Forums

Help › Forums

Meter problem is getting worse

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:13 PM (73 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:26 AM

Blackbeard -  is it any worse today than normal? Has anything on your computer changed?

We do not mean to be unresponsive to the meter issues.  We actually do spend a lot of time working on making the meter better.  The difficultly is that there are a lot of external variables contributing to the meter performance and it is very much a case-by-case situation.  If you are having problems, please email us and we can help you troubleshoot.  When you contact us, it helps us gather data to improve it for everyone else.  We have helped and improved the meter for thousands of players and we are committed to continue on  improving the performance.

thanks

WGT

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:47 AM

blackbeard,

any chance you are using a wireless mouse? If so, it might be worth the time to check and replace the battery.

If not, testing with a different mouse might be a good idea anyway - The contacts inside the mouse lose a bit of their efficiency as they age. Milliseconds can make a big difference when trying to ding those shots, and sometimes the mouse is part of the issue.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:22 AM

Thanks for the various responses, but these problems have only occurred in the last couple of days. I had it once before after an earlier update, and after a few days it seemed to correct itself / WGT did a fix. (Not a mouse issue, but thanks for the comment VHL)

If they are working on the problems, then all well and good, but it has been incredibly frustrating to have to end rounds when I am only a few holes in

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:49 AM

Blackbeard , what are you specs (RAM, CPU, internet connection, browser) and do you have the problem today?

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 12:35 PM

wgttad....meter stutters,lapses,irregularities today (9/3/10) worse, worser,and worsest,(terrible grammer) than its been since all the new changes/upgrades. For me playing in todays match play no problem, tournaments; free & RGO's TERRIBLE let me repeat TERRIBLE. There is nothing amiss,awry, need adjusting, tuneup, etc,etc,etc w/my pc or hook-up. The problem is on YOUR in. I'm sick and tired of entering a RG and hope/pray meter will act accordingly as advertised. I'll just eventually quit buying new balls, use starter balls, play in free tourneys, and lose interest in the game. WGT needs to find a fix or give intelligent answers to the problem, (no SITUATION) problems are for children, situations are for intelligent companies to resolve. Quit trying to pawn your situation off on us YOUR consumers to solve. This is your product (which is a great one) make it better or at least make it work consistently well. It could be the difference in making a "dime" or a "dollar". Just my 2-cents worth, one of numerous frustrated users from all the posts that I've read in the last month or so....... As far as all the changes implemented recently, I can live with, and will adjust accordingly.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:20 PM

WGTadmin2:

Blackbeard -  is it any worse today than normal? Has anything on your computer changed?

We do not mean to be unresponsive to the meter issues.  We actually do spend a lot of time working on making the meter better.  The difficultly is that there are a lot of external variables contributing to the meter performance and it is very much a case-by-case situation.  If you are having problems, please email us and we can help you troubleshoot.  When you contact us, it helps us gather data to improve it for everyone else.  We have helped and improved the meter for thousands of players and we are committed to continue on  improving the performance.

thanks

Well, admin men, any thoughts on why my meter is buttery smooth with all clubs except the putter, which is now, since Wednesday, chronically jerky and stuttering? Worst it could possibly be. Making any putt inside of 10' is sheer luck. Needless to say, greatly maddening.

WGT

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:46 PM

WGTadmin2:

Blackbeard , what are you specs (RAM, CPU, internet connection, browser) and do you have the problem today?

RAM 4.0 GB Dual DDR 3 @399 MHz...CPU Intel mobile core 2 duo T6600 @2.2 GHz...Int conn Intel (R) wi-fi link 5100 AGN,,,,,,browser Mozilla Firefox

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:05 PM

has to be something, played earlier with no meter problems, greens and putting sucked but thats another issue. tonight every swing is stuttering so I quit a CC tourney and then forfeited a Multi-round game because of it ! and I HATE QUITTING !!!

I really wish this meter thing could be solved !!!!

• guitarlover68
    19 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:19 PM

Meter is a joke since new release. it never was like this before new release for me anyway. ITS NOT MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL OF DUTY DOESNT LAG LIKE THIS AND THERE IS ALOT MORE HAPPENING ON THAT GAME...........

• TJH964
    17 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:40 PM

Yes I agree these mother fuckers have made one hell of a ridiculous game.  I have paid for avatars and now I cannot even change it and I have quit playing because of how they rig it.

RSS