Multi-accounters / restarters

Wed, Sep 28 2022 1:55 PM (36 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 6:42 AM

DodgyPutter:

ct690911:

DodgyPutter:

As far as I know wgt allow restarting on Apple devices.  With that in mind it's hard to imagine others aren't allowed to restart but I haven't seen wgt comment on that.

After about a year of playing, I was locked out of my account. Nothing worked. I went to wgt and they enabled me to "restart" my account. I guess I'm saying there are circumstances where allowing a restart is the fair thing to do.

The problem is the perception that restarts and multi accounters then take advantage of the break to win matches or prizes that they wouldn't otherwise win.

I personally never cheated and I hope most players are also honest. I realize it only takes a few to spoil the barrel, but hope springs eternal.

ct

That's not really what I was talking about, if you notice in Mio's post they say they've restarted several times.

It's not a perception it's an actuality that people are doing this, and if they are doing it then surely it's to gain an advantage. 

There probably are a (very) few that do it for reasons like yours. The majority do it as they are allowed to, it isn't against the rules.  As I understand it on Apple devices there is a "restart" button, and you can press it whenever you want to.  I don't have an apple device to check this on, but Nico has confirmed it (I'm pretty sure but getting nervous as I'd think it'd be widely known).

It used to be that if you restarted, for whatever reason, you were not allowed to win credits until you reached your previous tier, that is certainly no longer the case or, at least, no longer enforced.

Like many things here many will know it's wrong but there is no stopping it, if Apple want such a button Wgt will say/have said "what colour would you like".  I don't know if it's the case or not but if it's only Apple devices then to me that's even worse.

Fair point Dodgy. TBH, I was merely pointing out that not all multi-accounters and restarts are cheats. Not by a long shot. But because of a few bad apples, the same brush is used. 

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have used your post as my segue, and for that I apologize.

cheers, my friend

ct

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 12:08 PM

ct690911:

Fair point Dodgy. TBH, I was merely pointing out that not all multi-accounters and restarts are cheats. Not by a long shot. But because of a few bad apples, the same brush is used. 

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have used your post as my segue, and for that I apologize.

cheers, my friend

ct

Lol Colin it's been pointed out to me that I was being unclear/confusing.  We all have a restart button and what I was meaning was nothing to do with that. 

I should have said a delete account button.  Her's a bit of conversation about it.

WGT Nico — 21/07/2022

we have delete accounts available on apple now so someone can fully delete their accounts without us doing it

but there's also a note that signifies that the account was deleted, if you don't go through that process then you look just like a multi account

WGT Nico — 21/07/2022

apple gave us a deadline to implement so i couldn't remember if we hit both platforms

HPinCT — 21/07/2022

Seems anyone can then delete account, start new account, yes, has starters again, but with skill, then just another restart...hmmm

WGT Nico — 21/07/2022

it's a required thing to have on apple and android so they made us do it and set a deadline

[21:49]

so we added it

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 1:33 PM

DodgyPutter:
    they made us do it

If they told you to jump off a bridge would you do it???  That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard!  I very much doubt that Apple are paying WGT (it's just another app), therefore there's no reason they should be able to dictate what WGT should look like or what should/shouldn't be allowed.

We might as well all just create new accounts, gift the new accounts the best equipment we can, and begin sandbagging.  WGT have totally lost control of their own product!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 2:08 PM

MioKontic:
    We might as well all just create new accounts, gift the new accounts the best equipment we can, and begin sandbagging.  WGT have totally lost control of their own product!

That would be against the rules, I suppose a few could take turns quitting and equipping, lol some would find a workaround anyway.

I suspect you know this Mio but I'm pretty sure what Nico (not me however it may look) means is that if wgt want to be on the apple store they had to do as they were told. There must be games that say no to that though.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 3:22 AM

DodgyPutter:
    I suspect you know this Mio but I'm pretty sure what Nico (not me however it may look) means is that if wgt want to be on the apple store they had to do as they were told. There must be games that say no to that though.

