Forums

Help › Forums

Customer support

Tue, Aug 23 2022 12:47 PM (70 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 2:41 AM

This thread has got to be ridiculous and it's mainly down to wgt's moderation process. I should though say I don't know what would work better.  There clearly needs to be moderation as there are trolls like the one HP has, who only posts when he sees a chance to attack her.

dad19733:

@HamdenPro Ive been playing since 2020, I just joined the forum , so you guys really need to read before you comment 

I was speaking with @nico and he helped me great. I had nothing but good to say about him, so I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? 

Stay in your lane

Lets look at the misunderstanding with that post (@callaghan I just joined, thanks troll). 

It is open to interpretation, you join wgt (give bank, email, name etc) but you don't join the forum, you just post and by the magic of the internet there it is (sometimes an couple of hours or a couple of days later) .  So some took it one way and others differently and as you are moderated what you were saying about this wasn't seen. 

What happened generally in the thread; you posted with a problem and HP went out of her way to help you, contacting Nico on Discord and telling you that.    You then asked who Nico was and she explained and said he'd messaged back saying he'd deal with it on Monday (yesterday) which he did. There is no way I, or anyone else in that thread, would have gone to these lengths to help.

You seem to suggest above the outcome was all down to you, although you say thanks in the thread moderation makes it unclear who to.  Whether that's true or not, and it's not imo, she still tried to help you and told you about Nico on Discord.

My fear would be if she was to "stay in her lane" then other people would miss out on the help you got.  What she was trying to accomplish was you getting credits refunded and  she succeeded, whether by direct intervention or pointing you in the right direction.

I guess all the above is saying is I think you should be thanking her, not whatever the above is doing.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 3:00 AM

How much a mess moderation made this thread got me wondering. 

I'd bet that Nico would say something like "a fast moving thread like that was for a while is what Discord is better for".  So what's the difference with Discord?  Is it moderation, how does that work there?

• dad19733
    164 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 4:18 AM

@DodgyPutter is there a way to close this thread at this point? Wedge issue is solved,  and issues resolved. Thoughts?

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 5:18 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

IamNicklaus:
    perhaps think before you type !

Daddy, you talked about a troll? THIS is a troll!

And YOU, Jamie, DEFINITELY got an attitude problem!

Agree 90% on the first part, although I dont think its a troll- more of a donkey.

The second I think deserves the benefit of doubt here- he is new and his posts were coming out of order because of moderation. 

HP- Just think of all the material your getting for next Hoperman...

• dad19733
    164 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 5:37 AM

@PureGro1 

Thanks for the support, yes the moderation delay is kind of problematic, but I get it. 

Thankfully all has been solved, and there is a semblance of peace again lol.

Jamie

PureGro1:

SimonTheBeetle:

IamNicklaus:
    perhaps think before you type !

Daddy, you talked about a troll? THIS is a troll!

And YOU, Jamie, DEFINITELY got an attitude problem!

Agree 90% on the first part, although I dont think its a troll- more of a donkey.

The second I think deserves the benefit of doubt here- he is new and his posts were coming out of order because of moderation. 

HP- Just think of all the material your getting for next Hoperman...

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 6:30 AM

Steff (HP) routinely goes above and beyond when it comes to helping people. This may be why she is such a kindred spirit with Scott Hope. I know she has been PM'ing Henry Kawa to help him through the terrible ordeal with his wife. Lesley (Bossbird) can also be added to those helping Henry behind the scenes.

There are a lot of good folk who post on here. They far outnumber the IamNicklaus' of the world and, to my mind, make the forums an invaluable source of information and inspiration.

ct

• callaghan159
    6,236 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 6:40 AM

ct690911:
    outnumber the IamNicklaus'

and the Callaghan's.......I guess that's why they call me Dirty Harry

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 6:56 AM

PureGro1:

LOL And a chicken! He left a garbage comment on my wall and blocked me so that I can't react to it. Probably now thinking he won the battle by having the last word. Pffft

PureGro1:

Yes, I was dead wrong. Jamie is much classier than I thought. I respect that. My apologies to him. Sorry, Jamie.

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 7:07 AM

Being on moderation definitely leaves these threads open for a lot of miscommunication.  CT’s posts make me think he’s off the 💩 list.  Hmmmmm

• dad19733
    164 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 7:19 AM

@SimonTheBeetle

Thanks so much buddy, but your understanding made this alot easier, many thanks my friend 

Jamie

SimonTheBeetle:

PureGro1:

LOL And a chicken! He left a garbage comment on my wall and blocked me so that I can't react to it. Probably now thinking he won the battle by having the last word. Pffft

PureGro1:

Yes, I was dead wrong. Jamie is much classier than I thought. I respect that. My apologies to him. Sorry, Jamie.

RSS