Forums

Help › Forums

nice update

Fri, Jan 29 2010 9:04 AM (79 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:08 AM

LOL AvatarLee - just as you asked I EDIT/UPDATED my original post to say YES - I did clear the caches).

I am going to hit some balls a bit later (after lunch - it is 11 AM in Atlanta as I type) to see if I am still noticing this.

Great timing!  AC

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:09 AM

jayjonbeach:
    a putting green and driving range to try out new clubs would be especially helpful (more so than the distance markers IMO), saving replays in multiplayer modes, reputation tracking, timer options, just to name a few more.

Don't hold your breath. Consider yourself lucky if any of the above features are implemented in the game in 2010

WGT has a long way to go to make the game play the way everyone would like. It's disappointing in a sense, but worth the wait nonetheless. I'm hoping all the features mentioned above are ready for play by 2012.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:10 AM

YankeeJim:

Another use would be to let you see where your clubs land before rolling out. Set up practice conditions and map your club flights.

(trying to find a plus in the update)

That there is a good idea I will have to try.  I didn't notice any markers not on the green but haven't looked too much yet.  

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:13 AM

JoelWhite:

NormH3 asks....

"What were you using previously?"

I've been using the Redwood since I made the Pro tier. The slower meter speed helps me alot....not a gamer here, rather I'm a 55yo golfer that has trouble with buttons instead of slices :)

I hear ya. 52 here..just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can hit the course a bit more often. Thanks for the "review"

• badtigger
    163 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:43 AM

NormH3:

JoelWhite:

NormH3 asks....

"What were you using previously?"

I've been using the Redwood since I made the Pro tier. The slower meter speed helps me alot....not a gamer here, rather I'm a 55yo golfer that has trouble with buttons instead of slices :)

I hear ya. 52 here..just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can hit the course a bit more often. Thanks for the "review"

come on, guys, when you gonna realize that there more worried about $$ more then they are about new courses, If any-one buys those silly clothes, then I know your all not there, and who cares about the balls, there all the same, and I be danged, if I waist my $$ on clothes, just give us the course U promised all of us, or is that just another lie to keep people from bugging you, If no new course at least fix the meter problem that's been going on 4 ever, or the rapture clubs, that never hit like there supposed to, I'll be danged If I spend any- more $$ on here to we get any kind of course will do just fine, quit lying about it, 30 to 60 days already been here and gone,and actually I've been getting pretty good at that new tigerwoods game, and the best part is it,s free, and a lot more courses to chose from!! and don't get me wrong I like this game 2, but tired of the same old courses all the time!!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:47 AM

A question on the update and the changes to the RG's ....

I noticed 3 tournaments 1922, 1925 and 1926 (two which I participated in) that show all 50 players entered have finishted and it definately shows those who have WD as part of the 50 however it still says there are 2, 4 or 7 hours left until the tournament is completed.      If the RG's were supposed to be finished in 24 hours after the last person signed up or when all 50 have finished (the sooner of the two) then these 3 should be completed.    

Hopefully the 12 hour limit will help free up more RG's to play but will it be 12 hours from the time the last person entered ... regardless of when all 50 finish ???    Just curious as to how this is going to work.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 9:21 AM

badtigger:

come on, guys, when you gonna realize that there more worried about $ more then they are about new courses, If any-one buys those silly clothes, then I know your all not there, and who cares about the balls, there all the same, and I be danged, if I waist my $ on clothes, just give us the course U promised all of us, or is that just another lie to keep people from bugging you, If no new course at least fix the meter problem that's been going on 4 ever, or the rapture clubs, that never hit like there supposed to, I'll be danged If I spend any- more $ on here to we get any kind of course will do just fine, quit lying about it, 30 to 60 days already been here and gone,and actually I've been getting pretty good at that new tigerwoods game, and the best part is it,s free, and a lot more courses to chose from!! and don't get me wrong I like this game 2, but tired of the same old courses all the time!!

badtigger...

No one is asking you to spend any money.  You can play for free for Infinity as the policies currently stand.  Members who spend money choose to do so voluntarily.

The degree to which persons have voluntarily decided to spend money suggests that a good number believe that WGT is "good enough to pay for."  

I personally have no problem with WGT earning enough $$ to take care of itself AND maybe even earn a bit of profit.

