Forums

Help › Forums

nice update

Fri, Jan 29 2010 9:04 AM (79 replies)
  • mannyo68
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:26 AM
    I can't believe the sentiment that suggests this update is acceptable. The improvements are commendable but not having a new course to play is not acceptable. I could not wait to log on today as soon as time allowed to see if I could play St. Andrews in stroke play. I was dreaming all night waiting for the update to be complete with visions of how the course would look and play. I was very disappointed to find that I will have to wait once again. I am such a newbie having only joined in December that I should have more patience but I love playing this game and want a new course to challenge me. As far as the updates that were completed. I like the reorganized ball section. I could care less about another putter. Had a hard enough time with the Redwood. Swapped to the Spider and I am never going back. The one improvement that I really like is the multiple angles that are available for tee and approach shots. I think the approach is the most important part of this game and any extra info will definitely help. I played 27 already and know that these extra angles helped me get closer on some holes where the old view had you looking at it from a crooked angle. I do not agree with Oak about it helping the time clock at all. There are way too many people who think the 90 seconds is a God given right and will take all the time allowed on very important shots. These angles will just make their slow games that much slower. I try to avoid these players. An option to change this shot clock would be great but that is another thread. The main point is that not having a new course is UNACCEPTABLE. No word from WGT of why or when is also unacceptable. Just my opinion.
    1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:35 AM

mannyo68:
    I am such a newbie having only joined in December that I should have more patience but I love playing this game and want a new course to challenge me.
    Dude.... talk to me in 6 months (that's how long it's been since Bethpage was released tee to green)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:41 AM

mannyo68:
    but not having a new course to play is not acceptable. I could not wait to log on today as soon as time allowed to see if I could play St. Andrews in stroke play.

They never said it would be released today.  That was rampant speculation fueled by the community.  Unfortunately, you and a few others set yourselves up for a let down there. =(

The Product Release thread says 30 to 60 days until the release of St. Andrews.  That was updated last on January 7th.  Personally, I did not expect St. Andrews with this update because I figured that was wishful thinking to have it a mere 21 days later.  I still had my fingers crossed like everyone else, but I'm also not totally surprised it's not there either.

I hear you on the new course thing, believe me.  There are only a handful of players who have actively had an account here longer than myself.  When I became an active participant on the site the ONLY course was a 9-hole CTTH on Bali!  It wasn't until nearly 10 months later they opened up stroke play on the front side of Kiawah.  I've patiently waited 2 years to get to this point, I can deal with a few more weeks.

Patience is king.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:44 AM

True.

Try months and months of ONLY CTTH at Bali Hai.   Talk about boring.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:45 AM

marioh:

True.

Back in the day.....

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:47 AM

I just ran across the Ready Go leaderboard and thanks so much WGT for putting the time and how many scores are posted.

The Pro Shop is nice also.

It is much appreciated by me and others as well.

Thanks for the updates!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:47 AM

marioh:

True.

Back in the day.....

I have a serious dislike of CTTH due to those days, lol.

It's only been recently that I've started playing CTTH again.

• mannyo68
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:55 AM

Dude, 

I realize my lack of patience and said as much in my post.  Don't you think the promise of a course in 30 to 60 days deserves some explanation when it is not delivered?  Or, as someone else mentioned, a heads up that it would not be part of an update?  Why give people false hope?  There were four things listed in the 30-60 time frame and the new course is the only one that was not delivered.  Why?  That is all I was saying.....Dude!!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:57 AM

mannyo68:
    Don't you think the promise of a course in 30 to 60 days deserves some explanation when it is not delivered?

Of course, but we gotta get past the 30 day mark first before we can hold it against them. =)

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:05 AM

mannyo68:

Dude, 

I realize my lack of patience and said as much in my post.  Don't you think the promise of a course in 30 to 60 days deserves some explanation when it is not delivered?  Or, as someone else mentioned, a heads up that it would not be part of an update?  Why give people false hope?  There were four things listed in the 30-60 time frame and the new course is the only one that was not delivered.  Why?  That is all I was saying.....Dude!!

The UPDATE DATE on that announcement is incorrect. It reads 1/7/2009 but should have been 1/7/2010 I believe. It has only been 20 days.

RSS