Help › Forums

V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 3:21 PM

overtheedge:

mkrizan86:
    As for VEM, I fully agree with Dedbunny's post you quoted at the top of this page. Basically, when you show an increase of skill, VEM shrinks the sweet spot on your clubs, making them less forgiving. Same applies the other way, when you no longer show an increase of your skill level or even start showing a decrease, the sweet spot enlarges again. Although if all this is actually true, I'm not sure what beef you have with VEM, it should be helping you by now ;-)

Right on brother,,,tx for staying on topic and YES, some of the feedback in this topic has been very informative. 

It seems someone didn't get your hidden "slam" there MK.. Lmao. I did get it and it made me laugh. As far as VEM goes...I quit giving a chit about it long ago. Just play the game and have fun. Who gives a rats azz if you miss a putt that shoulda been in ? The game to me is fun with friends who have equal WTF shots and can all laugh at each other. If VEM is responsible for some of these laughable shots.......bring it ! 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 4:00 PM

I've got bad news for you guys....

I play on a 10 yr old Dell w/ a 3.1ghz P4 processor 3.5 gigs of ram running XP...(XP doesn't recognize more than 3.5 gbs of ram)

when I use "full screen" all but 1 of my pc's get a little jumpy so I bring up the game page and use my cursor and those little arrows to expand it to a "full screen" on a 23" monitor, that's what I am used to and can see better....problem is the meter is smooth, but speeds up through the hitting zone, but is easy putting...

I also have a HP w/ a "quad core" processor running win7,,,the meter is slow and steady like a meter should be with a 3.5 speed nike ball...I would prefer to use this pc but I cannot get the screen to fit the monitor regardless of the resolution I use, the game page is much smaller with a wide solid black margin down both sides or too big for the monitor and can't see the meter lol, and putting is different....

long story short, I have 5 desktops at home(1 a gaming pc), plus a desktop at my office, and I have 2 older laptops and 3 new laptops...

all have plenty of ram, all a lot faster than required, all on the same internet connection, all have firefox, all optimized for play(cleaned out/updated/unnecessary programs shut down, all with the same wired gaming mouse, the only difference being XP/Win7/Win8 operating systems...and every single one of them(11) play differently in some way or the other!!!!!! Yes, I have played enough rounds on all of them to know...

The new win8 Toshiba laptop is a joke to play on...

The laptops w/ win7 are better but not as good as the laptops w/ XP, but you have to keep the game window smaller or ALL of them get jumpy at times...

all the desktops are better than laptops but still different in some way...

If you enter the monthly tour(big) tournaments or RG's VEM is a factor...

If you play unlimiteds, CC tournys, or stroke play rounds, you may see the occasional shot go further or shorter than it should in the wind setting on that hole, or get punished if you miss late with a crosswind, but VEM isn't your problem your equipment or style of play is!

The ONLY time I see putts consistently come up short mysteriously is in the majors, other than that I see a shot here and there that I can't figure out what I did wrong, I don't play RG's so I don't know....sometimes the putting is off/different, but is easy to see the adjustment you need to make...sorry!!! As your clubs get better those VEM excuses don't cut it anymore overtheedge!!!!

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 4:47 PM

Romax:
    It seems someone didn't get your hidden "slam" there MK.. Lmao. I did get it and it made me laugh.

LMAO!!!! U R kidding me right? Wait!,,,Form across the bridge,,ahhhh maybe not. Another one not READING the entire thread but again you could give a "chit" or "rats azz"and if that truly is the case WHY THE F*-K reply,,,lol. What does this make you,,,,come on,,,,,tell me,,,, you can say it,,,,come on,,,,,LOL!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:05 PM

iaa R ( R ) V ft

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:07 PM

I was merely pointing out that you are too fkn dense to realize that mk was saying your game sucks is all, and that VEM is not always at fault. I read the whole thread btw. It was somewhat ridiculous from page 1 and on, but I sure did get some laughs out of it. Learn the freakin' game and quit blaming your lack of knowledge on everything but you !

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:22 PM

I tried playing on my 15.6" laptop and can't stand it.  Not only is the screen TINY, but it's a single screen.  I normally play on my 3 screen desktop, all 24" 120hz(not that it matters in flash) gaming computer I built.  Everything else just feels like a toy.

Of course I play in 1 screen with the game(not maximized as it's broken and the other 2 screens end up white), 1 screen where I calculate shots, and some other crap in my other screen.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:37 PM

PBaldwin:

I normally play on my 3 screen desktop, all 24" 120hz(not that it matters in flash) gaming computer I built.  Everything else just feels like a toy.

Of course I play in 1 screen with the game(not maximized as it's broken and the other 2 screens end up white), 1 screen where I calculate shots, and some other crap in my other screen.

Nice setup! Did you build the pc yourself?

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:38 PM

overtheedge:
    What does this make you,,,,

Man, you are WAY to easy a target self made. To answer your question>>>>>>

Whether Romax read the entire thread is not pertinent. "what does this make you"?

ENTERTAINED !! as you do nothing to add to your own beginings, you now have stooped BELOW your own level. You are entertaning, I'll give you that.

VEM is like a UFO. It is a made up legend to keep people with dilusional tendencies busy chasing their own fantasies in hopes of garnishing support to prove the believer is not a whacko. Thus having other whackos fulfill the loony nature of the original demented individual that can't grasp reallity.

It has been pointed out ad infinitum there are to many variables built into the game to actually prove VEM exists at all.

Take you to your leader........Insert UFO noises of choice >>>>>>>>> HERE..

RSS