Forums

Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:27 PM

Kaslo - We understand your point about how levels as currently implemented can be used by sandbaggers to their advantage.  As mentioned earlier we are going to address this in the near future to make tiers more accurate to the players true level of skill and less prone to score manipulation.  In parallel we will be creating more tier specific tournament so that the playing field will be more fair.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:31 PM

WGTadmin2:

Kaslo - We understand your point about how levels as currently implemented can be used by sandbaggers to their advantage.  As mentioned earlier we are going to address this in the near future to make tiers more accurate to the players true level of skill and less prone to score manipulation.  In parallel we will be creating more tier specific tournament so that the playing field will be more fair.

Thank you.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:33 PM

WGTadmin2:

So does it mean I'd be able to get those Rapture irons at a "reasonable" level?Level 58 is not reasonable. Agree?

• terildan
    6 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:36 PM

what a joke... now as a legend it is nice to see the lower tiers out drive us 100 yards, putt on slower greens and take all are credits we earned..... thanks for everything...I will no longer play when my credits are gone...which will be real soon

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:41 PM

Come on guys, WGT is responding to constructive opinions of the game. Stop razzing WGT when they tell us what (you) don't want to hear. Some of the other members are interested in what WGT has to say about the new tiers and levels.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:47 PM

XXBones- We will be constantly monitoring the speed at which people level, this is a work in progress

Terildan -  The tiers will no longer represent your driving distance or the equipment you use, which are now dictated by levels.  This being said if you are a legend and someone else is a pro and you both are of the same level, they will not drive a distance further than you.  You will however start out on tees further back in competitions to help make it more balanced.  Since you have more skill than pro's despite their equipment.  Now if the Pro continues to score lower than a legend the pro will move up tiers naturally.  This of course is all based on our ability to make sure sand bagging is drastically reduced.   We are also thinking about other solutions to balance play among players of different skill.  Golf handicapping and "giving" strokes is an idea we are toying with and will be testing.

As you can see there are a lot of variables and moving parts.  I hope you believe us that we are working hard to make this the best golf game we can.  WGT is a work in progress.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:51 PM

A suggestion" 

As much as I have read the forums, it is very possible I have not seen every wgt response. My suggestion is to sticky a post cumulating what you have said to the various issues. I see in some what this format. It may even cut down on some of the posts? :)

1) The Mobs have concerns about Sandbagging and levels

WGT response, ie  above

2) The mobs have concerns about tiers and ready goes/ tourney extra

WGT response - we plan on introducing more tier specific tourneys.

3) The Mobs are concerned about disadvantaged in MPC between Tour Masters and Legends

WGT response - you get the idea. :)

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:57 PM

WGTadmin2:
    You will however start out on tees further back in competitions to help make it more balanced.  Since you have more skill than pro's despite their equipment.  Now if the Pro continues to score lower than a legend the pro will move up tiers naturally.  This of course is all based on our ability to make sure sand bagging is drastically reduced.

So where is the balance if you play a master or tour master who have the same equipment, and usually most are just as good as some of the legends, yet you're hitting from 30-50 yards further back.  At least a pro still does not have the same equipments as legends so our gripe would not be in playing pros.  However, master and tour masters have the same equipment.  I know you're trying to level the playing field but you need to see how leveled the playing field really is when most of the legends averages went up 2-5 points and the masters and legends haven't really changed.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:58 PM

WGTadmin2:

XXBones- We will be constantly monitoring the speed at which people level, this is a work in progress.

Trouble is right now is the clubs I can buy I don't want. They have higher meter speeds and at my level that isn't a good thing. But the clubs I want with a lower meter speed are not available although they would have been last week if I had achieved the Pro Level a couple of days earlier. Isn't thatt backwards? You can buy those clubs when you reach Level 58 (really?) and they are avaialbe to the Hack+ tier. Makes zero sense. Just sayin'.

I really want to spend money but won't until I can buy what I want...just like in real life bro. 

Gimme: Rapture V2 Irons 

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 11:57 PM

XXBones:
    You guys make it sound as if only Master and Legend tiers are suffering. 

I am new here and made the pro level but can't buy any clubs worth a damn after the new program was introduced. I have a hard tiome getting to many of the par 4's in two shots which is really not very realistic. I was planning on buyning the Rapture 2 irons but not I have to be at level 58 instead of the Amateur or Pro Level.

Sorry, but the woes of the pros and amateurs are not even close to being in the same league as those of Legends.  I could shoot -5 to -7 with starter clubs from the amateur tees, (and I'd assume that I would've been shooting -7 to -9 from the amateur tees with level 25 equipment, but WGT deleted my account,) but -2 to -4 is a typical round from the legend tees, with the best equipment.  On top of that, most of us know full well that, if a sandbagger were to come along, there would be nothing stopping him from destroying us over and over and over again.  A sandbagging pro or amateur that played on the level of a 65-average master could currently beat the best legends (pre-change 58 avg masters) there are -- Bollox, AvatarLee, etc. -- around 80% of the time, and they could do it indefinitely, and they'll get even better at it as time goes on because they will get better and better clubs.  Once the sandbaggers have access to master and legend equipment, the best players on this site would not stand a chance against a "pretty good" sandbagger, and they would lose about 99% of their rounds against them.  There is currently nothing in place that would force a sandbagging amateur or pro into the master or legend tier if he won 90% of the ready-go's for the next six weeks.  If I, for example, were sandbagging right now, I would be raking in about 5,000 credits a day, and there would be no end to my exploits in sight.  That's why legends are furious.  Most of us know that, as it stands right now, we are completely screwed if anyone with brains or a returning master creates a new account and starts sandbagging.

Also, at level 33, which is about two weeks worth of 4 games/day from level 23, you can get the Burner Plus Iron Set (Steel) (33+), which is pretty much the same set as the level 58 V2's.

RSS