Forums

Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • Miaouu
    109 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:42 PM

In WGT game,  it's more funny to read replies, STOP PLAYING NOW !!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:48 PM

I hope this insight is helpful. The leveling system is meant to deal with the large number of players who wish to get better equipment but never could in the past since they could never drop their average scores low enough to change tiers.  This led to a lot of quit games and score padding  to only record your best scores to move up tiers.  Many times this lead to players being in tiers they did not "belong", plus the frustration of people quitting in the middle of rounds.

With the new system the tiers are meant to group people of similar skill and not a mechanism of advancement.  Players who focus on their tier and try to climb the tier ladder by not recording their all their scores will have a sub par experience.  The leveling system is now the primary mechanism to advance.  Everyone can level up and access all the equipment in due time.

• terildan
    6 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:50 PM

agree...,we now as legands don't have a chance ...i am done when my credits are gone

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:02 PM

birdwell:

There is nothing, technically, misleading about WGT's statement. You are just reading what you want to read into it. What about the last statement in that sentence?

"However, also in real life, some golf equipment will continue to be designed for beginners and other for experts"

Doesn't that imply that there will be clubs that are not available to beginners? The problem is that they but you at a beginner level, even though you are not.

No it doesn't imply that at all. In another place, which I can't find right now, the WGT mentioned how in real life you can buy the clubs the pros use any time you want. Whether you can play well with them is a different story and is the buyers problem. But you can buy them. That is what they said (not implied) here but it is not the case. 

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:06 PM

existing players got bent over on our starting levels... plain and simple

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:11 PM

Everyone can level up and access all the equipment in due time.

In due time? How long would it take a guy playing say once a day to get to Level 58? Two years? You clearly see how ridiculous that is. People are going to lose interest long before that happens. 

I
    n the WTG's zest to stop players from shooting stupid scores in the mid 50's and the sandbagging issues they have effectively killed the goose that laid the golden egg .. if you get my drift! ;-)

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:14 PM

WGTadmin2:

I hope this insight is helpful. The leveling system is meant to deal with the large number of players who wish to get better equipment but never could in the past since they could never drop their average scores low enough to change tiers.  This led to a lot of quit games and score padding  to only record your best scores to move up tiers.  Many times this lead to players being in tiers they did not "belong", plus the frustration of people quitting in the middle of rounds.

With the new system the tiers are meant to group people of similar skill and not a mechanism of advancement.  Players who focus on their tier and try to climb the tier ladder by not recording their all their scores will have a sub par experience.  The leveling system is now the primary mechanism to advance.  Everyone can level up and access all the equipment in due time.

And as we have explained this only benefits the sandbagger. They will be able stay in the lowers tiers and easy tee's while obtaining the exact equipment as the players who are honest and progress through the tiers. This has been pointed out many times both before after the upgrades from the "insights" and experiences from your players.

I find it most demeaning that you didn't even bother to respond to this post accurately. You just spouted the WGT rhetoric.  Nobody mentioned levels. What was being discussed it the fact that  the changes have destroyed inter tier play in the MPC and ready goes games by creating an unfair class of player who is not similarly placed due to skill. 

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:21 PM

ironking34:

Go to fullsize image.........WE MUST BE VELY QUIET.....INSTEAD OF PAYING ATTENTION TO OUR ISSUES IT SEEMS LIKE WGT IS MORE INTERESTED IN LOCKING POSTS CITING PERSONAL ATTACKS....

Re: Game Over
    By WGTadmin2 in Announcements & News

This thread is being locked since it has degraded into personal attacks.

Also this one called WGT has Cancer

thread is locked, please refrain from personal attacks on other players.

WAY TO GO WGT NOW SHOW UP YOU REALLY CARE AND FIX THE MESS YOU MADE WITH THE MOST RECENT UPDATE.

lol...nice.

WGTamin2 uses the oldest forum moderation trick in the book. Rather than removing/editing offending posts and admonishing those hurling personal attacks, you lock a legitimate topic which contains subject matter critical of your policies in hopes that the entire thread will slowly drop off into the abyss of inactive topics.

Sad.

• terildan
    6 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:22 PM

agree 

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:23 PM

Kaslo:
    What was being discussed it the fact that  the changes have destroyed inter tier play in the MPC and ready goes games by creating an unfair class of player who is not similarly placed due to skill. 

I don't think we're ever going to get an answer about that....so basically someone at master or tour master if they wanted can hit 10 shot per hole for every hole then finish the round I will level up because they completed the round and had enough hits....lol.....also, is there some great driver or iron set waiting for the legend when they hit level 90-100.....WGT any insights????

RSS