Forums

Help › Forums

Goal & Achievements

Sun, Mar 3 2024 2:57 PM (580 replies)
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 9:53 AM

MioKontic:
    How come you only scored -2?  Normally, and particularly a player like yourself, would score at least -8 for 9 holes, so what made this so hard that you only scored -2 for 9 holes?  And was it off forward tees, or did you play off the proper tees for your tier?

I've never played in the Veteran's event, so I don't know what happens. This event is brand new with WGT so maybe it's different from the regular Showdown Veterans category.

The tees were easier than the regular Showdown where I have to play from the back tees while those players below Legend have closer tees.

The event was on high winds conditions, but not impossible.

I have always believed the players who score -8 and -9 cheat. Which is the reason I never play.

Yes, I entered because I needed the 5 points to get to 150. So from now on I'll settle for the 5,000 coins tier. 

I also won't "buy something from the Pro Shop" unless I need it and I can't "sink a shot from anywhere not on the green" upon request, as they offer for 5 points.

Also "Win 6 Coin Games" or "Play 12 Coin Games" should be eliminated since WGT has yet to figure out how to properly handle forfeits.

• callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 10:27 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    should still get 4 new ones every day,

yes I got the 4 new ones everyday plus the SD one which makes 5. I never really paid much attention to how many I got everyday but the SD one was there everyday for 3 straight days. In the past when I did not achieve a daily goal It was gone the next day and thats why The SD one being there for 3 days was confusing me.  I sent Nico a message this morning and when I just checked now the daily SD achievement is now gone. Go figure. Lol. Cheers.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 10:33 AM

callaghan159:

AnaNikolaj:
    should still get 4 new ones every day,

yes I got the 4 new ones everyday plus the SD one which makes 5. I never really paid much attention to how many I got everyday but the SD one was there everyday for 3 straight days. In the past when I did not achieve a daily goal It was gone the next day and thats why The SD one being there for 3 days was confusing me.  I sent Nico a message this morning and when I just checked now the daily SD achievement is now gone. Go figure. Lol. Cheers.

It's gone because the SD ended an hour and a half ago. This goal works differently than others. It's being counted as a daily, but always lasts from the day the SD starts to the hour it finishes. You can check it's timer next time. If you enter, you'll have it among "accomplished" ones for that whole time, if not, it'll be among the "still to do" ones. But it'll never be part of the daily 4 after the 1st day. 

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 2:54 PM

Just want to answer/query a couple of things that DufussMcGoo and BlackBogey have said:

DuFussMcGoo:
    The tees were easier than the regular Showdown where I have to play from the back tees while those players below Legend have closer tees.

If you've never played Veteran before I assume you usually play Rookie?  If that's the case, you will play in a room where you will play off tees specific to your tier, i.e. off the back tees for TC's (as will C's, TL's and L's).  Other tiers will play off forward tees dependent on their tier.  For the Veteran division EVERYONE plays off Master tees.

DuFussMcGoo:
    The event was on high winds conditions, but not impossible.

In the normal showdowns there were always at least two 3-hole rounds (and possibly more) that were high winds, so this shouldn't be anything new.

DuFussMcGoo:
    I have always believed the players who score -8 and -9 cheat. Which is the reason I never play.

Why???  You have an average <50, so surely you must have had rounds of at least -9, and probably even lower, and I'm not just talking about showdown rounds, which I think actually play easier because of the slower green speeds.  Maybe your good scores were off red tees, but don't forget that the Veteran division is played in a room where everyone plays off Master tees, making it far easier than playing off Legend tees, so scoring -8 or better in 9 holes isn't that onerus a task - it's actually far harder to do so in the Rookie division of a normal showdown because you're playing off the back tees.

BlackBogey:
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I played off proper tees.  Conditions were tough in most of my 3-hole sets...high winds, different green speeds from set to set, etc...

I've already mentioned about the tees for certain rooms above, as did AnaNikolaj in his reply to you.  But regarding different green speeds, again this is no different to any other showdown, and no different to any coin room game where green speeds are random each new set you play (they will always be the same for all holes in that set).  The only thing I will clarify here is that EVERYONE will have the same green speeds and wind conditions for the same courses in a showdown, although obviously the wind direction may be different, it is just pot luck whether you get favourable or non-favourable winds (... or is it?!?).

