Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:28 PM

6packmike

Thank you for you well thought out post.  You are correct in your assessment that the courses distances are maxed out due to the realities of real world course constraints.  There is definitely some current pain in that it is difficult to reach certain fairways from the tee but there will be some clubs or balls that will help this in the future.  This being said we are very concerned about excessive yardages just as the PGA Tour.  There is a fine balance to be had and we will conservative.  There is just so much more to the game than just bombing it off the tee and course management is something we will try to play up in the game.

To address your other points we are going to clean up the practice game options and hopefully enable more conditions. Also we are evaluating more changes to help alleviate some of the issues causing dropped games.  The leveling system since it's release has already drastically increased the number of completed multi-player rounds.

edited to add link

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/22025/125677.aspx#125677

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:38 PM

Not so impressed. Basically this addresses none of the valid sandbagging issues we have raised. I do hope WGT notices the drop in revenue as many of the legends refuse to play the ready goes and MPC against all but legends. I do know I am not contributing anywhere what I use to as I will now only play against fellow legends until WGT addresses the truly unfair and unrealistic tier disadvantages they have introduced. The fact that WGT has not rushed to give us a realistic driver shows that they are not listening to the majority of the post here. Funny thing also I have not seen on positive posts on quitting. WGT I think you are seeing what you want and not hearing what we are saying.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:41 PM

I have to laugh . I have a buddy that works at the AJC (Atllanta Journal Constitution) Newspaper, I guess a lot of writers play on here, he was thinking about doing an article, I just had to laugh!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:52 PM

That's a fair statement by WGT. They saw the error in their ways and admitted to it.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:05 PM

Sargenjd01:
    There is definitely some current pain in that it is difficult to reach certain fairways from the tee but there will be some clubs or balls that will help this in the future.  This being said we are very concerned about excessive yardages just as the PGA Tour.  There is a fine balance to be had and we will conservative.  There is just so much more to the game than just bombing it off the tee and course management is something we will try to play up in the game.

Oh Really....LMAO....don't the masters and tour master have the same equipment as the legends?  I'm speechless, I'm trying to make sense of this but I can't.  wgt has not really answered or addressed the issues that's been the main topics since the update......Could someone please take the blinders off of WGT......THE GAME IS UNFAIR FOR LEGENDS!!!!!!!!

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:06 PM

But they have not acted. The were able to switch us from master tees and championship greens in one day claiming this is what we asked for. Read the forums. We've asked for it to be changed back.  Action is what is required.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:08 PM

You guys make it sound as if only Master and Legend tiers are suffering. 

I am new here and made the pro level but can't buy any clubs worth a damn after the new program was introduced. I have a hard tiome getting to many of the par 4's in two shots which is really not very realistic. I was planning on buyning the Rapture 2 irons but not I have to be at level 58 instead of the Amateur or Pro Level. 

The game has been fun to this point for me but to get better I need better eqipment that is hittable (slower meter for me) and none of those clubs are available under the new level program.

So don't go around feeling sorry for the Master and Legend tiers. They have a problem but so do a lot of other people who want to have fun at the game. 

The New Release from the WGT below is pure bull...

The WGT Pro Shop will start unlocking all our virtual golf equipment based on Level rather than Tier. As in real life, you may never play as well as a real pro, but that doesn't mean you can't buy the same equipment they're using. However, also in real life, some golf equipment will continue to be designed for beginners and other for experts, in terms of factors like swing meter speed and forgiveness.

^^^The bolded part above is simply not true. 

What have you got to say about that WGT? There isn't anything in the Pro Shop worth a damn that I can buy to really help improve my play. That wasn't true just a week or so ago. Great. Well done. Ridiculous. 

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:08 PM

You guys make it sound as if only Master and Legend tiers are suffering. 

I am new here and made the pro level but can't buy any clubs worth a damn after the new program was introduced. I have a hard tiome getting to many of the par 4's in two shots which is really not very realistic. I was planning on buyning the Rapture 2 irons but not I have to be at level 58 instead of the Amateur or Pro Level. 

The game has been fun to this point for me but to get better I need better eqipment that is hittable (slower meter for me) and none of those clubs are available under the new level program.

So don't go around feeling sorry for the Master and Legend tiers. They have a problem but so do a lot of other people who want to have fun at the game. 

The WGT Pro Shop will start unlocking all our virtual golf equipment based on Level rather than Tier. As in real life, you may never play as well as a real pro, but that doesn't mean you can't buy the same equipment they're using. However, also in real life, some golf equipment will continue to be designed for beginners and other for experts, in terms of factors like swing meter speed and forgiveness.

What have you got to say about that WGT? There isn't anything in the Pro Shop worth a damn that I can buy to really help improve my play. That wasn't true just a week or so ago. Great. Well done. Ridiculous. 

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:32 PM

Go to fullsize image.........WE MUST BE VELY QUIET.....INSTEAD OF PAYING ATTENTION TO OUR ISSUES IT SEEMS LIKE WGT IS MORE INTERESTED IN LOCKING POSTS CITING PERSONAL ATTACKS....

Re: Game Over
    By WGTadmin2 in Announcements & News

This thread is being locked since it has degraded into personal attacks.

Also this one called WGT has Cancer

thread is locked, please refrain from personal attacks on other players.

WAY TO GO WGT NOW SHOW UP YOU REALLY CARE AND FIX THE MESS YOU MADE WITH THE MOST RECENT UPDATE.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:39 PM

XXBones:

You can play this game, and totally suck. And after you've hit the ball 1,000,000 times you'll be at a high enough level to purchase the best clubs. And you will still suck. (no no I don't mean you personally. lol)

There is nothing, technically, misleading about WGT's statement. You are just reading what you want to read into it. What about the last statement in that sentence?

"However, also in real life, some golf equipment will continue to be designed for beginners and other for experts"

Doesn't that imply that there will be clubs that are not available to beginners? The problem is that they but you at a beginner level, even though you are not.

To me, there were only 2 (major) errors in the update.

1) Too Many Legends. My unofficial  estimate puts us at just under 900. (I had estimated 1100 in a previous thread, that seems to be a few too many)

2) The levels they placed us in were way too low. I've been here a year, have 1300+ ranked rounds and I'm level 30? Quite insulting. IF WGT releases new clubs in the next few weeks/months most of us won't even be able to purchase them, and because they started the Master also at level 30, we still will not have any advantage on them off the tee.

RSS