Help › Forums

Re: Wgt be conservative with a Legend driver

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:41 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 4:06 PM

I remember back being a pro in the old system and making master. A week went by and pretty soon courses were buckling under me. We can consider what wgt has to work with and come up with ideas that will keep it from being a legend run game as it was a master run game. There's the championship greens. Yet anyone playing a legend will be forced to play on those too.

These courses are maxed out in distance from what I can tell and once you start selling equipment to dominate the game as the masters did although Legends only should have it, once it's sold there is no going back. When the 275 drivers exceeded the others by so much you could argue the masters deserve them, they've played the most games, spent the most money, and btw broken the most mouses.

Now with the courses maxed out there are two ideals I could come up with to make everyone happy but I'm not sure one of them is something wgt can pull off. The first would mean admitting a mistake in putting too much yardage on the master drivers and backing them down ten yards. It doesn't sound very profitable though.The legends could keep theirs at the full yardage or be able to buy them anew. Perhaps another fire sale.

The second is probably what is will evolve and that's a driver for Legends only that will go further. Now if they go and up the yardages the same percentage as they did before that would be foolish. Some of the lowest averages which were, correct me if I'm wrong, 54ish could go to 50ish. At that point all they have to combat the lowest scores is the championship greens which will eventually get conquered also.

One biggie that needs to be changed and yes many buddies will be playing a round together and there will still be disconnects and there will be complaints. Per tier needs to be an option for tees in practice as well as tournament greens and maybe championship greens. Yet if a ranked round is started it should be finished no matter what. The choice should be resume game or log out . Log out and log back in same thing.  It will put a stop to the stupid low averages that exceed the lowest score achieved in a PGA event of 59. Now there's more legends that should be tour masters from dumping rounds they didn't start out birdi birdi and finish way under par. I heard it every day on skype similar to "Well I guess I won't be finishing this round. I worked too hard to get my average down to where it is."

If they only up the driver to 285 they can always go more via newer clubs or longer balls only available to legends. Where wgt needs to be conservative and the point of this post is if they put on too much yardage to a legend driver it's there probably forever just as they can't take yardage off the 275.  At least that's my guess.And as I said the yardages are maxed out. There's no room for mistakes at this point.  I'm guessing before the master tiers and master clubs there weren't so many of what I call stupid low averages. And if needed they can also back the tour master tees a bit here and there. Also if they go too far with distance on legend balls there needs to be a rebate given if they need to be eliminated.

PS I'm really hoping with all the thought that went into this post that I will get an admin response here. To them I add thank you and I'm enjoying the new challenge yet I'm starting to believe I'm in the minority.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 4:24 PM

Someone posted an idea yesterday about a thumbs up or down on players to give them a ranking like Ebay has, this along with a legend driver will probably stop the deluge of comments on this board.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:03 PM

6packmike

Thank you for you well thought out post.  You are correct in your assessment that the courses distances are maxed out due to the realities of real world course constraints.  There is definitely some current pain in that it is difficult to reach certain fairways from the tee but there will be some clubs or balls that will help this in the future.  This being said we are very concerned about excessive yardages just as the PGA Tour.  There is a fine balance to be had and we will conservative.  There is just so much more to the game than just bombing it off the tee and course management is something we will try to play up in the game.

To address your other points we are going to clean up the practice game options and hopefully enable more conditions. Also we are evaluating more changes to help alleviate some of the issues causing dropped games.  The leveling system since it's release has already drastically increased the number of completed multi-player rounds.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:25 PM

WGTadmin2:

6packmike

Thank you for you well thought out post.  You are correct in your assessment that the courses distances are maxed out due to the realities of real world course constraints.  There is definitely some current pain in that it is difficult to reach certain fairways from the tee but there will be some clubs or balls that will help this in the future.  This being said we are very concerned about excessive yardages just as the PGA Tour.  There is a fine balance to be had and we will conservative.  There is just so much more to the game than just bombing it off the tee and course management is something we will try to play up in the game.

To address your other points we are going to clean up the practice game options and hopefully enable more conditions. Also we are evaluating more changes to help alleviate some of the issues causing dropped games.  The leveling system since it's release has already drastically increased the number of completed multi-player rounds.

Not to sound rude but WHEN or at least an idea would do quite fine!

:-D

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:49 PM

We will let you know as soon as I know. 

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:38 PM

Thank you for finally giving us some answers....I appreciate it, while late, I appreciate it. 

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:41 PM

WGTadmin2:

We will let you know as soon as I know. 

Sorry but your response here confuses me.

Are we (the payers players) here to believe that the Administrator of this internet site is not "in the know"

If this is so, then who is "in the know"?

Not a very positive sign, Is it?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:51 PM

WGTadmin2:
    course distances are maxed out due to the realities of real world course constraints.

Could this be explained a little more.

Why can't WGT just back-off the tee-box yardages a little bit? 12 to 15 yards would make a bit of a difference.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:33 AM

GoldCard:

Are we (the payers players) here to believe that the Administrator of this internet site is not "in the know"

I would say at this time nobody at WGT knows when it will be tweaked.  Its a complex problem and my guess is they are still working on finding solutions that don't cause too many other problems.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:04 PM

andyson:

GoldCard:

I would say at this time nobody at WGT knows when it will be tweaked.  Its a complex problem and my guess is they are still working on finding solutions that don't cause too many other problems.

Andy,

With respect:)

I was hoping for an answer from the only people that actually know the correct answer ... If in fact they do know?

We as players could just go on speculating/assuming forever and still never be correct, because honestly we don't know ..Do we?

• PAGES
RSS