Forums

Help › Forums

Multi-accounters / restarters

Wed, Sep 28 2022 1:55 PM (36 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 3:52 AM

Against my better judgement I played in the current showdown.  In the final round yesterday I got paired with a level 8 Hack.  We played on Pinehurst with Fast 9.0 greens.  He put his approach on our first hole to within 4ft and sunk his putt for a birdie.  And on our 2nd hole he once again was perfect on the speed of the green and only just slightly off line for a longer putt.  Being at Level 8 I was pretty sure it was a new account yesterday, so I asked and he confirmed it.  But I also suggested it wasn't his first account, and here was his reply:

WGT really need to stop this, it does nothing for the integrity of the game.  Mind you, integrity went many years ago in this game... if it even existed at all!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 4:23 AM

Miokontic, if you send those screen shots to WGT they often do stop them 

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 4:54 AM

bossbird:

Miokontic, if you send those screen shots to WGT they often do stop them 

Highly unlikley, they allow restarters, they're the creators of this mess!  And I can't remember the name now anyway.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 12:10 PM

I have reported many with screen shots of their own stupid admissions of being restarters , and they have had that particular account closed down . 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 12:34 PM

You encounter tons of players like him in coin room matches these days. You can easily tell by the way your opponent plays whether he's a true debutant or a fake.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 1:01 PM

As far as I know wgt allow restarting on Apple devices.  With that in mind it's hard to imagine others aren't allowed to restart but I haven't seen wgt comment on that.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 2:35 PM

DodgyPutter:

As far as I know wgt allow restarting on Apple devices.  With that in mind it's hard to imagine others aren't allowed to restart but I haven't seen wgt comment on that.

After about a year of playing, I was locked out of my account. Nothing worked. I went to wgt and they enabled me to "restart" my account. I guess I'm saying there are circumstances where allowing a restart is the fair thing to do.

The problem is the perception that restarts and multi accounters then take advantage of the break to win matches or prizes that they wouldn't otherwise win.

I personally never cheated and I hope most players are also honest. I realize it only takes a few to spoil the barrel, but hope springs eternal.

ct

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 1:12 AM

ct690911:

DodgyPutter:

After about a year of playing, I was locked out of my account. Nothing worked. I went to wgt and they enabled me to "restart" my account. I guess I'm saying there are circumstances where allowing a restart is the fair thing to do.

The problem is the perception that restarts and multi accounters then take advantage of the break to win matches or prizes that they wouldn't otherwise win.

I personally never cheated and I hope most players are also honest. I realize it only takes a few to spoil the barrel, but hope springs eternal.

ct

That's not really what I was talking about, if you notice in Mio's post they say they've restarted several times.

It's not a perception it's an actuality that people are doing this, and if they are doing it then surely it's to gain an advantage. 

There probably are a (very) few that do it for reasons like yours. The majority do it as they are allowed to, it isn't against the rules.  As I understand it on Apple devices there is a "restart" button, and you can press it whenever you want to.  I don't have an apple device to check this on, but Nico has confirmed it (I'm pretty sure but getting nervous as I'd think it'd be widely known).

It used to be that if you restarted, for whatever reason, you were not allowed to win credits until you reached your previous tier, that is certainly no longer the case or, at least, no longer enforced.

Like many things here many will know it's wrong but there is no stopping it, if Apple want such a button Wgt will say/have said "what colour would you like".  I don't know if it's the case or not but if it's only Apple devices then to me that's even worse.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 4:51 AM

As good a place as any to post this - an Amateur in the current showdown...

Talented, or a restarter/multi-accounter?  He was -5 after 6 holes, I don't ever remember doing that when I was Amateur tier!  And if he is a restarter, I thought they weren't allowed to play for credits/prizes until they reached their previous tier?

WGT is falling to bits at the seams, and all their own doing by allowing it in the first place!

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 5:31 AM

MioKontic:

As good a place as any to post this - an Amateur in the current showdown...

Talented, or a restarter/multi-accounter?  He was -5 after 6 holes, I don't ever remember doing that when I was Amateur tier!

RSS