Help › Forums

Let's talk about it!!

Fri, Jun 3 2022 7:04 PM (60 replies)
  • WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 10:26 AM

?????????? what do you mean seems

Yiannis1970:
    WGTNico seems very interested about the game. How can it be more friendly to the players, new ideas, correcting bugs etc.

Seems is the key word there .

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 10:34 AM

WGTNico:

Hey Yiannis, and others in this thread. That's on me for not responding and I take full responsibility for that.

No problem at all. Happy you found the time to respond....let's move on.

Regarding your original question, you said technical support staff, which implies our customer support team but you actually meant our engineering team. We are unlikely to do a stream, video, voice chat, etc. with our engineering team.

True. I meant the team responsible for various changes in the code of the game. Ok. I have my answer now. It can't be done. I appreciate the response.

However, I do think there's some more transparency in possibly showing a roadmap of some sorts on things we're working on with stuff we're working on (I can see if we can get something along those lines approved in the future).

Also regarding the forums/discord, these forums will not be going away there are years worth of great info to be had on here many of which we at WGT actually still reference, and I will still be making posts, announcing things, and responding as per usual. 

I personally am open to more voice chats regarding any questions/feedback you all have and I can answer to the best of my ability, but that would be done in Discord (in fact I've already been doing this in an unofficial capacity last week). Forums are a very old tool and many/most games nowadays aren't even making forums but instead are going to Discord. The reason being it is the best all in one place for community interactions, feedback/suggestions, news updates, and more. 

I will never stop being active in here, and I will never stop being active in the Discord (it's literally my career) 

Better communication was one of the big things I wanted to bring when I started and myself and the team agree this can still be improved. We're still trying to do better at it on all platforms, social media, forums, discord.

From my purely personal and professional opinion, I like Discord a whole lot more.

Fair enough. I don't have any comments on that, it's your opinion and i respect it. As for those who were asking why i don't post my query in discord (while the answer is pretty obvious), you confirmed it as well!!!

My question was precise towards the engineer team which is competent to respond. Your area of expertize is not this sector, that's why i considered meaningless to post it in discord (cause you would had probably responded the way you just did).

Case closed for me and thank you for the response.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 10:37 AM

WGTNico:

?????????? what do you mean seems

Yiannis1970:
    WGTNico seems very interested about the game. How can it be more friendly to the players, new ideas, correcting bugs etc.

Seems is the key word there .

That to me, you seem more interested and more responsive about the game than your predecessors. It's quite clear i believe. What should i say more?

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 10:49 AM

oh sorry yiannis, i was replying to Paul who was keying in on the word seems, not to yours I had misquoted my bad

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 11:00 AM

No worries.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 11:01 AM

Nico,

I have not been involved with the forums as much as all of those who have posted here before me. Notwithstanding, from what I have observed, you have been the most responsive moderator I have experienced, and I am sure your efforts have not gone unnoticed by almost everyone.

I guess we should all realize that you can only do so much. You can take suggestions, complaints, etc...."upstairs" but the mechanics of change are not within your control. I do appreciate that you have at least acknowledged many of the complaints and suggestions and have attempted to bridge the communication gap between members and WGT.

Getting back to Yiannis' OP, it would be great if WGT programmers, as well as customer support, hosted a twitch event where members could "meet the staff" and have a candid discussion of possibilities.  I did see that, years ago, MisterWGT (Chad Nelson) held such events, albeit, via a different form of media.

WGT is both a wonderful game and a wonderful "product". The closer the relationship is, and the more information can flow, between members and WGT staff can only make the product better, and hence the game more enjoyable. IMHO

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 11:13 AM

HamdenPro:

WGT is both a wonderful game and a wonderful "product". The closer the relationship is, and the more information can flow, between members and WGT staff can only make the product better, and hence the game more enjoyable. IMHO

I agree and that's why i am in here for 8 years. Where others can see only complaints, i see a genuine interest to make this game better and better everyday. I do believe i have earned the experience all these years to contribute. That was the meaning of this thread.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 11:35 AM

HamdenPro:
    Getting back to Yiannis' OP, it would be great if WGT programmers, as well as customer support, hosted a twitch event where members could "meet the staff" and have a candid discussion of possibilities. 

I think Nico has already answered/addressed this in his response above.

WGTNico:
    We are unlikely to do a stream, video, voice chat, etc. with our engineering team.

WGTNico:
    I personally am open to more voice chats regarding any questions/feedback you all have and I can answer to the best of my ability, but that would be done in Discord

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 12:30 PM

SamSpayed:
    I think Nico has already answered/addressed this in his response above.

I did see that. Nonetheless, I am just saying that Yiannis' idea was a good one, regardless of whether it would actually happen.

SamSpayed:
    WGTNico:
    I personally am open to more voice chats regarding any questions/feedback you all have and I can answer to the best of my ability, but that would be done in Discord

I totally understood what Nico said. Nico can only do so much. I guess it would be nice on occasion, if Nico can not provide an answer, depending on the question, someone else may be able to and should chime in...just saying it would be nice, not that it is anticipated.

It is also a shame that it "must" be done in Discord. There are going to be many members who, for whatever reasons, are not going to use discord. If all suggestions and comments must be done on discord, it will alienate those who do not use discord.

It would not be right to "force" members to use discord if they do not wish too. It really is not that difficult to keep Nico's Suggestion thread alive, here in this forum. IMO

Of course, if you want to volunteer to relay all suggestions from the threads to NICO, via discord, I am sure it would be greatly appreciated. 😁

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 1:04 PM

When it comes to voice chats, yes Discord is the best place for them to be because the forums do not have a voice chat, we do these things in our live streams already with either myself, r2g, or patchnotes answering them. When it comes to suggestions, I have a rather large spreadsheet that is nicely organized into different factors in the game coins, credits, tournaments, bug fixes, etc. and all the ideas come from here and the forums. So I absolutely want there to still be suggestions coming through in here, I regularly read them. 

THE FORUMS ARE NOT GOING AWAY

We are not forcing members to go to Discord, or forcing members away from the forums. If players do not want to join the discord, then that's fine. It will stand though, that the Discord will give the best real time information compared to the forums and that's just because Discord is easier and faster to relay this info

RSS