Help › Forums

Windows 10

Fri, Dec 9 2022 10:11 AM (50 replies)
  • adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 11:27 AM

bubbsboy:

Phred if you wouldn`t mind please

I have Windows 10 and Maxthon...how do you set up to clear history on exit ?

Bubbs

EDIT, no need i have found it in setting.

top right corner a drop down box its in there bubba

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 12:42 PM

Cheers mate . Found it and sorted.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2016 4:50 PM

Glad you found it M8.

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 5:04 AM

Hi guys.

Bubbsboy advised me to post here, hopefully someone can help.

I had some comp issues awhile back and had to replace some parts. Seemed an ideal time to upload Windows 10.

I got the computer back a few days back and ever since Ive been having a WGT problem. The meter is as smooth as I couldve hoped, maybe even smoother than before (I had XP), but there is a lag when trying to ding. Ive developed a natural fade it seems. I have to click the mouse well in advance to get it anywhere near the ding.

Has anybody encountered something similiar? Please help.Ty in advance.

What Ive done so far:

1. Updated all drives and Windows

2. Tried Maxthon 3 then Opera, then Chrome. all with the same result.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 5:48 AM

Sounds like the problem some people get using a wireless mouse. Try new batteries or get a corded mouse.

If it's not that, I don't know but I'm sure someone will post some further advice for you, good luck with it.

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 8:00 AM

Ty Paul,

Will let you know if it works.

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 9:45 AM

Tried a different mouse. Also Tried Microsoft Edge. No joy.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 1:38 PM

Nico, I know that Win 10 is able to detect touchscreen inputs for those that have the hardware to make use of that feature, but is it possible for it to be turned off or disabled in anyway, maybe through the control panel, or possibly even ask the lovely Cortana.  : )

I'm thinking that if the computer is scanning for inputs from all the available input devices, screen, keyboard, mouse etc, that it might take a few milliseconds more to pick up an input from a mouse click because it's scanning for a screen input too. Not really sure about the possibilities of this being the case but I thought I'd throw it out there.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 1:58 PM

Cheers for that Scott.

Settings.....devices....mouse and touchpad  Nico

I dont have mouse just pad.

Have a nosey around mate, including.....additional mouse options button.

• Berryblue
    53 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 2:05 PM

bought a new laptop a few months ago, came with a dedicated video card with 4 gig memory, i5 duo core processor 6th gen. nothing exceptionally great. windows 10. I use the edge browser and have never had a smoother meter. I think though, it's due to the dedicated video card memory more than the browser. only thing I don't like about edge is no space bar in text

RSS