Forums

Help › Forums

What are the worst bugs

Tue, Nov 28 2023 11:01 AM (111 replies)
  • IRISHKING1916
    475 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 2:24 AM

Yiannis1970:

Chris, if the thread goes to wgt's ''mishits'', then they have to redesign the whole putting!!!

In real life, ball is not affected so much from the foot break (especially on the long ones) or the first feet on putts. The ball is affected more from the break when has no weight, no power at the end of it's course, not the other way around as it happens on WGT for years.

i'd have to disagree, although in WGT the initial slope the ball lies on has an immediate effect on pulling the ball in the same direction (which is unrealistic) The actual roll of the ball in WGT is very consistent with real life, a foot break will take effect immediately in real life, the initial inertia is not enough to negate the gravity and friction caused by the ball rolling, in real life it also depends on the slope of the green, some putts die in power and break more at the end, and some putts will hold the break consistently from start to finish, i find WGT have this perfectly done as i do find the ball breaking more when the power dies out when in WGT with putts for eagle on 1st in Merion in USGA and the break consistent for the whole with certain putts for eagle on the 2nd (too my great frustration on these holes lately lol)

• carlosdev
    2,529 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 2:36 AM

IRISHKING1916:

Yiannis1970:

Chris, if the thread goes to wgt's ''mishits'', then they have to redesign the whole putting!!!

In real life, ball is not affected so much from the foot break (especially on the long ones) or the first feet on putts. The ball is affected more from the break when has no weight, no power at the end of it's course, not the other way around as it happens on WGT for years.

i'd have to disagree, although in WGT the initial slope the ball lies on has an immediate effect on pulling the ball in the same direction (which is unrealistic) The actual roll of the ball in WGT is very consistent with real life, a foot break will take effect immediately in real life, the initial inertia is not enough to negate the gravity and friction caused by the ball rolling, in real life it also depends on the slope of the green, some putts die in power and break more at the end, and some putts will hold the break consistently from start to finish, i find WGT have this perfectly done as i do find the ball breaking more when the power dies out when in WGT with putts for eagle on 1st in Merion in USGA and the break consistent for the whole with certain putts for eagle on the 2nd (too my great frustration on these holes lately lol)

Thanks for the info King.

Now when i look back, some of the putts with the breaks i missed, it make loads of sense now. Now this case was pretty much evident in Whistler golf course. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 3:02 PM

Alright, guys... Although all these topics of making the game more realistic are surely valid and fascinating, let's focus on the things that CAN be done here.

It's quite obvious that WGT now of today will not (and cannot) modify the fundamental game coding & physics engine which was programmed by the original engineers back in 2006 or 2007.

Maybe we'd better off creating another thread related to the topics.

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 4:20 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

It's quite obvious that WGT now of today will not (and cannot) modify the fundamental game coding & physics engine which was programmed by the original engineers back in 2006 or 2007.

Maybe we'd better off creating another thread related to the topics.

Hi, Simon.  I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but has WGT ever explicitly said that?  Because, as a former programmer, I would tend to disagree.  It's my belief, unless stated otherwise by WGT themselves, that anything in the game code and physics engine could potentially be modified.  It's just a question of whether they'd be willing to take on those tasks or not.

Maybe WGT (eg. Nico) could weigh in on that.

Just because something hasn't been done yet doesn't mean that it can't be done.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 5:55 PM

That's true, Scott. I might be wrong.

I said it, though, based on the experiences I've had with WGT over the years.

It seems to me the company's got a wonderful, efficient CS team but not so much so when it comes to the development & design teams within. Well, that's at least the impression I've got.

Anyways, I wouldn't hold my breath for any possibilities that WGT might modify their game programmings the way some prominent users reasonably argue over. That's all I'm saying. :-)

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 7:09 PM

In-game example of a 4ft putt that is in/above/over the hole and takes a 90 degree turn out of the hole.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2022 1:59 AM

There are 2 truths in Sam's and Simon's posts.

Sam describes what CAN be done and Simon describes what WON'T be done.

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 7:32 AM

Clean out the dead players and the dead clubs-

There are a ton of players that have not played in YEARS. Put them in a "purgatory" file and if they want back in, have them reactivate.

Dead clubs come from dead owners,  yet still attract new players for the Putting/Power Pals.  Thriving clubs need those players, but can't find them, can't recruit them- there are way too many clubs that have not been active for a long time. Disband them and make the active players find new homes. (They aren't benefitting from a dead club)

Fairway Bunkers

Why can the pros hit long shots from the bunkers, and we're lucky to hit 100 yards?  Make it so if you ding it, it will go. If you miss the ding, oh well, sucks to be you.

Greenside Bunkers

Why can the pros "flop and stop" bunker shots on the green, and we have 4 yards of carry and 15 feet of rollout?

Lost Ball, Water Hazard

A friend of mine put in a suggestion for the purchase of a ball retriever, with maybe a 10% chance of recouping a ball lost or hit in the water.  This makes a lot of sense to me, and would be well in line with the comic stuff that is given as attire or ball effects....

How many balls hit the edge of the trees on Olympic 14, drop straight down, and are Lost? That's just thievery.

Prize Structures- Clash and Showdowns

There really is no adequate benefit to playing either of these, unless you finish in the top 3.  And then, depending on apparel packs, or balls given... all is worthless.

I play 1 ball and 1 ball only.  Giving me other balls is a waste of time. Giving me apparel that I will never use, is a waste of time. Giving me time sensitive XP boost is useless, if I can't dictate when to use them.

On the other hand.... let me gift out balls and apparel to up and coming players. Maybe only to club members (building club unity and team work), maybe at some kind of discount or at a trading fee.

WGT Gifting

Give me the right to refuse the dumb stuff you force me to take. Beer effect(or any) ball trails (all of them are annoying), balls that are on the lower end (beginners) of the spectrum.  It's not much of a gift if I don't want it, and it's really not a gift if it just plain irritates me.

ReadyGo/Bracket Tourney Suggestions

Why does WGT "suggest for me" RGs that are 10 credit? Same as bracket(Free)?  I have never played free, I don't want to play free. I'm trying to improve my game and my credit bank.  Currently, I'm playing 25 and 50 RGs, 50 and 100 Brackets. Suggest THOSE as recommended....  (its so impersonal.....)

Colors

Just fix the backgrounds so that the text is complimentary,  yet in contrast to the background.  It just hurts the eyes, and it's so elementary of a thing... sheesh

Ark

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 7:39 AM

Oh, 1 more-

I've been playing here for 3  years. I have over 2500 posts, and never have had one removed or censored. Most posts are club forum, but occasionally here....

How come my posts still go through Moderation?

Almost makes me not want to participate when I think something could be a meaningful or worthy discussion.......

Ark

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 8:36 AM

arkage57:
    How come my posts still go through Moderation?

Leave a Wall Post on our new Community Manager's profile...

WGTNico

Ask him if you can be taken off moderation.

Don

RSS