Forums

Help › Forums

cheaters

Thu, Mar 30 2023 6:18 AM (111 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 2:30 PM

Yiannis1970:
    BTW i use only the ''aids'' for putting (eventhough i hardly see any difference). No other stuff for clubs, not even driver.

the aids for putting, depending on your style can get thrown off by the putting enhancements.  so you have to find what works best for you and your method.  

in the showdown, restricting your apparel enhancements, is possibly costing you a stroke or two easily on certain courses, if you are referring to the boosted apparel distances for driver, 3wd or irons.

--what I mean is - on a course like Wolf Creek from the forward tees, dialing back driver can be tricky from my experience, but a boosted maxed out 3wd - is nearly ideal for several short par 4's.  if you know those holes are in play - it is wise to have it in play.

however, the challenge is the other courses and holes in play, because a large gap between your 3i and 3wd can be tricky to finesse some of the longer par 3's on say Congo or RSG - where in those cases a maxed out 3i - which plays similar to a 3wd but with better forgiveness and reliability can give you a better shot at birdies on those holes where the boosted 3wd is too much and the default 3i with a headwind may not be enough.

depending on the mix of courses / holes involved - how a coin room player sets up their apparel can easily give them a slightly better shot at eagles on par 4's and maybe bridies on par 3's.

-- I personally have played boosted irons even though it means learning and keeping an extra set of notes to remember how they play - but I have found you can play a much cheaper ball just as competitively as a higher end ball that is sometimes needed with default irons.  this is mostly from my experience and observations of coin room play and it often depends on the comfort of the player.  

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 2:38 PM

el3n1:

Yiannis1970:
    BTW i use only the ''aids'' for putting (eventhough i hardly see any difference). No other stuff for clubs, not even driver.

the aids for putting, depending on your style can get thrown off by the putting enhancements.  so you have to find what works best for you and your method.  

in the showdown, restricting your apparel enhancements, is possibly costing you a stroke or two easily on certain courses, if you are referring to the boosted apparel distances for driver, 3wd or irons.

--what I mean is - on a course like Wolf Creek from the forward tees, dialing back driver can be tricky from my experience, but a boosted maxed out 3wd - is nearly ideal for several short par 4's.  if you know those holes are in play - it is wise to have it in play.

however, the challenge is the other courses and holes in play, because a large gap between your 3i and 3wd can be tricky to finesse some of the longer par 3's on say Congo or RSG - where in those cases a maxed out 3i - which plays similar to a 3wd but with better forgiveness and reliability can give you a better shot at birdies on those holes where the boosted 3wd is too much and the default 3i with a headwind may not be enough.

depending on the mix of courses / holes involved - how a coin room player sets up their apparel can easily give them a slightly better shot at eagles on par 4's and maybe bridies on par 3's.

-- I personally have played boosted irons even though it means learning and keeping an extra set of notes to remember how they play - but I have found you can play a much cheaper ball just as competitively as a higher end ball that is sometimes needed with default irons.  this is mostly from my experience and observations of coin room play and it often depends on the comfort of the player.  

I hear you but i prefer to play normally without any kind of boosting on irons or wood or driver. I play SD only for fun, not willing to change irons etc to gain one or two holes. The only time i play the coin rooms is only on SD, so i don't see the reason to get bothered about. I was playing at the start (when they have been introduced) but almost never ever since.

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2023 9:11 AM

el3n1:

a large gap between your 3i and 3wd can be tricky to finesse some of the longer par 3's on say Congo or RSG - where in those cases a maxed out 3i - which plays similar to a 3wd but with better forgiveness and reliability can give you a better shot at birdies on those holes where the boosted 3wd is too much and the default 3i with a headwind may not be enough.

I'd just like to point out that, depending on the level of your apparel, a boosted Mizuno 3W can be pretty close distance-wise to an unboosted Callaway 3W.  For example, my L99 Callaway 3W goes 250 yds without apparel.  My L90 Mizuno 3W goes 254 yds with apparel (L6 Rare Max Shirt), and it has 5.5 forgiveness, which is the highest of any club on WGT.  So that's something to consider. 

(I know this is off-topic, but I think the subject of "cheaters" and the personal barbs have been beaten to death.)

• callaghan159
    6,224 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2023 12:23 PM

SamSpayed:
    (I know this is off-topic, but I think the subject of "cheaters" and the personal barbs have been beaten to death.)

agree

SamSpayed:
    large gap between your 3i and 3wd can be tricky to finesse

this is my biggest problem at the moment. I have no apparel for my irons but 3 wood i do and I am having a hard time figuring the dist with my 3 wood at 85 to 95% power, but I am getting there. lol

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2023 3:53 PM

callaghan159:
    I have no apparel for my irons but 3 wood i do and I am having a hard time figuring the dist with my 3 wood at 85 to 95% power, but I am getting there. lol

you have gifted many over the years in some of the former charitable events - if you want to drop me a message or friend invite, I will see if I can help you sort this out.  I believe in the past you were playing the higher end balls, but you appear to have a L51 Volvik in the bag now.  either way, the offer is there for you.

SamSpayed:
    My L90 Mizuno 3W goes 254 yds with apparel (L6 Rare Max Shirt), and it has 5.5 forgiveness, which is the highest of any club on WGT.  So that's something to consider. 

my boosted 3i is listed as 241 - and from the tee with a decent ball will also play around 255 on a flater spin setting - that changes with different balls. but it is why i like the boosted irons.

not dismissing your assessment of the mizuno - but 3wd in general are not clubs I rely on for precision play but positioning.  you might get a dart once in a while - but even dinged shots can be erratic with them.  I did a brief testing of the mizuno on a free trial but didn't see much of a difference for me.  others like it though, so it can still be a good choice.

----

-- sent DM to the question below for clarification.

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2023 9:54 PM

el3n1:
    my boosted 3i is listed as 241 - and from the tee with a decent ball will also play around 255 on a flatter spin setting - that changes with different balls. but it is why i like the boosted irons.

Ed, just curious.  Have you mapped your boosted irons with your preferred ball? 

I know a lot of players are very vocal about not using any apparel that boosts iron distance or iron spin.  But I've always thought that it could be a great way to improve your performance in apparel-on games if you take the time to map out a "2nd set of numbers" for your boosted irons.  For example, with boosted iron distance, you could be hitting a lower-lofted club (eg. a 7 iron instead of a 6 iron) on your tee shot or approach, which would give you more control.

• Sharrison1956
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 8:23 AM

Thank you Pat. I'm in agreement with you 100%. Back when I was playing the old Jack Nicklaus 6 game under the name Selekto, there were some players that just couldn't miss.

On this game, I found a video about a program that some are using to get the ball in the hole. I think it was from one of the #1 players here like YOUNG. I'll have to do some research. I've been playing here since 2011 and have never had an all 18 hole birdie score like a few of these. 

RSS