Forums

Help › Forums

What are the worst bugs

Tue, Nov 28 2023 11:01 AM (111 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 7:31 AM

callaghan159:
    100% agree although I just started using the stupid apparel. I got tired of being out driven all the time when playing alt. Alt is my main playing platform and I was losing most rounds so I started using apparel and my fortunes have gone in the opposite direction. Cheers

LOL Good for you. :)

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 12:33 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I'm afraid any attempt of adding an apparel on/off switch would complicate and break even more things...

I suppose that you could make that same hypothesis for any suggested fix or enhancement, i.e. "I'm afraid any attempt of < fixing or enhancing XYZ > would complicate and break even more things."  This is particularly true given WGT's track record.

But the point of this thread is to tell WGT's Community Manager what things we would like fixed.  Maybe we should just focus on that.  

For the record, I like KenBTEXAS's suggestion.  I'd like to have that option, too.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 1:00 PM

< removed by author >

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 1:11 PM

it really did start off well, got a lot of really good stuff from this. We recently opened up a new ticket to fix the chat filter so it isn't SO inconsistent. I will clean this thread up remove the unnecessary posts that go away from what this thread is and just leave it open for other people to bring in their viewpoint.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 1:23 PM

WGTNico:
    We recently opened up a new ticket to fix the chat filter so it isn't SO inconsisten

Bravo!! 

Great thread NICO.

Still would like it, once we set our meter scale (when putting), WGT does not switch it if we switch camera angles and then go back to original cam. I would imagine, everyone has been bit by that at least once.

• PatIsTheRat
    5 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2022 8:44 AM

One terrible bug. Some sticks I purchased, that I now can't sell back once I level up... I do consider the fact that we will resell the clubs we purchased... Both my 3wood (l86 Calla epic) and irons (calla Apex) are not in the list of resellable clubs now.... They disapear when the Rogue sticks came in the shop...

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2022 8:31 AM

Nico,here's one i haven't seen mentioned. Fix the free credit video bug! It's totally unfair that some people get their150 a day and others of us get zip.

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2022 10:07 AM

PatIsTheRat:

One terrible bug. Some sticks I purchased, that I now can't sell back once I level up... I do consider the fact that we will resell the clubs we purchased... Both my 3wood (l86 Calla epic) and irons (calla Apex) are not in the list of resellable clubs now.... They disapear when the Rogue sticks came in the shop...

If you reach out to Member Services with the names and levels of the clubs you would like to sell, they can help sell these for you. 

https://m.wgt.com/help/request?ref=wgt

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2022 1:16 AM

These are not the worst bugs, but I'd like to mention the aesthetic aspects of illustration & design.

1) The appearance of newer balls on the tee and on the grass : They look so terrible, so sloppy that I'd be really shocked if I was told this was done by a professional illustrator. Honestly, this is not acceptable for a game of this calibre like WGT!

Meanwhile, the illustrations of older balls are just fine.

It is, therefore, a matter of how much details, care and efforts you put into, in other words, professionalisme!

Actually, I mentioned it years ago in another thread showing this image.

2) Sometimes the male avatar's hair glares like a ceramic china!

There are more (like the way the female avatar's holding her club with clubface being ridiculously closed), but the above shown are the most noticeable in game and I believe they're easy ones to fix and should be dealt first.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2022 7:33 AM

We've been used to it for so long, I don't know if anyone else has brought it up. The cup edges, fringes, and flagsticks have been modelled as way too hard.

In real life, the cup edge is turf the same as the green, so a shot landing on the cup edge should be cushioned in much the same way. In the game, it pings off like a super-elasticated trampoline. Similarly, the fringes are slightly longer grass than the greens,so should be slightly more receptive, not super-bouncy like they are.

And the flagsticks in real life generally cushion the impact of a shot (think Scheffler's fiery pitch to the 3rd in the Masters final round). In this game they act like concrete, and can even add energy to a shot which is a physical impossibility.

WGT has done a pretty good job of getting the coefficients of restitution right for the greens and fairways, so so the same level of detail should be applied to the flagsticks, cup edges, and fringes.

RSS