Forums

Help › Forums

Windows 10

Fri, Dec 9 2022 10:11 AM (50 replies)
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 4:19 PM

Berryblue:

bought a new laptop a few months ago, came with a dedicated video card with 4 gig memory, i5 duo core processor 6th gen. nothing exceptionally great. windows 10. I use the edge browser and have never had a smoother meter. I think though, it's due to the dedicated video card memory more than the browser. only thing I don't like about edge is no space bar in text

I bought a new desktop  , high end thing for games, the vcard seems overkill for this game , I have huge meter issues, I did not have that with my old laptop , where I used the intel card not the ndvidia one. The new pc only has gforce , and it is not smooth.

Chrome seems to work best for me when not in full window. 

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:09 AM

Ty Scott,

I found a discussion on Google about my mouse troubles. One of the suggestions was the same as yours, but I dont have the touchpad function on my setting.

Tried everything they said, also a new corded mouse and Im still getting the lag, although its much better. 

Ty everyone for your help so far.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:18 AM

If you have been in settings mate, as Scott says, you may and i say may have touchscreen option.

I have touchpad and mouse.

You may just have mouse, but lots of various others

here

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 4:17 AM

siggipj76:

Berryblue:

bought a new laptop a few months ago, came with a dedicated video card with 4 gig memory, i5 duo core processor 6th gen. nothing exceptionally great. windows 10. I use the edge browser and have never had a smoother meter. I think though, it's due to the dedicated video card memory more than the browser. only thing I don't like about edge is no space bar in text

I bought a new desktop  , high end thing for games, the vcard seems overkill for this game , I have huge meter issues, I did not have that with my old laptop , where I used the intel card not the ndvidia one. The new pc only has gforce , and it is not smooth.

Chrome seems to work best for me when not in full window. 

Get rid of all the extra unneeded programs running in the background. You would be surprised at how much what I call bloat ware is running on your new lap top. Extra programs and services that are not needed at all. The last new PC I bought that wasn't custom built had 30 programs and services that were not needed running in the background. That uses a lot of resources that could be used to make the game run smoother. I

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 7:09 AM

As per ^^^^

I use Baidu faster and im often using the "recommended to optimise" option to clear memory usage, but how with Windows 10 do i get rid of this unneeded gunk ?

Sometimes it sounds like my machines preparing for take off, good meter normally but im sure theres a tonne of stuff i dont need.

Problem is Windows 10 wont give me option to get rid of some of the apps.

Bubbs

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 7:17 AM

Have a look at this Boobsy.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 7:49 AM

Cheers Mr Greenock........seems as though they dont take up much space anyway, but will def uninstall some of the boolox anyway.

• scooterp76
    57 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 8:27 PM

i am a computer idiot and just downloaded windows 10. it takes about 20 minutes from launch until I can play a game and that is trying to go straight to play. anyone know anything I can try to make it go back to normal cause it takes so long that I have even just turned it back off at times cause I didn't want to wait that long lol.

I really appreciate any help I can get thanks

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 9:14 PM

Ouch, 20 minutes.  It appears that your current hardware can't handle windows 10;

Suggest you revert back to previous operating system.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:55 PM

This solution may or may not apply to those having problems here, but it has help me tremendously, and may help someone else. Most times when my meter jumped I could hear the hard drive running. Over time you begin to be extremely sensitive (overly so I am sure) to this. (I read this elsewhere on here and it helped) pausing at the top of the swing for a 2 count helped but not 100%. 

I have been having meter problem not solely but mostly when running Bandicam. Occasionally when it was not running the meter was good. Changing the bandicam save to directory to a drive other than the primary physical drive did not help. Then it occurred to me that windows puts data into temp folders on the default drive before writing it to any other drive. This article is about windows 7 but it worked on my windows 8 machine and I am sure a similar solution can be found for 10.

I have moved ALL temp files / folders (windows, IE, Chrome etc.) to another drive and the meter has been great all the time with or without bandicam running !!!

Change location of TEMP files folder to another drive

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818?auth=1

3.4ghz cpu

32gig ram

nvidia GTX950 w6gig

and I believe is the main culprit (10k rpm WD VelociRaptor)

RSS