Forums

Help › Forums

Let's talk about it!!

Fri, Jun 3 2022 7:04 PM (60 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 1:15 PM

WGTNico:
    When it comes to voice chats, yes Discord is the best place for them to be because the forums do not have a voice chat, ....and all the ideas come from here and the forums. So I absolutely want there to still be suggestions coming through in here, I regularly read them

I agree that Discord is easier to communicate directly, and often in real time, and, of course, there is the voice chat.  I have praised this in another thread. No argument here. As I am sure you know, I have already joined Discord and am taking advantage of the club server SamSpayed set up. I see great possibilities with discord and am enjoying it. 

I misunderstood, and believed that you had said that suggestions and comments should be via Discord. I took this to mean they "shall" be via discord (which has a mandatory meaning as opposed to discretionary).

I know the forums are not going away...no need to shout (lol).

It is nice to know that you will still be taking suggestions via the threads.

I did not mean to create any confusion or animosity in my reply.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2022 11:11 PM

WGTNico:
    We are not forcing members to go to Discord, or forcing members away from the forums. If players do not want to join the discord, then that's fine. It will stand though, that the Discord will give the best real time information compared to the forums and that's just because Discord is easier and faster to relay this info

Nico, I would just like to thank you and R2G for today's Community Voice Chat on Discord.  I saw almost 50 participants in the audience, and I think you addressed every single question that was posed in the VC channel.  We also got a pretty clear understanding of what WGT's priorities are at this point.  Great job 🍺 

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 12:24 AM

SamSpayed:

WGTNico:
    We are not forcing members to go to Discord, or forcing members away from the forums. If players do not want to join the discord, then that's fine. It will stand though, that the Discord will give the best real time information compared to the forums and that's just because Discord is easier and faster to relay this info

Nico, I would just like to thank you and R2G for today's Community Voice Chat on Discord.  I saw almost 50 participants in the audience, and I think you addressed every single question that was posed in the VC channel.  We also got a pretty clear understanding of what WGT's priorities are at this point.  Great job 🍺 

Did anyone take any minutes ? I'd love to know the WGT side of the conversation as it was at an unfriendly time in Australia LOL I read teh WGT players side on discord & sounds like a lot was covered.

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 11:43 AM

It was the first one so I wasn't focused on recording anything (mostly cause i was out of town and only had my laptop)

The main focuses in the talks were

1. The team is working on a 3 major things right now that is our main focus for the next couple months
    2. The new course is one of those things (no I will not say what the course is), and the other 2 without saying too much is something that will make grinding the game more fun and rewarding and the other new feature is something that should have always been in the game plus is something many players have asked for. (I'll leave it up to everyone's imagination to start guessing what they all are)
    3. Balancing bringing stuff back from flash while also focusing on new features
    4. Bringing all modes of play even with PC (we're still working on this one and have no ETA for this as it's a very difficult thing to do)
    5. eTour updates
    6. The potential of an official CC vs. CC tournament (R2G and myself are working on bringing this in an official capacity)
    7. New pins to existing courses (hopefully we can get to this after the new course.

There were a lot of other smaller questions that I all answered but it was like an hour long call and I won't be typing everything out.

I answered all questions to the best of my ability and gave as much transparency/insight as I possibly could. This will also likely be a monthly event and I will happily re-answer any question!

BStanley6:

Did anyone take any minutes ? I'd love to know the WGT side of the conversation as it was at an unfriendly time in Australia LOL I read teh WGT players side on discord & sounds like a lot was covered.

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 2:52 PM

Thanks? 

pdb1:

It is clear that WGTNico has really stepped up 

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 3:52 PM

Thanks for the response Nico, Very much appreciated. Keep up the great work. You've started something the players have always wanted - Easy communication channels to WGT & to know that they are actually listening to ideas from the people that play the game. 

I'm really looking forward to see what the new features are.

Cheers

Brett

• Nancy1959
    7,054 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 6:37 PM

Nico,

You mentioned somewhere in this thread that when you came on staff of WGT that you wanted to bring better communication.

You have clearly done that, and it's greatly appreciated.  Great job!

~Nancy

• Alpick1
    69 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2022 6:55 PM

Hi buddy, been a while ! I agree 100% with you Yannis, and lots of us have the abilities to do so. I, for my part, was  one the of Links Ls Beta Tester back in 2001.2002 and  to the very last version of 2003 before < Microshit >took over and killed the game…and the fact that Access Software have put some of the best Links Ls players to the contribution did make the game the best Golf Game way ahead of its time. I do believe WGT could preach on that exemple  to make the game a way better experience for everyone…! Cheers mate !

RSS