Help › Forums

nice update

Fri, Jan 29 2010 9:04 AM (79 replies)
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:11 AM

mannyo68:
    Dude, 

I realize my lack of patience and said as much in my post.  Don't you think the promise of a course in 30 to 60 days deserves some explanation when it is not delivered?  Or, as someone else mentioned, a heads up that it would not be part of an update?  Why give people false hope?  There were four things listed in the 30-60 time frame and the new course is the only one that was not delivered.  Why?  That is all I was saying.....Dude!!

Chillax man, this isn't life or death its just online golf.  I'm sure the halmark card with a heads up from the company just got lost in the mail.

So what if the course wasn't quite ready and there were still more bugs than in Beetlejuice?  Then either they let people know in advance that its not ready quite yet and people whine on these forums.  Or they release a subpar product which in turn people get their panties in a wad and come on here and again whine in these forums.

Whatever they do they won't please the e-masses.  Just take a chill-pill and try to realize ....................................

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present."  

:)

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:13 AM

manny, with all due respect to your vast knowledge and mastery of the two courses we already have here, wgt is not going run out a new course just to meet some imaginary deadline. if you are struggling with the courses we have to play now wait till you get a look at a 150ft putt on the old course with 5 breaks and elavation changes. a month and a half in can't play the courses we have, get back on the course head down keep moving. gonna give benefit of doubt on this one, minor glitch with st. andrews is most likely deal. btw give the redwood a little bit more time before you chuck it in the closet, theres a reason 95% of the top players use it. thx. JB

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:16 AM

OaktheToke:
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present."
    LOL... well said Oogway!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:20 AM

OaktheToke:

The distances markers are the true gem in this update.  Very cool when paired with the multiple view zoom.  Now no more time wasted dragging my arrow to edges of greens, fairways, or bunkers.  Big time saver on the shot clock for sure.  Job well done.

Come one now, is this some of your getting well known sarcasm, or were you really trying to figure out edge of the green and not estimating? 

I guess true precision is not something I've had to worry about too much with the starter clubs.....

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:20 AM

OaktheToke:

LOL... well said Oogway!

Actually I stole it from Mike Ditka on ESPN's NFL Countdown ;)

jayjonbeach:
    Come one now, is this some of your getting well known sarcasm, or were you really trying to figure out edge of the green and not estimating?

Yes, mostly when hitting from rough, fairway bunker or an unfamiliar spot.  I want to know how much I need to carry, whether to the green, over an obstacle or to the edge of the fairway.  Or going for Par 5's in 2.  More information with minimal effort is always greatly appreciated.  However playing the same course hundreds of times does breed subconscious familiarity.  I would never play a round of golf in real life either without my Golfcard or Airvue app for my iphone.  

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:26 AM

OaktheToke:

OaktheToke:

LOL... well said Oogway!

That is a good one, like it a lot.   Here is another that applies which some here might also like and find helpful....

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned". 

None other than Buddha

• mannyo68
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:34 AM

NormH3:

The UPDATE DATE on that announcement is incorrect. It reads 1/7/2009 but should have been 1/7/2010 I believe. It has only been 20 days.

It has been longer than that... It was on the 30-60 day list back in December when I joined.  Love the quote Oak and will try to "chillax" although I don't remember being stressed.  I can't believe no else agrees with the lack of communication which is the main problem that I have.  Are all of you guys that are bashing me on the WGT payroll or just love drinking their Kool-aid?  By the way Benny.... I still and will keep plugging away trying to master the currently available courses but don't see myself spending anymore than the $70+  I have invested into the game until another course becomes available.  NO matter how nice the new pants look!  Still think the Redwood blows....  I will try it again in 2 months when we are still waiting for a new course.     

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:45 AM

OaktheToke:

If I may shift gears for a moment gentleman, coach Ditka vs. a Hurricane, who would win? Keep in mind that the name of the Hurricane is Hurricane Ditka.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:50 AM

nice george wendt reset niv, back when snl was a comedy show lol.

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:51 AM

Wow if this is how you act here how do you act in person.

RSS