Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Owners

Wed, Mar 15 2023 2:13 PM (109 replies)
  • graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 5:39 AM

It would be nice if the "transfer Ownership" script worked and didnt just transfer ownership but include all tools as advertised.

Surely getting that script right would reduce the support emails that have to be prioritised and ownership tools seems well down the line.

The support response of "can you transfer the ownership to another member in the cc" isn't really acceptable and surprise they have the gaul to even suggest it...desperation!

Maybe employ a script writer who know to query and write to databases properly?

This has been an issue for years from what I can see

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 5:58 AM

Beryman:
    I for one was contacted via conference call

With all the mucking around they gave me I expected this call as well

Beryman:
    about 3 weeks ago

Yep thats when they asked me for it.

Beryman:
    things we discussed:

Sounds like some good things, at least in your call.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 4:35 PM

Here are some notes

Number of free tourneys?  Increase from 10 to at least 15.  For larger CC's, it should probably be more.

WGT: we are working on this feature

Ability for the CC owner to remove a tournament or at least change the settings, if needed.

WGT: Once a tourney has started there is no way to change the settings, even for WGT. Do you want a confirmation screen before the tournament is made?  For brackets there may be a way to remove a bracket if it does not fill out, since technically it has not started.

Ability to "stick" a forum post to where it always remains topmost (first page). CC Rules and regulations shouldn't ever find their way to page 2 or 3 of the forum.

WGT: I wish we had a much better forum and cc forum, but we transferring all the posts from this system to a new one scares the hell out of us

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 6:41 PM

WGTadmin2:
    WGT: we are working on this feature

Personally I am not sure CCs really need any more free tourneys. 10 is ample.

On the other hand, if Club Emails worked and CC participation subsequently increased, then yes. 

WGTadmin2:
    WGT. Do you want a confirmation screen before the tournament is made?

If we are unable to delete or edit a tourney once it is created then yes please.

Does the inability to edit a created tourney only apply to tourneys once a player has entered?

WGTadmin2:
    Ability to "stick" a forum post to where it always remains topmost

In my CC forum this function works. 

Which means this;

WGTadmin2:
    WGT: I wish we had a much better forum and cc forum, but we transferring all the posts from this system to a new one scares the hell out of us

Is now redundant and a fix across the board is needed.

So, thats it?  

3 topics/ suggestions addressed?  no more?

Here's my "log"

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/159712.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/54392.aspx

please note the dates on these

Although a couple of the suggestions have now been implemented the others are begging to be answered.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 1:14 AM

As for the delete tournament option, one of our suggestions was to give any game that is set up a 5 minute delay before it becomes live. That way, the owner can go over the settings to make sure it is correct. If the owner then sees something amiss, they have the option to delete the game before that 5 minutes is up. After that, the game becomes live, and then its all systems go.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 4:39 AM

WGTadmin2:
    Number of free tourneys?  Increase from 10 to at least 15.  For larger CC's, it should probably be more.

With the introduction on Bracket comps,  Increasing the Total to 15 or more comps will be great.

We have an Admin Group thread running between 4 people, with over 200 pages. When we open the thread, it opens from the 1st post.  I know we can click 'last'...  but I think if the thread can open from the last post sent...  that will be good.

When we are in a hurry to create a cc comp... sometimes we forget to tick a box or set wrong conditions.  If we can't have a Delete comp button, then a confirmation screen will be good.

-Roger

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 10:23 AM

ok, we will look at a cc tourney creation confirm screen

• ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 10:48 AM

As a club owner with currently 234 members...a majority of them actively hitting club tourneys, I respectively have to disagree with Shrude...I'm sorry, but we need more than 10 Free tourneys. (we're a bunch of Senior Citizens with nothing else to do but smack little white virtual golf balls) Especially with new courses coming down the road. And with the addition of Brackets, eating up a tourney slot, more slots just seems to be the best idea. 

The suggestion above giving a 5 minute delay period before a tourney becomes "live" sounds interesting. Maybe with an alert to the owner that a tourney is pending approval. If that can't be done, then a confirmation page would be very helpful. I can't tell you the number of times I've set a tourney and gone back to look at it on the list and thought "Dangit...I meant to do something different!" LOL

Sean

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 11:39 AM

WGTadmin2:

One of the other popular suggestions was to give the CC Owner the ability to designate specific members to perform part of or all of their duties.

If the CC owner has to confirm all tourneys this would be yet another burden on the owner that could not currently be delegated.

One thing you could investigate is the possibility of giving the CC Owner a button called:

[CC Management]   or even simpler: [Delegate]

When CC the owner clicked on that button a screen would pop up that looks something like this:

The CC owner could then simply type in the user name and check off the powers they want that user to have. 

This would be particularly helpful as well, if say the CC owner was going on an extended vacation and would not be around to monitor club activities.

The list above was just my first crack at the items that would be good to have - I am sure others will have opinions on what should be included.

QUICK EDIT: The CC owner would have full powers even if they have a member (or members) with the same "power."

Ed

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 3:32 PM

EasyEdward:

WGTadmin2:

One of the other popular suggestions was to give the CC Owner the ability to designate specific members to perform part of or all of their duties.

If the CC owner has to confirm all tourneys this would be yet another burden on the owner that could not currently be delegated.

One thing you could investigate is the possibility of giving the CC Owner a button called:

[CC Management]   or even simpler: [Delegate]

When CC the owner clicked on that button a screen would pop up that looks something like this:

The CC owner could then simply type in the user name and check off the powers they want that user to have. 

This would be particularly helpful as well, if say the CC owner was going on an extended vacation and would not be around to monitor club activities.

The list above was just my first crack at the items that would be good to have - I am sure others will have opinions on what should be included.

QUICK EDIT: The CC owner would have full powers even if they have a member (or members) with the same "power."

Ed

+1

RSS