Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Owners

Wed, Mar 15 2023 2:13 PM (109 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 5:39 PM

As for the CC email issue, does this still affect anyone?  My logs show one issue for a club where the owner changed and the permission did not transfer.  Nothing else?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:22 PM

WGTadmin2:

As for the CC email issue, does this still affect anyone?  My logs show one issue for a club where the owner changed and the permission did not transfer.  Nothing else?

Nothing else?  How about ... good start!

Number of free tourneys?  Increase from 10 to at least 15.  For larger CC's, it should probably be more.

Ability for the CC owner to remove a tournament or at least change the settings, if needed.

Ability to "stick" a forum post to where it always remains topmost (first page). CC Rules and regulations shouldn't ever find their way to page 2 or 3 of the forum.

These are merely complaints I've heard about or encountered.

It's nice you're actually communicating with the owners ... It will be even nicer if these items actually get addressed and fixed/modified

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 7:44 PM

Totally agree with all of Kats replies to this post..here.

Why is there a limit to free and credit tournaments??

If /when a mistake is made setting a tournament why cant it be changed....maybe a preview option b4 posting would help.

I can be available , I can be available to friends, I can be available for certain types of games , why cant I be available to CC members only(would be very handy when when running some CC events).

Raelenerose

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:03 PM

WGTadmin2:
    does this still affect anyone?

Err....  YES - HULLO?

WGTadmin2:
    My logs show

Hope these aren't the same Logs that PizzaBoy told us about? I think they were more of an apparition than anything else.

Where do you assimilate your data from to build these logs?

Is is a single abandoned thread somewhere in the abyss of orphaned thread here or is it from an official means of gathering data?

If it is the latter then you wouldn't be asking such a question?

I dont recall seeing an official WGT thread created and then monitored in regards to this or other WGT failures.

As always and as previous WGT need to focus on this issue of CC Owners requests and begin some ACTION.
    Stop sitting in a chair and playing with yourselves and bleating over the fact you get 20,000 new registrations every week & FIX what you have and APPEASE your most loyal.

Raelenerose:
    If /when a mistake is made setting a tournament why cant it be changed.

Has the above appeared any any of your logs, since it has been a CC owners request for at least the 3 years I have been here - where is it listed in these 'logs'?

Raelenerose:
    I can be available , I can be available to friends, I can be available for certain types of games , why cant I be available to CC members only

An excellent request, where will this be noted ADMIN#2?

Seriously, lets face it , it WONT be noted and it WONT eventuate and the next time (if any) we get a MisterWGT session, we will yet once  again see a look of surprise on his gloating face when these AGE OLD requests are brought up.

Please just make the statement :
                 "At this stage there will be no further improvements or developments for CCs and CC options for owners"

And stop this BS about 'logs' and 'phone calls" and other fairy tales.

CC's email option, have had an issue that not all members get the emails, since inception.

My Logs (which is just a failing old memory) can report many CC's with this glitch mentioned within the forums. First brought to the attention of WGT approx 2 years ago.

The owners who posted these issues, go about and discover other thread, they dont wait around with their hands on their hips waiting for a half assed dressed up reply from WGT.
    Create an official thread, monitor it. provide feedback and TAKE CONTROL.

We dont need appluase sounds, we dont need fancier menus or other superflous toys..  we need things to WORK & we need more superior functionality within the CC environment.

Go file that post in your fantasy log.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:26 PM
    I think the reason why WGT hasn't heard many complaints about club e-mails is most people didn't know that they existed and most owners just accept that they don't work.
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:40 PM

courteneyfish:
    I think the reason why WGT hasn't heard many complaints about club e-mails is most people didn't know that they existed and most owners just accept that they don't work.

Subsequently club members reiterating time and time again "why didnt someone tell me about xxxxx"

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:49 PM

Sorry i only JUST saw this;

WGTadmin2:
    we got a ton of responses from the CC owners and we talked to a lot of them to figure out the feature set for the CC improvements.   Please let us know what you want.

Who were these CC owners you spoke to?

How long ago?

What improvements were asked for and what will be the agenda for implementing these improvements?

Will you be asking for further input?

I got a whole heap of CC improvements I have been asking for for 3 years and only 1 (tiered tourneys) has been implemented.

Do you know how frustrating it is to endure these failings within the CC environment time and time again having asked for their improvement, time and time again?

As the Fish has said, there also was a thread for WGT Suggestions, which began quite enthusiastically and was setup reasonably thoroughly along with WGTIcon.. that... simply....  became .. forgotton.

Until the next wave of WGT incumbents than will YET again ask for the VERY same improvements OVER and OVER, clogging the forums with duplicate threads which are unanswered and ignored allowing for NO growth within the community and a stagnant game with the same frustrations.

I's be happy to go without 'ambient sounds' and even a new course for a year if we could just FIX/ ENHANCE what is already here FIRST.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 11:11 PM

WGTadmin2:

This is interesting as a look through the forums in the last few months highlights more than just one owner with ths exact problem.

So I am not sure where your statistics are coming from.

"Sorry but I don't respond to wall posts or friend invites please post to the forums directly. Thanks!"

The above is quoted from your profile, so are you saying you will respond to the forums and ignore anything else? Well if it is the former, perhaps you need to do some research first.

Also not a very approachable attitude - sort of says I will read every post but do not bother me........

A few days ago I praised you for actually answering some questions, but do not answer based on ignorance or lack of knowledge.

Players need communication from WGT, but only if that information is correct. Sadly the egg is on your face this time.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 11:12 PM
    What a country club owner tries to do is to provide a place where people can have good competition in a friendly area, away from quitters and sandbaggers. But the most imortant thing is to provide somewhere that members feel at home and part of a community. The owner puts in time and thought into providing this sort of environment, but then the game gets multiple faults and some of these people that the boss fought to attract just walk away from the game.
  • Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 5:07 AM

SHRUDE:
    Who were these CC owners you spoke to?

I for one was contacted via conference call

SHRUDE:
    How long ago?

about 3 weeks ago

SHRUDE:
    What improvements were asked for

things we discussed:

- possibility of adding a co-owner

-high stakes RG`s for the ones that want them

-possibility of having a club bank to draw from for club sponsored tourneys (eliminating having to gift or lose in a match challenge to pay winners)

-buttons to make setting up CC vs CC tourneys easier

-more controls for club forums and fixing existing issues with this (although i do not have the issues many do)

-fixing issues with multi player games (such as constant discos and not being able to return)

-replacing missing club forum threads (mainly an issue for my club)

RSS