Forums

Help › Forums

V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 7:19 PM

pdb1:
    Just like some of the other people you bash who are just having informational interaction .

I'm not saying you're wrong about that, considering I know I can get that way, but I'd love to see a post of mine in the past few months that fits your accusation. As I said, it's possible, but it's out of character for me to trash anyone who is providing helpful information on the game.

And if you ever find a post like you're speaking of, I bet it goes further back than just the one post between myself and whomever.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 7:42 PM

We need more input from Over to solve the VEM mystery     LMAO.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 7:47 PM

pdb1:
    This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements you have made yet .

This is exactly what I'm saying. If you look back several pages you will see I have thanked those experienced players for their input. I was referring to you and only you on that comment.

It's also what I meant about picking one line out of a post and attacking it. If you are that familiar with my postings here, you wouldn't say what you did. To answer your last question, I have given input to lower tiered players, in cases I know I can be helpful. But, again, you must be mistaking me for someone else, because I have never, to my recollection, posted a quote from a more experienced player, to act as input.

I have referenced people who have helped me along the way, but why would I waste my time quoting a good piece of advice from a long time layer? It's already been said, and I prefer to give out only the knowledge I have gained through help and my own experience.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 7:55 PM

pdb1:
    Look Shady . Maybe you are not as crude as over . I don't know how you respond to other people .

Now this gets us to the heart of the matter. I think you would admit that it takes some time getting to know who is who on these forums, and I'm sure I've gone off on you before, though I can't say what about or exactly when.

And I damn sure don't recall how any of our talks/arguments may have begun. Again, though I know they have happened. I'm normally not the type to attack a person if they are just trying to help, unless I do what I said we all have done, and take it out of context.

So, I apologize to you directly for any replies I've made to you where all you were doing was trying to help, and I took it wrong. 

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 8:21 PM

lonniescott711:

The whole thing is funny actually . I have sat back and watched the trolls put their best effort into taking this thread off of its course . About 2 years ago now is when WGT admitted to the VEM / deviation and how it is used . As I stated earlier , if you would use the search box to the right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and type in VEM , players would pull every thread on this subject .Its just that simple , no rocket science needed.

So dont let the troll disclaimers get any of you bent out of shape . Also if you want to learn how it affects your game , go play practice rounds and use the mulligan feature. Also use the starter ball so as not to waste a good ball . You have to not only learn how to play the game , but also how the game plays. There is more to it than just hitting the ding and the deviations are more than just shots going long or short .

So for those of you who have advanced quickly up the tiers , its time to retrace your steps and relearn the game . You will find out just how much you have not only missed , but are also still missing when it comes to this game . Good luck to those who will listen and are willing to learn . You will find a better game down the road because you will have a better understanding of how it all works . Hope this helps . :-)

For the record , I posted this almost a week ago now . You can read the original post on page 23 . Some took offense to what I said even though it wasnt directed to them . But it seems that i was right all along . And also for the record which I also stated earlier in another post . 

VEM stands for Virtual Equipment Module .. Deviation is what it does .Some people think that its 2 different programs but it is only 1 . Vem controls the deviation and all variables of the game .Once you learn how the game plays , then you will know truly when the fault is you or the game .

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 8:23 PM

Okay, I'm shutting up after this but I feel it needs to be mentioned. I'm not one of those guys who go scanning each detail of a players stats, but I just had to have a look at yours, PDB.

You've played 2 years longer than I have, to start. Yet, you're still at L just like me, your average is a couple points better, but I've got you smoked in almost every other category

Ranked rounds. You- 2,343 Me-862

Par 3 avg. You-3.21  Me-3.14. Par 4 avg. You-4.10  Me-4.04 Par 5. You-4.76 Me-4.64

HOI's. You-4 Me-3 Double Eagles. You- 0 Me-1

Putts per hole You-1.72 Me-1.79 Eagles. You- 78 Me-110

Driving Accuracy. You- 77.67 Me-77.97  GIR- You-68.64 Me- 77.07

I'll stop there as I see those as the most significant stats, IMO. I promise not to get upset if you decide to dig up some stats that show you know more about this game than I do.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 8:26 PM

Lonnie, I did read that post and I agree fully with your take on VEM. As I've said, I think I just haven't put it as well as others have, and have probably even contradicted myself somewhere in my attempts to explain what I think of it.

RSS