And another clarification in case anyone is wondering, following a test a few of us did a couple of months ago, you may play the 3 or 6 sets of showdown holes in a different order to other players, but for countback purposes WGT will always reorder the scorecard to be the same for everyone, so no one is at a disadvantage when it comes to countbacks.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 3:42 PM

MioKontic:
    And another clarification in case anyone is wondering, following a test a few of us did a couple of months ago, you may play the 3 or 6 sets of showdown holes in a different order to other players, but for countback purposes WGT will always reorder the scorecard to be the same for everyone, so no one is at a disadvantage when it comes to countbacks.

Very true. You can tell this is so by the scores posted after 3 holes. You may be -2 with a 12 score and someone else is -2 with a 10 score.

But at the rank 50 cut line, those players who had the easier 3 to end their game have an advantage over those who played the tough 3. The member with the easy 3 went birdie, birdie, birdie and the member with the tough 3 went par, par, par. So the member could end up 51st and out of the Showdown.

Just my thinking though. In the regular Showdown, I can score the -3 or better. I've even seen some cheaters beat out honest players. Reporting such to WHT doesn't help. They don't care.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 4:35 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    But at the rank 50 cut line, those players who had the easier 3 to end their game have an advantage over those who played the tough 3. The member with the easy 3 went birdie, birdie, birdie and the member with the tough 3 went par, par, par. So the member could end up 51st and out of the Showdown. 

Lol, you completely misunderstood the very thing you quoted in your post. It makes zero difference on what set of holes someone finishes, cause it's the same for all. Despite the fact we're all playing them in different orders, we all have the same 1st, 2nd, etc. and last set of holes, as far as WGT is concerned. Only problem is, when you play, you have no idea which course is the final 3 on WGTs unified scorecard, which we can't see, but which determines the countback.

In the final of this event I played (in order) CB, TP and EH. That doesn't mean that EH was actually counted as the last 3 holes for the countback purposes. It also doesn't mean it wasn't. In fact, any of the 3 could've been the final ones on WGT countback card, but their order was the same for ALL who played it. 

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 4:43 PM

MioKontic:
    The only thing I will clarify here is that EVERYONE will have the same green speeds and wind conditions for the same courses in a showdown, although obviously the wind direction may be different, it is just pot luck whether you get favourable or non-favourable winds (... or is it?!?).

Correction on this. I actually experienced 1st hand this isn't true. A few months back someone quit in the middle of a round on Erin. Heavy winds and 10 greens. I wasn't able to finish on my own, but was lucky enough to not get bogeys and had to play the set again. I was put on a different course, but when I got back to Erin 2 sets later, the winds were low and the greens were 7,9.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 5:02 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    In the final of this event I played (in order) CB, TP and EH. That doesn't mean that EH was actually counted as the last 3 holes for the countback purposes. It also doesn't mean it wasn't. In fact, any of the 3 could've been the final ones on WGT countback card, but their order was the same for ALL who played it. 

Thank you for the correction. I doubt WGT ever tells us what's going on. Cheers!

• AlaskanDame
    19,027 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 9:10 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

AnaNikolaj:

Thank you for the correction. I doubt WGT ever tells us what's going on. Cheers!

I have experienced another difference as well.  I got to redo a three-hole set and the pin placements weren’t even the same as my first time through them.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Fri, Aug 11 2023 4:44 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    I was put on a different course, but when I got back to Erin 2 sets later, the winds were low and the greens were 7,9.

That's something I didn't know, and it isn't fair at all; that's something WGT needs to correct so that everyone has the same wind conditions (low/medium/high; exact speed and direction should still be random) and green speeds for the same set of holes.

AlaskanDame:
    I have experienced another difference as well.  I got to redo a three-hole set and the pin placements weren’t even the same as my first time through them.

And that's not fair either.  As we all know, some pin positions are far easier than others on a green.

RSS