Forums

Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:54 AM

So long as they only add like 5 yards onto the 3-iron, or maybe even nothing, I think 15 yards to the driver would be pretty reasonable, but if they're going to add 15 to the driver and 10 to the irons, then I'd probably have to agree that they'd be eating up too much of their room for expansion.  The next club upgrades after that would mean 4-5 -irons being hit into par5's, etc.

We mostly just need some more yards to have more options off the tee and some spin to stop the ball.  Don't really need more length on the 3W, 3H, or irons.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:05 AM

Once the dust settles I actually think sandbagging will be less powerful, not more. If a Master player registered a new account before, he could make pro in probably a day and get access to pretty darn good clubs, and then sandbag away and rip off true Pro players. That option is no longer there. Now the sandbagging cheater (IMO, sandbagging is cheating) has to play an awful lot of rounds before being able to buy good clubs. This is why I earlier said WGT has at least partially addressed the sandbagging issue.

IIRC the initial announcement about the change mentioned new clubs, and the Roadmap mentions that too. So I'm pretty sure new clubs will be introduced, and probably a new driver that can drive ~285 (but hopefully not more than 290). That's 7 more than the currently longest one, and given Legends are already shooting very low scores, I don't think WGT can give them better drivers than that. Or we'd be back to, as Bollox neatly put it, "cartoon scores". Or TWO if you will.

Since WGT has introduced the level system I am 99% sure any new clubs will not be tier-specific. So when they release new clubs the exact same problem will apply about sandbagging. They simply need to address that with other means than tier limitations. Like smarter systems to uncover sandbaggers and move them up in tiers.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:11 AM

BolloxInBruges:

edit - and even if they do have a new driver soon, who will be able to use it before 2011 besides icon and yoban anyway under the level system.

Captain Shank lol

• henry4434
    51 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:59 AM

I didn't see any Pros or Amateurs winning R&G tourneys , correct me if I'm wrong . I do see Tour Masters wins some , I also see some very low scores now from Legend (28-29 ) in R&G .

• uoducks63
    53 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:57 AM

I like many legends have been wondering when some new equipment will be coming out, to make up the yardage distance of the new tees.  As i thought about it more, what is it truly going to matter?  Under the new system, all players can buy any equipment as long as they have reached the level required.  So we will be in the same situation anyway,  Us legends may get a driver that goes 300, but so could a master playing the master tees.  Unless the tweek the system to allow this driver to only be available to legends, we will gain nothing.  Also, how is that WGT thinks we are experienced enough to be legends but only starts us at level 30, at this rate it will take us a year to unlock new equipment, that does not sound like a very good way to reward your most loyal members

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:18 AM

PRIESTESS:
    36 of the top 40 monthly credit earners are Legends, Perhaps wgt just needed a Tier in between Tour master and legend.

Just my perception, probably wrong, but it would seem to me that most of the regular RG players were promoted to the Legend tier and continue to play, while many of the now Master/Tour Masters just never really played that much and don't yet realize the advantage they have.  I'd be curious to see earnings per RG entry, rather than just straight earnings.

I never played at all, knew I'd probably break even at best.  If I were a Tour Master, I'd be playing as many as I could right now ;-) 

One other thing I'm confused by is what is the criteria for changing tiers.  I've seen many Tour Master with averages 2 & 3 point lower than what I had when I was put in.  What combination of avg, lvl, earnings, etc... gets you to Legend or at least what factors are used?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:40 AM

uoducks63:
    I like many legends have been wondering when some new equipment will be coming out, to make up the yardage distance of the new tees.  As i thought about it more, what is it truly going to matter?  Under the new system, all players can buy any equipment as long as they have reached the level required.  So we will be in the same situation anyway,  Us legends may get a driver that goes 300, but so could a master playing the master tees. 

Bingo!  Say the new driver gets an experience level of 90.  Then it becomes a race to see who gets there first.

uoducks63:
    Unless the tweek the system to allow this driver to only be available to legends, we will gain nothing. 

I don't see that happening.  Everyone has access to all clubs is now a guiding principle.

uoducks63:
    Also, how is that WGT thinks we are experienced enough to be legends but only starts us at level 30, at this rate it will take us a year to unlock new equipment, that does not sound like a very good way to reward your most loyal members

Agreed.  Starting masters, tour masters, legends all at the same experience level of 30 appears to be a mistake.  And even if that is corrected, the problem hbthree brought up still exists, how does WGT under the tier/level system make equipment available to players who through tier advancement now move to longer tees?

There might be a solution to both problems if tier promotion also included a bonus of experience levels.

For example,

Promotion from Master to Tour Master gets a bonus of 20 levels

Promotion from Tour Master gets a bonus of 30 levels.

If made retroactive it would look like this today.

Masters would be at level 30+

Tour Masters would be at level 50+

Legends would be at level 80+

These numbers likely don't fit with the available equipment but you get the idea.  And of course something similar for Tour Pros, Pros, etc....

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:05 AM

GoldCard:

BolloxInBruges:

edit - and even if they do have a new driver soon, who will be able to use it before 2011 besides icon and yoban anyway under the level system.

Captain Shank lol

1 Flag CaptainShank 44 $0.00 29
    2 Flag CharlemagneRH 34 $0.00 29

*Grumbles stuff about "tour masters" *

I had an amazing round from the championship tees, but I lost out to a "pretty good" round from the master tees.  I missed my birdie putt on 18, but I wasn't too mad because I thought there was no way that I needed it to win.  To my surprise, I was wrong.  Ugh.
  • MByrd
    9 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:01 AM

I have stated it before, and I will state it again.  I am extremely frustrated by the change.  Something has to be done about getting some new clubs that can make the fairway.  I am not a Master, yet I was "promoted" to the tier upon the change.  It took me until yesterday to move from level 30 to 31.  Really? This is not the answer.  I cannot make the fairway on St. Andrews #7 unless a have a tailwind of at least 16 or 17 MPH, and even then, I barely make it.  Now to add insult to injury, the iron can't get it out of the rough.  It is frustrating.  When my credits run out, I am out.  Most rounds, I don't come close to breaking par.  I used to play multiple rounds per day, now I go days without even thinking of the game.

ETA: Also, can how often does the first cut of rough make me lose 20-25% of distance.  Oftentimes, I get fliers in real life, not duffs.

Sorry for the rant.  I am just frustrated with the changes, which for me has been for the worse.

• henry4434
    51 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:24 AM

MByrd:

I have stated it before, and I will state it again.  I am extremely frustrated by the change.  Something has to be done about getting some new clubs that can make the fairway.  I am not a Master, yet I was "promoted" to the tier upon the change.  It took me until yesterday to move from level 30 to 31.  Really? This is not the answer.  I cannot make the fairway on St. Andrews #7 unless a have a tailwind of at least 16 or 17 MPH, and even then, I barely make it.  Now to add insult to injury, the iron can't get it out of the rough.  It is frustrating.  When my credits run out, I am out.  Most rounds, I don't come close to breaking par.  I used to play multiple rounds per day, now I go days without even thinking of the game.

you are still using pro clubs in master tees , no wonder you cannot reach fairway in some holes .

RSS