15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 9:36 PM
    Come on mods, what happened?
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 9:47 PM

courteneyfish:
    Come on mods, what happened?

Has been irking me what happened as well.

We are poised and eady to give ur input..

Courteney, did you get the invite a few weeks ago that MrWGT was going to telephone us and interview us?

I gave out my aussie phone details and likely availability times and....  nothing.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 1:29 AM

SHRUDE:
    Has been irking me what happened as well.

Just the usual......nothing lol

SHRUDE:
    I gave out my aussie phone details and likely availability times and....  nothing.

Please read the terms and conditions - you phone Chad...at your expense - hopefully you have enough credits stowed away lol......then what will happen......the usual...

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:20 AM

I don't believe there's "one blueprint" to a successful CC.  If there was, all CCs would be successful.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:26 AM

courteneyfish - sorry I can't follow, what are you asking?

• NiFromFb
    89 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:45 AM

WGTadmin2:

courteneyfish - sorry I can't follow, what are you asking?

I believe she's asking about this:

WGTdbloshoe:

I am looking for all the country club owners here on WGT.  I am looking to get together a group of 5-10 owners who run high member and very successful country clubs.  I am hoping for this group will be able to help in putting together suggestions on how to run a successful Country club.  If your interested in being a part of this please reply either on this thread or to me privately.  Please tell me a little about your CC, 1-2 lines, and how many members you have.  Thank you all and I look forward to talking to everyone.

- WGTdbloshoe

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 11:06 AM
    I was just using it as an example. We're asked for help which we freely give, then it is all abandoned. A bit like the improvement suggestions. There were dozens of good ones but WGT brought out clapping.
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 2:28 PM

It seems like it's just a waste of effort on the owner's part to make suggestions on how WGT can improve the CC experience for owners and their members.

Case in point ... this thread began on April, 2013. ... over a year ago.  Other than some mud slinging between a few of the owners, what changes have occurred for the betterment of WGT CC's?  Can you give me at least one good thing? (excluding that CC Bracket fiasco or the applause one receives after making birdie or eagle ...  Oh yeah, the bird sounds and plane noises don't count either).

Has the e-mailing CC members gotten fixed?  How about more tourneys?  Was anyone even approached to become part of this brainstorming idea presented last April, or was this just a means of getting the cc owners up in arms against each other?

There's lots of threads on this site that bring up some great ideas and suggestions ... and what do we get ... bird noises and clapping ... meters that regardless of how much you do to keep your computer clean will stagger along somewhere during a game.  CC owners that are not notified when a member leaves or an ability to contact their members with an e-mail blast out.  How about the CC tourneys?  Can an owner remove a tourney once it's been created?  Or "sticky" a forum post to their forums so they don't have to manually "bump" the thread to get it back on page 1?

We sure get lots of lip service though!

While I'm not a CC owner, I am a very active member here on this site.  I try to help when and where I can and I do feel the owners' and players' frustrations when we get messages from WGT moderators that say "we're going to" ... then nothing.  WGT, if you golfed like you maintain your site, you'd be all over the place ... Army golf on steroids!  Make sure you've got a couple dozen golf balls before you get to that 1st tee!

This is clearly more evidence that regardless what suggestions one makes, WGT will continue down the path of "we just don't give a damn ... your opinions don't matter at all ... just your money!"

This is a wonderful game with lots of great members ... and there are several great clubs on this site that all suffer from your lack of effort and care, WGT.  Thank you so much for all the nothing you do for your CC owners and their members!  

Personally, I don't envy any of the owners here.  It's tough work even under the best circumstances ... and with the evidence of this thread, not much support from WGT to make your jobs easier.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 5:25 PM

courteneyfish

we got a ton of responses from the CC owners and we talked to a lot of them to figure out the feature set for the CC improvements.   Please let us know what you want.

thanks

RSS