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't implying you said it, it's just that it was in your post.  What I could have done is changed the header in that quote for it to look like this:

WGTNico:
    they made us do it

although I might get banned for indirectly misquoting  :)

With regards Apple, I very much doubt they would go into such detail to say a user/player has to have the option to delete his/her account and create a new one, I don't think they would care even a smidgeon about that!  It's all just about putting the blame on someone else, just like blaming Unity for the current videos for credits bug when I'm pretty sure it was WGT's doing.  Or like when you get a 'check your internet connection" error, even though your internet connection is perfectly fine as you are doing other internet stuff - again, blaming you rather than taking responsibility for their problems.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 3:57 AM

MioKontic:

DodgyPutter:

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't implying you said it, it's just that it was in your post.  What I could have done is changed the header in that quote for it to look like this:

WGTNico:
    they made us do it

although I might get banned for indirectly misquoting  :)

With regards Apple, I very much doubt they would go into such detail to say a user/player has to have the option to delete his/her account and create a new one, I don't think they would care even a smidgeon about that!  It's all just about putting the blame on someone else, just like blaming Unity for the current videos for credits bug when I'm pretty sure it was WGT's doing.  Or like when you get a 'check your internet connection" error, even though your internet connection is perfectly fine as you are doing other internet stuff - again, blaming you rather than taking responsibility for their problems.

Wrong once more ...perhaps do some research before blaming wgt for everything!

Account deletion within apps required starting January 31 - Latest News - Apple Developer

Account deletion within apps required starting January 31

The updates to App Store Review Guideline 5.1.1 last June provided users with greater control over their personal data, stating that all apps that allow for account creation must also allow users to initiate deletion of their account from within the app. This requirement applies to all app submissions starting January 31, 2022. We encourage you to review any laws that may require you to maintain certain types of data, and to make sure your app clearly explains what data your app collects, how it collects that data, all uses of that data, your data retention/deletion policies, and more as described in the guideline. Examples of this type of data include electronic health records, and sales and warranty records. Please also confirm that the app privacy information on your product page is accurate.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 5:29 AM

MioKontic:
    With regards Apple, I very much doubt they would go into such detail to say a user/player has to have the option to delete his/her account and create a new one, I don't think they would care even a smidgeon about that! 

FFS.....

A quick web search could have saved a lot of thinking about Apple/WGT...It is about privacy laws.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12m75xbj#:~:text=As%20a%20reminder%2C%20apps%20that,1(v).

Account deletion requirement starts June 30

As a reminder, apps that support account creation must let users initiate deletion of their account within the app starting June 30, 2022, as described in App Store Review Guideline 5.1.1(v). This deadline was extended to provide additional time for implementation of this requirement.

Please keep these requirements in mind when updating your app:

• The account deletion option should be easy to find in your app.
    • If your app offers Sign in with Apple, you’ll need to use the Sign in with Apple REST API to revoke user tokens when deleting an account.
    • It’s insufficient to only provide the ability to temporarily disable or deactivate an account. People should be able to delete the account along with their personal data.
    • Apps in highly-regulated industries may provide additional customer service flows to confirm and facilitate the account deletion process.
    • Follow applicable legal requirements for storing and retaining user account information, and for handling account deletion. This includes complying with local laws in different countries or regions. As always, check with your legal counsel.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 6:37 AM

PureGro1:

A quick web search could have saved a lot of thinking about Apple/WGT...It is about privacy laws.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12m75xbj#:~:text=As%20a%20reminder%2C%20apps%20that,1(v).

I don't see any law quoted. All i see is Apple's general rules....and if there's a law about, Microsoft doesn't know about? The Privacy Law applies only for Apple?

Would you be kind enough to post the law in question?

Thank you.

PS

If you intend GDPR, i don't know if it's valid in the States.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 6:43 AM

Yiannis1970:

PS

If you intend GDPR, i don't know if it's valid in the States

1. Does GDPR Apply to the US?

Yes, the GDPR applies to the US (and all other countries worldwide). This is because Article 3 of the GDPR, which defines the law’s territorial scope, states that it not only applies to companies in the EU/EEA, but also to companies outside of the EU/EEA that serve (or track the data of) EU/EEA residents.

GDPR in the US: Requirements for US Companies - Termly

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 8:00 AM

Yiannis1970:
    If you intend GDPR, i don't know if it's valid in the States.

That is it, and no its not enforced in the US- at least not in all states. Im sure Microsoft knows about this and I have no idea why apple is going first but everyone will eventually.

Point is- its not WGT making things up, this is apples policy- Period.

RSS