Forums

Help › Forums

Meter problem is getting worse

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:13 PM (73 replies)
  • overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 2:29 AM

A livid gamer tells you that your swing meter is broken.  What do you do?

• Accept that there's a meter problem and fix it (recommended)
    • Deny the existence of a swing meter
    • Say that there is nothing wrong with your meter and it's on our end
    • Tell them to clear the cache (not recommended)
  • longstrip
    1 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 5:07 AM

Three time  in the past week I have paid to join READY GO tournaments only to find THE METER problem arising in the middle of my round hence my round ruined, as you have a limited time to play this round you try to persevre i.e. letting the stroke finish  and start again but sometimes this catches you out  WTG need to sort this out or compensate members who lose credits due to this, how they could put this into practice I don't know ? but sort it out they must.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:08 AM

I've played 9 rounds today so about 400 shots. In all those my meter jumped just once.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:44 PM

piztaker:

I've played 9 rounds today so about 400 shots. In all those my meter jumped just once.

Lucky sod, last night the meter froze twice in a row eventually causing me to fluff a drive.  The meter would continue to glitch up afterwards...

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 4:30 AM

Hi All,

longstrip:
    WTG need to sort this out or compensate members who lose credits due to this, how they could put this into practice I don't know ? but sort it out they must.

I'm afraid it aint that simple. If it was soley  WGT everybody would be, to a degree experiencing the same problem - and they are not.

Niv had a great post highlighting what was required for you to actually see a working swing meter, and WOW -  that certainly opened my eyes. Sorry I dont know where to find it.

As far as I'm concerned I dont have much trouble to be honest. It bites me once in a while, which is annoying - but I get over it, and try and get my round back on track. I play mostly 18 hole rounds - so I have time to recover, if I'm good enough. 

In the past 5 18 hole rounds I have not had a single meter stutter where I can say it cost me a shot or a ball. There are many other players who have a similar story to tell.

Personally I think its a combination of issues both with WGT and at the home end.

jmo

Cheers

Doug

• Jumper281
    675 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:25 AM

Meter stutter is at the worst I've ever seen.

• bigrayyy
    53 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:03 AM

the game is unplayable today as far as I'm concerned...

• Unsy93
    15 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:22 PM

Agreed.

• birdiebear
    4 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:03 AM

so if everyone is having the same problem Why isnt anything done?

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:18 AM

FAO the admins please......I am having real problems over the last few days, the worst of which is when I try to make my swing, the blue power meter line releases itself before I have reached full power.

This is happening on all types of shots, and most times I can stop / avoid my swing. But on putting, it seems to then react as if I have taken my shot, giving me a shot of about 1'.

RSS