Forums

Help › Forums

V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 9:12 PM

ShadyShank:
    I'll stop there as I see those as the most significant stats, IMO. I promise not to get upset if you decide to dig up some stats that show you know more about this game than I do.

hmmmm i think this answers that

ShadyShank:
    You- 2,343 Me-862

(my stats just so ya dont have to look lol)

ranked rounds 2441

par 3 avg 2.89

par4 avg 3.74

par5 avg 4.35

HIO's 7 

DE 0

putts per hole 1.56

eagles 273

driving acc 89.13%

GIR 83.89%

yet none of the folks complaining about vem in this thread have showed(video proof ) nor answered my question so here it is again 

spdemon:

And with club precision( meaning circles involved) and not being a hit the ding and it go exactly where you hit who really knows if it's vem or not.......nobody

Not to mention avg club distances as well not exact ones

so how do ya know its  vem when you consider how club precision and avg club distances work ?????
    oh i guess ya didn't think about that have a nice day
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 9:43 PM

spdemon:
    so how do ya know its  vem when you consider how club precision and avg club distances work ?????

Seems like I'm included in the group you mention, so all I can say is what I've said at least 8 times now. I believe this VEM program affects putting almost solely. As for knowing what my clubs can, or will do, in certain situations, that's a learning process for me every time I get a new set of irons.

After unlocking the TM R 11's, I will say they have been the most difficult for me to map covering the array of shots we make at any given time. I've never blamed the V word for an errant approach, chip, flop, or drive. I have posted, as I think many have, on an approach shot on 18 at Cong, but never said it was VEM that caused the bad shot, just that it didn't make sense to me.

I sincerely do not know why I continue to be included with those blaming VEM on almost anything, and I wish those who do include me would have a look at my posting history on it. If you find something 'incriminating', please treat it as a post possibly made a while before I understood the game in the way I do now. Which, once again, I do not consider to be a game that doesn't have plenty of room for improvment. And post what you have as the beginning of a discussion rather than an accusation or form of proof I'm completely FOS. 

Thanks,

ShadyShank

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 9:47 PM

spdemon:

Spd, I agree & respectfully disagree. In fact, I have to agree because I made the very same point recently. However, you could also say that with 2 more years at the game, he should have me beat in par 3-5 avg. easily. It's the only reason he has me in putts per hole avg.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 10:11 PM

ShadyShank:

spdemon:

Spd, I agree & respectfully disagree. In fact, I have to agree because I made the very same point recently. However, you could also say that with 2 more years at the game, he should have me beat in par 3-5 avg. easily. It's the only reason he has me in putts per hole avg.

Ok i can agree and disagree here as well bro but with almost 3 times the rounds it's hard to compare stats cause the more rounds ya put in the harder it is to keep them good take the scrambling and sand saves for example i never get in the bunkers anymore much so hard to get that stat up unless i want to and if i miss a green i can get a par pretty easy

I think most folks that cry vem don't understand that clubs have a avg distance not a perfect one and a precision circle means a ding may land within a certain distance on a ding not the same every single time 

But i do have to say putts r acting so stupid as of late or the dots r lying thier azz off lol

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 10:48 PM

spdemon:
    But i do have to say putts r acting so stupid as of late or the dots r lying thier azz off lol

And I'm so glad you said that, because I've wanted to, but haven't because I only get discounted as not knowing a damn thing. I've had more lip-outs the past few weeks, some definitely my fault, but too many to think for a second they have all been on me. Especially when you have the perfect speed for the break and end up 1/2 inch, though it says 2 inches, away from the cup.

I guess, bottom line, to all those who think I have no idea what I'm talking about, once again, put your damn credits up. Then say whatever the hell you want to. I made that challenge first, 3 weeks ago, as of today no one has taken me up on it. What does that say? I call it talking smack yet being too damn scared to back it up.

I'm ready when they are, and they know who they are.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 11:00 PM

spdemon:
    but with almost 3 times the rounds it's hard to compare stats cause the more rounds ya put in the harder it is to keep them good

I would agree with this assertion, except for the fact that all of my average per holes have done nothing but ever get better. I know what you mean, as it makes sense in however many cases, I just haven't experienced it yet. Not being arrogant, just speaking the truth. Yes, I've had those averages move slightly up after moving up a tier, but never long enough that they don't continue their downwards movement.  

Like I said, in whatever thread, your putts per hole, the way the game is set up, will take a long time to get to a number considered decent here. But, ain't much you can do about it. I've gone from 1.86 to 1.79 over 1-2 months, but to get to 1.5 I'm gonna need a year or 2.

My friend, PDB, has had those 2 years. I've had 8 months.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 11:18 PM

ShadyShank:
    I would agree with this assertion, except for the fact that all of my average per holes have done nothing but ever get better.

as you will see after the rounds pile on the stats will not move much at all 900 rounds avg is a lot easier to move than 2300 avg

Im trying to get my GIR and FW % up but even getting 100% on both does nothing lol

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 3:09 AM

ShadyShank:

spdemon:

And I'm so glad you said that, because I've wanted to, but haven't because I only get discounted as not knowing a damn thing. I've had more lip-outs the past few weeks, some definitely my fault, but too many to think for a second they have all been on me. Especially when you have the perfect speed for the break and end up 1/2 inch, though it says 2 inches, away from the cup.

I guess, bottom line, to all those who think I have no idea what I'm talking about, once again, put your damn credits up. Then say whatever the hell you want to. I made that challenge first, 3 weeks ago, as of today no one has taken me up on it. What does that say? I call it talking smack yet being too damn scared to back it up.

I'm ready when they are, and they know who they are.

Why is it most of the top scorers seem to be able to shoot sub 30's consistently?  I'd say it's because the putting is fairly consistent inside 10-15 ft.  I'm still learning and have been starting to make many more of those putts on a consistent basis.  Sometimes the putting grid is not at the right angle or in the right location to get a correct read.

Take Merion #12 for example.  On champ greens there I've 3 putted from 3 ft probably half a dozen times trying to make birdie from above the hole(front pin) and then miss a 2! foot putt coming back for par.  That hole is an absolute nightmare on champ greens as in a certain spot it just breaks a cup in 2 feet.  I haven't done it in probably a week or two now so I may be figuring that out.  Sure I say WTF when I miss a 2 footer, but I can see the break when I move the chip view around that may not show in the regular putting view.  You need to think about doing that if you aren't already.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 6:02 AM

PBaldwin:
    You need to think about doing that if you aren't already.

Appreciate the advice, and know just what you're saying. However, I'm more of one of those, 'feel/formulate in your head type players, if that makes sense? And I know exactly what putt you described. This is the type of area, I believe, the topic at hand comes into play most often. Learning the new greens as you move to TM & L, from my experience, seems to be an exaggerated curve for a month or so.

IOW's, I feel I hit a good putt, more often than not, but the bends and breaks of greens are even more enhanced until you play a certain amount of time. Obviously, that is purely opinion and even speculation, but it's what it feels like to me. Hope that made sense.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 6:05 AM

spdemon:
    as you will see after the rounds pile on the stats will not move much at all 900 rounds avg is a lot easier to move than 2300 avg

And I can't argue with real math. Just think I'm on a faster learning curve, based on our stats, but I couldn't formulate a proof with a 9mm aimed at my balls. lol

RSS