Forums

Help › Forums

nice update

Fri, Jan 29 2010 9:04 AM (79 replies)
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:07 AM

I think it appropriate that we have the ability to wear tartan at St. Andrews. My guess is the Olde Course is not too far away. Glad to see that things are progressing.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:10 AM

JoelWhite:

I just bought the new putter....pretty sweet :)

What were you using previously?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:10 AM

I'm not finding the distance markers especially helpful and might just turn them off to save on memory.

Some things much higher on the priority list would be nice rather than this and new pants, there are piles of them to mention, some even on the road map like

- Shot-shaping and stance controls

- Up/Down/Side hill lies

These are critcial to the game play and a big adjustment for everyone, more so than new pants! 

Also from the player suggestion list, a putting green and driving range to try out new clubs would be especially helpful (more so than the distance markers IMO), saving replays in multiplayer modes, reputation tracking, timer options, just to name a few more.

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:25 AM

NormH3 asks....

"What were you using previously?"

I've been using the Redwood since I made the Pro tier. The slower meter speed helps me alot....not a gamer here, rather I'm a 55yo golfer that has trouble with buttons instead of slices :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:27 AM

The distance markers may turn out to be a nice addition if they are lined up like I think they are.  By the looks of them it seems the green markers are lined up on the line from the golfer to the hole. If this is the case then aiming for wind would be easier. Because of the different looks you get in the zoom mode you can never really be sure you're adjusting aim in the correct direction on the line from you to the pin. You see it from the side a lot and have to think crookedly. Now there are 4 points to define this line and adjusting to the now clearly "visible" line should be more accurate from a side view.

Another use would be to let you see where your clubs land before rolling out. Set up practice conditions and map your club flights.

(trying to find a plus in the update)

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:48 AM

YankeeJim:

(trying to find a plus in the update)

Let me know when you do...Im still looking.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:59 AM

The putter (left / right) indicator seem to be freezing with this new update. It's only when I actually release my putter that I can see the width band has changed. Is it a bug, or have I missed something ?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:01 AM

Ready-Gos are better organized.  They only show what you can enter at any given time from the game client window.

Golf ball selection is easier plus multiple 3-packs at purchase, also it is better organized.

Bought the Daytona putter, will try it shortly. 

As for St. Andrews, as I said, don't rush them, when its released it will be great.  I suspect it will be on the next product release.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:03 AM

I like the update - it has "cleaned up" a number of things.

I must echo blackbeard's comment.  Something is definitely odd with the putting indicator right as I strike my putts.  Exactly what he describes.  It is actually DISTRACTING - somewhat akin to a flashbulb going off right as I am putting.  Can WGT please look at this?  I am very surprised if this is functioning as intended.

(Before you ask YES I cleared caches etc etc etc. )

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:06 AM

AtlantaCoaster:

I like the update - it has "cleaned up" a number of things.

I must echo blackbeard's comment.  Something is definitely odd with the putting indicator right as I strike my putts.  Exactly what he describes.  It is actually DISTRACTING - somewhat akin to a flashbulb going off right as I am putting.  Can WGT please look at this?  I am very surprised if this is functioning as intended.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

Did you guys clear your caches before you played with the new update?

RSS