you now.) Just a side note, I've read about those really bad people who forfeit, might want to not be too hard on them, as I may be considered one, I play alot on duty in our down time, but if the alarm goes off, duty calls and I cannot finish, if that happens, I'm again sorry for that. Looking forward to playing against you, I've made alot of friends and hope to make more. Have a great one, and hit them straight. 

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2017 3:22 PM

Good for you ducati .

Hope you enjoy your beer .

• pmm711
    5,521 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 2:45 AM

pdb1:

Damn I missed that . I suppose your gone now Henry . I wouldn't miss the chance to blow  each other away  in a chance meeting . But just in case . Let me know . 
      How cool would that be ? 

Shows you the power of just one word. :-)

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 9:47 AM

craigswan:

Good for you ducati .

Hope you enjoy your beer .

Apparently, Henry went into radio silence. I was actually looking forwards to meeting one of Canuckistan's most illustrious forum contributors.

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 11:14 AM

Shame .

He was probably washing his hair .

RSS