Help › Forums

Meter problem is getting worse

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:13 PM (73 replies)
  • BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:59 AM

dcassman:
    ... I'm a programer myself for NCR, so your not just dealing with Joe Blow but a player that knows there is a fix...

For the love of all that is good and just in the world PLEASE find a way to contact the dev team and help them fix it dcass! 

I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious.

I'm begging you.

I can put up with the inconsistent winds, green speeds, breaks, club yardages,and the 500+ yard dogleg par 4's if I have a fighting chance with the meter.

The thing is, I can't even find anything on this site where WGT even acknowledges that this is a widespread issue.

Isn't the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem?

• chad711
    9 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:59 AM

Well, having had some issues with the meter myself, I now know I am not alone.

Several times in the past week, I have had the meter either freeze of stutter which either causes me to have to close the window and restart my round or completely miss my shot.

I would love to see this problem fixed.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:35 PM

dcassman, BearlyThere,

Have you guys tried setting the affinity of your browser and flash plug-in processes to a single CPU?  You need to have a multi-core processor in your PC.  This workaround has done wonders for my meter in single play, although I still get the occasional stutter or lag in multi-player.

Read about it in this thread from August.

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:27 PM

Good point Andyson.  

Also, it's a good idea to clear your cache regularly.

• Robzstd
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:47 PM
    I agree. There are enough variables in this game to contend with, high winds, massive slopes and cavernous bunkers. So why are we still having to deal with a SSSSsssttttuttteriiiing meter? WGT you earn thousands of Dollars per hour so why can't you deal with this?......Thanx have a nice day.
  • LObringer
    30 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:16 PM

Robzstd:
    I agree. There are enough variables in this game to contend with, high winds, massive slopes and cavernous bunkers. So why are we still having to deal with a SSSSsssttttuttteriiiing meter? WGT you earn thousands of Dollars per hour so why can't you deal with this?......Thanx have a nice day.

There is a man named Yancy who is developing a tool to help with metering.

It is not a cheat - it is a tool.

• Robzstd
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:47 PM

Thanx LObringer. I've had a gauge like it for 6 months now and it works a bit better than the utube link that you sent. The issue is with the swing meter not the gauging of distance. I hope Yancy isn't trying to sell his 'copywright' gauge

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:30 PM

Thanks andyson. I've personally taken extreme measures to deal with the meter stutter with 0 success to date.

I hadn't seen reference to setting flash affinity to a single core as yet so that's what I'm going to try now.

This is truly a show-stopper for me. I can handle all the other "stuff" but not the stutter.

I'll let you all know how it works.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:26 PM

Wow.

Who knew? Well, I guess andyson knew! :-D

I just tried this (changing affinity to single core) and I can NOT believe how smooth the meter is!

It's so smooth it threw me off completely...lol.

I can't thank you enough for pointing me to this andyson. I'm back and enjoying the game again.

As further proof that this is a multi-core processing issue with Flash, RIchard4168 posted in this thread that he doesn't experience any meter issues with his rig. A single-core unit.

Well, I guess I'll be spending a lot of time learning my NEW METER now...lol

• RHawkman
    21 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:53 PM

Sorry, but I found this very hard to believe.  Much like pulling 4 spark plug wires on a V8 and saying it runs better.  I tried it and my swing meter was much worse.  Back to dual and fairly smooth.  Today it is playable.  

RSS