Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 7:32 PM

If you are playing a game and it suddenly stops working and crashes or takes you to the main menu, we want to know.

Please post a screen shot of the issue here and let us know the following.

1) right click and submit the issue to WGT

2) single player or multi-player (if multi-player what format eg: skins, match etc..)

3) go here , click check flash and then copy and paste your specs here.  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

thanks for your help

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:47 PM
    Can you try again with number 3? Also can you make your links clickable. Thank you.
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 9:47 AM

We all appreciate that wgt is trying to get to the root of the many glitches that have recently cropped up, but why can't you guys log in and try to play a round or two of mp or alt and see for yourselves?

Seems rather odd that your engineers/programmers can't troubleshoot their own system.

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 10:14 AM

mkg335:

We all appreciate that wgt is trying to get to the root of the many glitches that have recently cropped up, but why can't you guys log in and try to play a round or two of mp or alt and see for yourselves?

Seems rather odd that your engineers/programmers can't troubleshoot their own system.

With so many different PC systems around there is no way for them to trouble shoot everything.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 10:45 AM

borntobesting:

With so many different PC systems around there is no way for them to trouble shoot everything.

They don't have to troubleshoot everything.  Are you telling me they couldn't log in remotely, say from their own homes or anywhere with free wireless and experience what a good many players are experiencing?

The glitches are mounting up, and no disrespect intended, but the engineers/programmers seem to be at a loss as to how to fix them.

In addition, the troubles are occurring across several different browsers, so it's not our individual computers, it's probably something to do with wgt servers and/or programming.

I'm sure wgt appreciates that you constantly come to their defense, but the cheerleading grows tiresome after a while.

edit:  I realize that sounds a bit harsh.  In the wake of that criticism I must give you props for all the help you've provided to new players over the years.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 1:47 PM

When I first started playing WGT in January, I had totally smooth rounds for over 4 months.  Then I started experiencing page freezes and load problems for no apparent reason.  I used to sit there and wait thinking it was caused by another player (twirling circle) or WGT.  But knowing I was "on the clock", I eventually used F5 (refresh) only to be told I hadn't returned to the game in time, game was over thus indicating it was my systems problem.  It has gotten better over the last 2 weeks and I don't know why.   

Putting aside where the fault originates, my question is...why is using F5 the same as a disconnect?   Whether it is my system, or another players, or WGT...I have no way of knowing at the time of the incident.  And, of course, refreshing and/or disconnecting 3 times in one round is when one gets the boot.

Is there any way for WGT servers to differentiate a refresh from a disconnect?  If so, it would be beneficial if a F5 is recognized  vs. a disconnect and not subject to the "3 strikes and you're out" penalty.    

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 4:26 PM

These are all fair questions, but we have tried with many machines to try and reproduce the issues and we cannot replicate them in our environment.  If we can replicate the issue we usually fix it within 30 days if not sooner.  So please submit your right click problems to us and please reply to this tread and post your crashes.  

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 4:27 PM

fyi: We cannot tell on our end if you closed the browser or hit F5

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 6:21 PM

WGTadmin2, don't get me wrong, it's a breath of fresh air that you guys are taking notice of problems and doing your best to sort them out.

We all have a common goal, to make the best golf game on the net even better.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 9:08 PM

I have a question.

In a alt-shot game with players from four different countries, are they all connected to the same game server? 

RSS