skip nav

Forums

Help › Forums

Multi-accounters / restarters

Wed, Sep 28 2022 1:55 PM (36 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 9:46 AM

GDPR is a restriction made for every site to protect ''allegedly'' the users for collecting data without their consent. Apple what has to do with this? Apple is a hardware and software manufacturer which can impose the use of GDPR ONLY on its products. Can't deliberate directives on other sites how to deal with the situation.

So, explain to me please, how a european regulation, which has no application in US legislation,  obliges WGT or any WGT to conform with Apple's directives. I am speaking legally here and not from business point of view. Surely WGT doesn't want to lose a major player like Apple so will conform with what Apple says, however, Apple's directive is legally unfounded. To make the long story short, Apple can't compel anyone to apply GDPR especially in this case where there's no correspondent legislation behind to give that right.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 11:43 AM

Yiannis1970:
    So, explain to me please, how a european regulation, which has no application in US legislation,  obliges WGT or any WGT to conform with Apple's directives. I am speaking legally here and not from business point of view.

Good work, glad I'm not paying for it ;-)

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 2:26 PM

It's ten years and 2 companies and I never saw a game free from multiaccounters .. restarters and banned players back in the game.  So what is the real reason of this thread ? Nobody can stop it.  Let's say I get banned now.. nobody can stop me to use a vpn (always Italy ) and start a new profile .  How many players used multiaccounts to get 300 400 Cr till lvl 20 and then mouve the credits in their main one. Or people opening 10 windows with an emulator to run ads and make credits.. in the time people tried all the possibilities to make credits opening accounts.  Wgt was not able to stop it. Topgolf is not able to stop them.. nobody can stop people from opening new accounts . So if it s possible restart a new account from Apple it doesn t change anything. Who would stop his lvl 100 accounts with all the equipped stuff (around 20.000 Cr of equipment) to start a new account lvl 1 is the same guy that can do the same with his main account active and a new account to play low tier tournaments. So it doesn t change anything. In this specific case wgtnico (if I m not wrong) said it was required from Android and Apple (I guess to be on their market ) to have a delete account botton. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 2:40 PM

There's an old saying that an honour bar never makes money. Golfers are supposed to police themselves, with integrity at the forefront of qualities displayed.

I've read so many posts about multis and cheaters and sandbaggers...I'm very pleased, nay relieved, that I now just focus on the forums and PMs with my friends..

ct

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 3:20 PM

Yiannis1970:
    So, explain to me please, how a european regulation, which has no application in US legislation,  obliges WGT or any WGT to conform with Apple's directives. I am speaking legally here and not from business point of view. Surely WGT doesn't want to lose a major player like Apple so will conform with what Apple says, however, Apple's directive is legally unfounded. To make the long story short, Apple can't compel anyone to apply GDPR especially in this case where there's no correspondent legislation behind to give that right.

Is that question to the forum? lol, I doubt anyone wants to try to defend apples legal position. 

BUT I am sure Apples legal team is highly paid and know what they are doing. Your probably right, but if your a Lawyer...You certainly understand that being right does not mean winning a case or preventing yourself from suits being brought.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 3:43 PM

Apple is a powerful company that can do whatever likes, with rain or shine (legally or not legally). This is the moral of your post....at least, what i receive from it.

I am sure they know what they are doing...they are untouchable, this is what they are doing.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 4:59 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Apple is a powerful company that can do whatever likes

THIS FROM APPLE:

"Account deletion within apps required starting January 31

The updates to App Store Review Guideline 5.1.1 last June provided users with greater control over their personal data, stating that all apps that allow for account creation must also allow users to initiate deletion of their account from within the app. This requirement applies to all app submissions starting January 31, 2022. We encourage you to review any laws that may require you to maintain certain types of data, and to make sure your app clearly explains what data your app collects, how it collects that data, all uses of that data, your data retention/deletion policies, and more as described in the guideline. Examples of this type of data include electronic health records, and sales and warranty records. Please also confirm that the app privacy information on your product page is accurate."

It appears that Apple does, in fact, require all app providers to allow for account deletion. So, WGT actually had two choices:

1.  Disregard Applies guideline (requirement) which would then prevent apple product users from using WGT as an app; or

2.  Abide by Apples guidelines, allow the deletion of an account with the forewarning, once deleted, a new account could not then be opened.

Obviously, although option 2 is the most fair to all who play this "gentleman's game", it would result in loss revenues from all the apple users. In addition, to allow a member to delete an account, and restart a new account, would include some accounts where members may have made purchases and then deleted the account and started fresh, making more purchases. I would gather, it is better for business to allow restarts (fairness is not part of any profit margin).

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 5:14 PM

Been following this discussion for awhile now. As an Apple/iPad user somewhat confused. Anybody know where this delete account button is residing? Haven’t located one yet, but I have deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 2:36 AM

IamNicklaus:

Yiannis1970:

PS

If you intend GDPR, i don't know if it's valid in the States

1. Does GDPR Apply to the US?

Yes, the GDPR applies to the US (and all other countries worldwide). This is because Article 3 of the GDPR, which defines the law’s territorial scope, states that it not only applies to companies in the EU/EEA, but also to companies outside of the EU/EEA that serve (or track the data of) EU/EEA residents.

GDPR in the US: Requirements for US Companies - Termly

Thank you for the information. However, is not very good or well documented. It's obvious that the author is not a legal scholar or understands how he suppose to respond to question, such:

Does GDPR applies to US?

The answer that gives about why GDPR applies to US, is at least ridiculous. Article 3 talks about companies that are under european jurisdiction/legislation but spread their activities worldwide. Nothing close to whether GDPR has been approved and became a law overseas. In other words, on the above question, i need a number of a US law and not a general blah blah...

And i repeat...Apple has nothing to do imposing GDPR to third parties. Apple can conform its company  with the regulation but that's that.

And i repeat my question:

Why GDPR applies only to Apple and not to Microsoft?

PS

To make it easier to understand, Apple's/WGT case is like:

Buying a new car from Toyota and Toyota holds the right to withdraw the vehicle in case i don't pay a fine for speed limit.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 2:48 AM

HamdenPro:

Obviously, although option 2 is the most fair to all who play this "gentleman's game", it would result in loss revenues from all the apple users. In addition, to allow a member to delete an account, and restart a new account, would include some accounts where members may have made purchases and then deleted the account and started fresh, making more purchases. I would gather, it is better for business to allow restarts (fairness is not part of any profit margin).

Not to mention claims of the same nature from Microsoft users. If this is a Federal law has a uniform application for everyone....even for android users.

RSS