Forums

Help › Forums

Goal & Achievements

Sun, Mar 3 2024 2:57 PM (580 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,263 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 2:32 AM

I got a new goal this morning..."enter showdown event" for 5 stars. Impossible for anyone to "enter showdown event" after the event has closed entries. Come on WGT you can do better than this. Cheers

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,878 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 7:57 AM

callaghan159:
    "enter showdown event" for 5 stars. Impossible for anyone to "enter showdown event" after the event has closed entries.

I wish I was so lucky.

The Showdown event was one of their "Special" events costing 50 credits instead of the usual 10 credits and was for VETERANS. I thought long and hard, but made the wrong choice and entered. In this event, you play in brackets of 10 players instead of 100, so the odds of qualifying are less than the regular Showdown. You also play for 10,000 coins per 3 holes and not 100. I made it through event 1 with a 5 under, but did not qualify for the final with my 2 under.

So I'm getting a Veterans "participation patch" for my 50 credits!

The field of 10 and not 100 made it very difficult to qualify. Also, this was my 1st try in the Veterans event because I thought there would be too many cheaters. I was wrong. Everyone was an honest player that I enjoyed playing with.

• callaghan159
    6,263 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 8:29 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

callaghan159:
    "enter showdown event" for 5 stars. Impossible for anyone to "enter showdown event" after the event has closed entries.

I wish I was so lucky.

The Showdown event was one of their "Special" events costing 50 credits instead of the usual 10 credits and was for VETERANS. I thought long and hard, but made the wrong choice and entered. In this event, you play in brackets of 10 players instead of 100, so the odds of qualifying are less than the regular Showdown. You also play for 10,000 coins per 3 holes and not 100. I made it through event 1 with a 5 under, but did not qualify for the final with my 2 under.

So I'm getting a Veterans "participation patch" for my 50 credits!

The field of 10 and not 100 made it very difficult to qualify. Also, this was my 1st try in the Veterans event because I thought there would be too many cheaters. I was wrong. Everyone was an honest player that I enjoyed playing with.

Forgot to mention I had this G&A 2 days in  row.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,878 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 7:23 PM

The main problem with this Showdown is the reduced number in the field...10.

If WGT changed the format to include ties (like they do in "Ready-go's" the TIES would make it too!

Just not for me.

• AnaNikolaj
    639 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:02 AM

callaghan159:

Are you sure the 2nd wasn't the leftover from the day before? Cause whenever "enter showdown" comes up as a goal, it does 16 hours before the event starts, but stays up for the duration of the whole event, if you don't enter. It's on a different timer and you get 4 new ones every day nonetheless.

• callaghan159
    6,263 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:26 AM

AnaNikolaj:

callaghan159:

Are you sure the 2nd wasn't the leftover from the day before? Cause whenever "enter showdown" comes up as a goal, it does 16 hours before the event starts, but stays up for the duration of the whole event, if you don't enter. It's on a different timer and you get 4 new ones every day nonetheless.

3rd day now for enter showdown...2nd time since event was closed to enter. I guess they dont want me to get the 150 star level.

• AnaNikolaj
    639 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 2:13 AM

callaghan159:

AnaNikolaj:

callaghan159:

3rd day now for enter showdown...2nd time since event was closed to enter. I guess they dont want me to get the 150 star level.

I understand that, but as I said, the enter showdown goal has a different timer and it's not a new one every day, but the same one. You should still get 4 new ones every day, so you're only 5 stars down for the day you failed to enter. Mine's still showing as completed, even though it was completed 3 days ago. It'll disappear when the SD ends.

To recap, yesterday and today you should've seen 5 goals (for 5 stars) open, the normal 4 daily ones plus the SD one, you failed to complete on day 1. No foul play here... 

• MioKontic
    4,631 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 5:32 AM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I made it through event 1 with a 5 under, but did not qualify for the final with my 2 under.

How come you only scored -2?  Normally, and particularly a player like yourself, would score at least -8 for 9 holes, so what made this so hard that you only scored -2 for 9 holes?  And was it off forward tees, or did you play off the proper tees for your tier?

I don't play showdowns any more (haven't played the last few), so I don't know this new format.

• BlackBogey
    369 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 6:17 AM

MioKontic:

DuFussMcGoo:
    I made it through event 1 with a 5 under, but did not qualify for the final with my 2 under.

How come you only scored -2?  Normally, and particularly a player like yourself, would score at least -8 for 9 holes, so what made this so hard that you only scored -2 for 9 holes?  And was it off forward tees, or did you play off the proper tees for your tier?

I don't play showdowns any more (haven't played the last few), so I don't know this new format.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I played off proper tees.  Conditions were tough in most of my 3-hole sets...high winds, different green speeds from set to set, etc...

My final 3 holes in the Final 9 was on Erin Hills with 18-30mph winds.  2 par 5s to start, but both dead into 25-30mph so no chance to reach in 2 (was lucky to reach the fairway off the tee on one of them, lol).  Also doesn't help when you play 3 holes on 9 speed greens, then next 3 on 7.4, then last 3 on 12 (left a birdie just short on first hole of 2nd 3-holer because I'm an idiot and forgot to adjust for the speed decrease). 

• AnaNikolaj
    639 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 6:58 AM

BlackBogey:
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I played off proper tees.  Conditions were tough in most of my 3-hole sets...high winds, different green speeds from set to set, etc...

Hate to contradict, but you played off master tees, just like everyone else. The veteran division (which was all there was available for this SD) is played in Casablanca room and Casablanca is always played from master tees (or TM, or hard, however one calls it) by default. Always and without exceptions. The confusion may come from some holes having a very similar (or even same) distance for master tees and for the Legend +, but the confusion stops when you play a par 3, for example EH #9 from 148 instead of 165.

RSS