Why do you have an allergy to WGT making some money to support a site that ANY of us could play for free, if we chose to do so?  I am just curious why this seems to be a source of anger.  

The entertainment I have received from WGT over the course of a year now is worth far more than any $$ involved.

Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 9:52 AM

The distances markers are the true gem in this update.  Very cool when paired with the multiple view zoom.  Now no more time wasted dragging my arrow to edges of greens, fairways, or bunkers.  Big time saver on the shot clock for sure.  Job well done.

I'm somewhat skeptical with the new Ready Go timeline.  Like the new layout and modifications very much, but is 12 hours enough to still give a chance to a greater spectrum of players to finish in the money (and not anything under 15th place, btw)?

I know that some of the more casual players like to whine sometimes about not playing the same Ready-Go's often enough, but if this was allowed then what they don't realize is that they would hardly ever finish in the money because the best players who like to 5-10+ rounds per day would also have the same option.   The increased competition would place them out.

So I guess I'm curious what effect this new timeline has on the average scores that finish in the money.  Will it lower theses scores or simply just increased the tournaments played per day?  I'm sure tournys will fill up faster and may even double the number played per day, which of course fiscally benefits WGT.

Right now it seems for the most part that a score of 2 under par on a 9 hole Ready-Go and -4 on a 18 Hole Ready-Go is enough to win you your money back.  3 under and 6 under respectively most likely will get you a top 10 and double your investment.   Will this change?  Will it go lower and by how much?  My guess is that it goes lower by almost a stroke.  I hope that I'm wrong.  It would be nice to make these competitive for players of different levels to win money and not discourage Pro level players from entering these.  

Time will tell and this will be interesting to observe while wearing my new tartan white trousers.   Very snazzy!

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:01 AM

AtlantaCoaster:

badtigger...

No one is asking you to spend any money.  You can play for free for Infinity as the policies currently stand.  Members who spend money choose to do so voluntarily.

The degree to which persons have voluntarily decided to spend money suggests that a good number believe that WGT is "good enough to pay for."  

I personally have no problem with WGT earning enough $ to take care of itself AND maybe even earn a bit of profit.

Why do you have an allergy to WGT making some money to support a site that ANY of us could play for free, if we chose to do so?  I am just curious why this seems to be a source of anger.  

The entertainment I have received from WGT over the course of a year now is worth far more than any $ involved.

Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

Very well said. I wonder how many realize that if WGT doesn't make money, it will dry up and blow away. I'm off to buy a new pair of blue tartan trousers.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:16 AM

OaktheToke:

The distances markers are the true gem in this update.  Very cool when paired with the multiple view zoom.  Now no more time wasted dragging my arrow to edges of greens, fairways, or bunkers.  Big time saver on the shot clock for sure.  Job well done.

I'm somewhat skeptical with the new Ready Go timeline.  Like the new layout and modifications very much, but is 12 hours enough to still give a chance to a greater spectrum of players to finish in the money (and not anything under 15th place, btw)?

I know that some of the more casual players like to whine sometimes about not playing the same Ready-Go's often enough, but if this was allowed then what they don't realize is that they would hardly ever finish in the money because the best players who like to 5-10+ rounds per day would also have the same option.   The increased competition would place them out.

So I guess I'm curious what effect this new timeline has on the average scores that finish in the money.  Will it lower theses scores or simply just increased the tournaments played per day?  I'm sure tournys will fill up faster and may even double the number played per day, which of course fiscally benefits WGT.

Right now it seems for the most part that a score of 2 under par on a 9 hole Ready-Go and -4 on a 18 Hole Ready-Go is enough to win you your money back.  3 under and 6 under respectively most likely will get you a top 10 and double your investment.   Will this change?  Will it go lower and by how much?  My guess is that it goes lower by almost a stroke.  I hope that I'm wrong.  It would be nice to make these competitive for players of different levels and not discourage better Pro level players from entering these.  

Time will tell and this will be interesting to observe.  

Good question and one that I have also thought about.  I suspect there may be a temporary lowering of the scores needed to finish in the money and at a profit, possibly 1-2 strokes less may be needed.

But as players, specifically the top players, start raking in the credits and end up with more than they know what to do with, there could be a drop off in participation by those players resulting in the scoring coming back down to the levels needed right now.

RSS