Help › Forums

Meter problem is getting worse

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:13 PM (73 replies)
  • BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:05 PM

GregSK:
    I agree with bigrayyy. It is not only the swing meter that shoutters, jumps or what ever you want to call it but the rest of the action before and after the swing. It is now occuring in all 18 holes played.

I've noticed this as well. Just plain choppy graphics across the board. I'd prefer it to be nice and smooth through the swing and such but I can live with it. It's annoying but it doesn't seem to effect my play.

The meter on the other hand. Well, it's inexcusable really. It's just not possible to enjoy playing when you have little or no control over your shots.

Period.

GregSK:
    love the game and the formats and let's not forget it is free but free or not you have to be able to enjoy it.

It's free to the point you move up in tiers and have to buy new clubs just to hit the fairway.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against buying equipment and such to help support a game I enjoy. This isn't the only free online game I throw money at to enhance my experience.

And, it won't be the last free online game I've thrown money at and walked away from because of poor management on the part of the development team that rendered that particular platform unplayable and/or impossible for me to enjoy.

• RHawkman
    21 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:03 PM

Amazing.  I did nothing to my computer at all.  It has been running all night and all day today without a reboot or closing any windows, but now the swing meter is going smoothly.  I hope this lasts despite not hearing any word that a fix was done.

• frispounette
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:06 PM

Wow, after your exciting post RHawkman I could not resist and gave it a shot at Blackpage

Results:

Hole #1: Birdie

Hole #2: problem is back again, the meeter speeded up out of control and ended activating my drive at the extreme right portion of the scale...

I did quit. Done for now :(

WGT software support please help us!... 

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:39 PM

RHawkman:

Amazing.  I did nothing to my computer at all.  It has been running all night and all day today without a reboot or closing any windows, but now the swing meter is going smoothly.  I hope this lasts despite not hearing any word that a fix was done.

Ooh, really? I wasted my night watching movies damnit...lol

The only thing I noticed is the stutter is less pronounced using balls with a higher "FEEL" that slow down the meter a bit (*I just found out about that today...noob that I am) . It was still there though.

I'll have to get a couple of rounds in tomorrow and see if there's a difference.

As for word on a meter fix - I've searched the forums and asked some of the players that have been around for a while and nobody has been able to point me to any announcements at all so who knows?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:32 PM

Hi Guys,

Played 18 holes at B B last night. The graphics overall were quite good, just the occasional choppy ball in flight - nothing to get to upset or worried about.

The swing meter was OK also. Mind you - I did notice one or two stutters, but because I let the swing meter swing through numerous times before I hit, they have no effect.

For me thats about the 7th round in a row now where the swing meter stutter has had minimal or no effect on my round. I  must say I dont generally have too much trouble at all, but I do get caught every now and then. Overall though I havent seen any changes in the swing meter performance over the past month or two - BUT - you must let the swing meter swing through a few times before you hit - it does minimise your chances of being caught by the stutter.

Hey - Thats just my experience with the meter over the past few months

Cheers

Doug

• Clubface
    4 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 12:40 PM

I also have found the inconsistent, choppy characteristics of the swing meter to be a teeth gnashing experience. But I also ask myself the question "Why are the names on the top of the tournament leader-board consistently the same?" They must also be dealing with the same erratic swing meter....... SO WHATS THE DEAL?????   ANYONE?      

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:07 PM

Well, I played a couple of rounds today and I see no difference. I've tried all kinds of suggestions from other threads and my own extreme measures but to no avail.

From everything I've read here, the meter has been doing this since anyone can remember.

I know some cope with whatever amount of stutter they experience but the fact remains that it's there and it's a widespread problem.

We shouldn't just accept it. I can play with it as it is but why should I have to? Why should any of us have to? It's fundamental to game play and enjoyment.

I haven't been able to find any information regarding WGT' acknowledging a problem with it other than saying it's on the client side. That's a little hard to swallow considering it's something almost every player experiences to some degree or another.

As of right now, nothing will sway me from my opinion that there is a flaw in the coding.

Best case scenario - WGT admits there is a problem and they're working on it followed later in the process with a "EUREKA! WE FIXED IT!"

Worst case scenario - WGT never admits there is a problem and we continue to accept it ~or~ we let our virtual feet (and not-so-virtual wallets) voice our discontent.

• dcassman
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:17 PM

The only words left tosay are ones I wont print but what the @#$$$% get off you $%%and do something %^$%^$&'s. Tired of your lazy $#%'s doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:54 AM

This problem really is getting worse, particularly with the putting meter. Twice in the same round today I have seen the meter continue after I have clicked then stop just short of the end of the bar. This has resulted in both putts hopelessly moving right of the hole from a distance of 3 and 4 feet. C'mon guys this game is difficult enough in heavy winds without having the meter cost us shots unnecessarily.

I'm going to keep a diary of such issues on my blog. It will be interesting to see just how many strokes/balls are lost over a 1 month period.

• dcassman
    19 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:29 AM

Hey WGT I'm going to continue to tell you how incompetant you are at your jobs! Is this how you run your household? Probably not,and if so take care of the ones here who have to deal with your crap. Ive lost atleast 2 sleeve of balls because of your failures as programers. I'm a programer myself for NCR, so your not just dealing with Joe Blow but a player that knows there is a fix but you just keep proving to us that you either dont care,or your not smart enough and I'm thinking its the later! So you just keep sitting back while we as players have to put up with YOUR crap.

RSS