We’re getting close to the end of the month and that means we’re adding cool new stuff to the game. This one in particular we've been really excited to showoff
But first, let me start with 2 features we’re sunsetting with this release.
- 1st is the old awards system. This gave players XP awards for completing specific challenges and players could view their awards on their profile page on WGT.
- the 2nd feature is the "weekly wins" which gave players the opportunity to earn apparel packs for winning coin room games with an active sponsor. So no longer will you be earning the same 2-3 apparel items each week I'm counting this as a bug fix
Both of these features are being replaced with cooler, better features.
These new features are called Goals and Achievements which offer new ways to earn rewards by playing the game.
- The rewards include: XP, Apparel Boxes, Coins, and even Credits
- Offers you daily and weekly challenges to complete.
- By completing them you’ll earn progress toward unlocking the next set of rewards.
- Each day and week there will be new goals to complete and new rewards to unlock. Definitely adds another element to playing the game daily outside of just getting your consecutive days played.
Plus and Premier members unlock more rewards by completing Goals.
- Career challenges that unlock rewards and a special award in your profile.
- Most of your progress will carry over into this and many of you will have lots of achievements to collect on day 1.
- Any progress that didn’t carry over is because it wasn’t being tracked before now (sorry) but I know you can complete them anyway.
- This adds a whole new element to playing and grinding the game as there's always an achievement to go for.
- My personal favorite is balls hit in the water, thanks for the ball hits in advance
- There's also course achievements which will show your best score on any given course giving you a little insight on what courses you can still use some work on!
When you’ve collected an achievement go to the Awards section in your Profile to check out the awards you’ve collected.
Miscellaneous Notes on G&A
- Single player practice games don't count toward any Goals or Achievements.
Old awards will still be viewable in your profile on web.
All screenshots are of work-in-progress builds and are not final.
We're really looking forward to hearing your feedback when Goals & Achievements releases to all of you in our next update!
For clarity purposes barring any delays then PGA National should be available directly following downtime the 26th. G&A will require a client update. So wednesday morning usually for desktop/steam/android and thursday for iOS. That's the normal timeline anyway, if there's any delays then I'll keep you all posted.