Forums

Help › Forums

Let's talk about it!!

Fri, Jun 3 2022 7:04 PM (60 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 12:27 PM

SamSpayed:
    My opinion has always been this:  The more communication from WGT, the better.

+1000 not sure how this can be seen as anything but positive...

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 2:06 PM

Yiannis1970:

Hello. I have never watched something like that. Would you be kind enough to provide some link to watch it?

Thank you.

The game I am on about is a game called Kaneva, a 3D virtual world game.  It was Kaneva that took me away from WGT for about 2-3 years.  They held a few live chat streams as I described during the time I was a member, but unfortunately the game closed down towards the end of 2016 I think, so nothing available to view.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 2:27 PM

Thought you were talking about WGT...ok, no problem.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 2:28 AM

pdb1:

MioKontic:
    I really see no need for another communication channel, i.e. Discord; that's what the forum is/was for, and by creating a new communication channel it just takes away the support from the forum... and puts the problem somewhere else.

Really can never have too many ways to communicate .

We were, I assume, all sent a message about the Discord server, that's partly why it was busy the first couple of days.  WGT had many years to point us to this forum in a similar way but never did. This is about new clients, that are often mobile players, and wgt wanted them on Discord, not here.  Is there even a direct route here from the app? I'm not suggesting mobile/new players don't deserve to be heard, I'm suggesting they should have been pointed here more. 

As to all this glib "the more communication the better" and  the assumption that it'll be better on Discord. Of course the more wgt communicate the better, that hardly needs emphasising but maybe it could do with a little more thought.  What is the new staffing that has been employed to deal with this?  Is it that the existing staff weren't doing much and will suddenly become active?  Perhaps more likely is that they were busy as it was and other things will need to be dropped if they're going to be as active on Discord as some seem to think they will.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 3:17 AM

So...my simple question is this:

9 days ago, i started a thread launching a simple proposal towards wgt staff. After 9 days, i haven't received a simple answer: yes/no/we don't need it/we don't care.

After 9 days and the thread has ''evolved'' if discord channel is good or bad, if Nico is more available in discord and not here, if the new forms of communication are better or worse, if should i chose curtain A or curtain B to post a request....

So, i repeat....

Is it so difficult for WGT to respond to this simple question with a simple answer, without engaging ourselves to examine all the psycological/sociological/philosophical reasons and side effects of this proposal? 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 8:58 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Is it so difficult for WGT to respond to this simple question with a simple answer, without engaging ourselves to examine all the psycological/sociological/philosophical reasons and side effects of this proposal? 

It is probably just as hard for WGT to respond to your question here as it if for you go to Discord (where they are more responsive) to ask your questions.

I mean, seriously, dude.  Do you want answers to your questions, or do you just want to complain about WGT not delivering them to the place that you want them to?

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 9:31 AM

Hey Yiannis, and others in this thread. That's on me for not responding and I take full responsibility for that.

Regarding your original question, you said technical support staff, which implies our customer support team but you actually meant our engineering team. We are unlikely to do a stream, video, voice chat, etc. with our engineering team. However, I do think there's some more transparency in possibly showing a roadmap of some sorts on things we're working on with stuff we're working on (I can see if we can get something along those lines approved in the future).

Also regarding the forums/discord, these forums will not be going away there are years worth of great info to be had on here many of which we at WGT actually still reference, and I will still be making posts, announcing things, and responding as per usual. 

I personally am open to more voice chats regarding any questions/feedback you all have and I can answer to the best of my ability, but that would be done in Discord (in fact I've already been doing this in an unofficial capacity last week). Forums are a very old tool and many/most games nowadays aren't even making forums but instead are going to Discord. The reason being it is the best all in one place for community interactions, feedback/suggestions, news updates, and more. 

I will never stop being active in here, and I will never stop being active in the Discord (it's literally my career) 

Better communication was one of the big things I wanted to bring when I started and myself and the team agree this can still be improved. We're still trying to do better at it on all platforms, social media, forums, discord.

From my purely personal and professional opinion, I like Discord a whole lot more.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 9:48 AM

Waiting to see the OP's response now

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 10:20 AM

SamSpayed:

Yiannis1970:

It is probably just as hard for WGT to respond to your question here as it if for you go to Discord (where they are more responsive) to ask your questions.

I mean, seriously, dude.  Do you want answers to your questions, or do you just want to complain about WGT not delivering them to the place that you want them to?

Whatever....

RSS